Personality Cafe banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sooo, i have to say this is a pattern i keep having in my life and honestly its only now i've been noticing it,
I keep meeting people with high intelligence, and i don't know, all of them seem broken, and it always goes wrong which ends up for me to be lonely. I mean it's funny you know, they're attracted to me and the other way round. The last relationship i had with wwas with an intj i met online, we burnt bridges (i'm still sad bout it but that's not important)

I'd like to know if i'm the only one to experience that?
( Intjs you are more than welcome to give your opinion)

·
Registered
11,584 Posts
I will ask you first two questions:

- Do you consider yourself an intelligent person too?

- Do you think you are broken too?

I am a healthy mix of IQ and EQ and pretty Broken myself. But I am not sure if I attract other broken/intelligent people or if I rather choose to allow them into my Life while avoiding the healthy Ones. I am a Supporter, probably INFJ (but I want to stay UNKNOWN for 2018 for more Clearness about myself) and I couldn't live a Life where everyone is happy without ANY problems, even if that would be great.

·
Registered
3,670 Posts
Which experience is this... meeting intelligent people randomly? Or that and dating them and the relationship never goes well? I just feel that I am not exactly sure where your question is going. Maybe you would rephrase it as dating intelligent people and it never working out. Something like that.

I guess you are lucky on one part. I mean I have met one intj in person and the intelligence is obvious. It isn't necessarily a high iq but their thought processes are so much longer than people I normally meet (particularly in the work force).
I do not have exactly nerdy interests either. This intj I met loved science and astronomy--she even joined club meets in that. I kind of found her quite secure in terms of friendships. Like she met 'her' people. Is this how you met a lot of these people?

·
Registered
155 Posts
I can kind of see the sense behind it. I seem to attract a few highly intelligent people as friends. I imagine it's because they mostly hang out with friends with high IQ, but low EQ and so are left with a bit of an emotional void in their lives. I guess INFJs provide them with a certain amount of emotional nourishment, while still being able to understand the hard logic of their thoughts.

·
Registered
11,584 Posts
I can kind of see the sense behind it. I seem to attract a few highly intelligent people as friends. I imagine it's because they mostly hang out with friends with high IQ, but low EQ and so are left with a bit of an emotional void in their lives. I guess INFJs provide them with a certain amount of emotional nourishment, while still being able to understand the hard logic of their thoughts.
I understand your point. Though I feel sometimes that if they don't see that Void in themselves those people tend to compare us with their high IQ friends and overlook our strengths. I just wanted to say that this happens sometimes too.

But if both sides see the others assets both could complement each other very good. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts