Personality Cafe banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this one's just a really quick question about my type, I suppose.

I'm pretty sure I'm an INFJ, but a large amount of the time, I prefer to use my Ti/Te over my Fe. (I might also add that my dad and brothers are definitely Te's, so it encourages me to speak out).

Although, I generally look at principle first, then logic, and my dad (ENTP) does the opposite.

I usually get upset if people say things like "it's a good thing you're cute", etc. I really feel like I'm pretty intelligent in my areas of interest, I simply don't voice my thoughts because everyone gets annoyed with it. Maybe that's normal for my type.

Is this common of INFJs? Or am I an INTJ with developed Fi, or just an INFJ with high Ti?

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
I'm another INFJ with an ENTP dad!:)

Anyhow, I've also questioned whether I might be a Thinker a number of times. I think that's not too uncommon for INFJs, who are sometimes referred to as the "coldest" of the feelers. From opinions I've heard, many INFJs tend to agree with that name.

We do highly value rationality and logic and perhaps sometimes put that above of feelings, but when it comes down to it, we are "romantics." More hard romantics than soft romantics for sure, but in the end we are guided the most strongly, deep down, by emotions. Perhaps our internal worlds feel more 'thinkery' because our feeling function is extraverted, leaving Ni and Ti of course, to delight in deeply analyze things.

For me I also feel there's almost a desire to appear as more of a thinker. I suppose that goes along with valuing the rational and logical. But not all the time either.

It's hard to say with the information you gave, but from what you did share, I certainly would say there doesn't seem any reason you couldn't be a feeler.

Also I think it's more likely for an INFJ to identify as being like a Thinker than an INTJ to identify as being like a feeler. For the reasons above, mainly.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I usually get upset if people say things like "it's a good thing you're cute", etc. I really feel like I'm pretty intelligent in my areas of interest, I simply don't voice my thoughts because everyone gets annoyed with it. Maybe that's normal for my type.
This observation indicates that you are upset with this person's external judgement of you (Te). "It's a good thing you're cute" is a judgement you are uncomfortable with because your internal judgement (Ti) has the view that you are "pretty intelligent in [your] areas of interest". I'd say from the small example you have given you are an INFJ. Te in INFJs shows itself when you are unsure of yourself or feel incompetent, which makes you feel like you need to continue learning and making certain you understand everything before having the confidence to make a particular judgement. Te also tends to annoy INFJs because they have their own inner world of judgements which mean they can perceive others judgements as shallow or misguided.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts