Personality Cafe banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Just wanting to know if your methods are somewhat similar to mine! I'll share what I do~! :)What do you guys do? How do you attempt to get a collection of a large jar of hearts?
I myself personally don't have methods for interaction or seek to acquire a collection of hearts. To my eyes, the topic seems to be about use-based manipulation. I find that kind of interaction deceptive and unpleasant (to do or receive).

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
eh?... well I don't really have a method. I don't believe in using methods. I'm just myself? though, I'm not trying to win over people's hearts. And I pretty much agree with Aquarian. I don't believe in making relationships like that. :I I find that being yourself is much better. You won't be deceiving others and you won't be deceiving yourself, either. :p People either like you or they don't. And if they don't like you for who you are, well perhaps they're not worth your time. But if you want to be friends with someone or if you like someone and are showing effort to create better relationship with them, I don't see a reason why they should refuse you :)

·
Registered
65 Posts
I'm just being myself and being nice to people. In case of love interest, I try to express that I'm interested. Mostly by asking about relationships. "What kind of qualities do you like in a partner?" "Are you currently looking for a relationship?" (Yeah I swear I said that to my boyfriend and he didn't get the hint at all xD So maybe it's not a good way)

Like the others are saying: just be yourself! :)

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
I'm just being myself and being nice to people. In case of love interest, I try to express that I'm interested. Mostly by asking about relationships. "What kind of qualities do you like in a partner?" "Are you currently looking for a relationship?"
How do you lead into that?

·
Registered
65 Posts
How do you lead into that?
Well, we were actually talking about a sleepover party months earlier. At that party everyone was hearing everyone out (start of college, so we didn't really know each other). So everybody was telling about how many relationships they have had... Those kind of things. He didn't say anything about his past then.
So I asked him why he didn't and then he confessed he never had a girlfriend before. And so we got talking. :)

I know, you can not just come out of the blue with these kind of questions, but I can often bend a conversation to the topics I want to talk about. One can always try, no? ;)

·
Registered
29 Posts
what do you do?
I tend not to act in a direct way like "hey! How are you?", If i'm interested in someone i use to catch his/her attention with a method that is very magnetic and fairy, first i appear and than disappear few times, than i start to gravitate around him/her, is a kind of ritual to hypnotize my prey (haha..), than i start to look in her/his eyes, at the beginning very fast but than even more penetrating. After some time a start talking to him/her and i had already captured his/her attenction very well, now everything is on my hand.
WHAHAHAHAHHAHAH!!!! :angry:

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
I write them a letter/ email and disappear for days.

Talking about people I'm not already in a relationship with, but interested in them romantically..a crush if you will. They're usually like wtf, or throw the 'aww that's cute, but I see you as a friend' line :angry:

as for being already in a relationship and trying to win hearts- I've not gone that far with anyone yet.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
I suppose I unknowingly start trying to act appealing, but...MY...kind of appealing-- whatever that is lol. :/ I'd be lying if I said I wasn't trying to win them. However, I won't be untrue about myself. If they like what they see, then they like me, because I was being me the whole time...somehow it's just a different sort of me than people like my close friends are used to. Sedem-When-She-Likes-Somebody.

Gosh, i dunno. It's so confusing >.<. I suppose I do little things that any female does. Smooth her hair, make herself as presentable as possible, pay attention to him more than the others. I'm also always trying to shove down how extra-self-conscious I get -_-. I don't know. It's such a pain. I'd stop acting like that, if it were possible, without having to not have the good feelings that come with it...but...the people I fall for are always so fantastic. It doesn't make sense to stop feeling such things. I can put up with the confusion, because they make me want to be the best that I can be, in much more than just the visible sense.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
I guess I don't really believe in trying to win someone's heart. I think the early bit is about having opportunities to spend time with someone so that you can both feel out your dynamic and actually see more of what the person is like, but from then on if it doesn't go well both ways then I won't push it.

I'll do nice/sweet/thoughtful things for someone because I'm feeling fondly towards them, but never to win them or get them to like me. I'm much more likely to do charming/cute/thoughtful things for someone once I'm with them, not in the courtship - figuring things out stage.

Even with establishing a friendship... I feel like it just has to work on its own, I don't see the point in trying to convince someone to like me or spend parts of their life on me. If they're ready they'll be up for it.

Reactions: sarahscriptor

·
Registered
538 Posts
It sounds bad to say, but someone usually has to win me over, not the other way around. I am myself, and I don't see the point in trying to win over someone who doesn't get me, or like me the way I am. If I feel an initial "click" with a person, I probably do put more effort into giving more of myself to them. If that doesn't scare them off, they have my love and loyalty forever (unless they really, really do something terrible to screw it up).

·
Banned
2,873 Posts
I never thought of such back in the day - working one's way through college, not much time. .
But man, I should have rssponded to Linda! My life would be so different today.
I was single again in midlife - needing to "get over it" before moving on. I was swamped by offers - decent, employed, clean, no alcohol/drug use, not unbearably homely, and owned my own home. On one explanation that I was not ready to "get involved' the lady said, "Doctors can help you with that. . "
I stayed at the library a lot, reading Scientific American.

Seriously, that was a very sad scene.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts