Personality Cafe banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hi infjs, first time here.i was just curious to know your experinces you have had with meditation,i know alot of infjs tend to move to this we all one concept and feeling one wiht the universe,like plato's concept of the 'one' anyways what kind of spiritual experinces have you guys had with meditation,anything from peace to full on strange?,

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
hi infjs, first time here.i was just curious to know your experinces you have had with meditation,i know alot of infjs tend to move to this we all one concept and feeling one wiht the universe,like plato's concept of the 'one' anyways what kind of spiritual experinces have you guys had with meditation,anything from peace to full on strange?,
I'm inclined to doing simple awareness meditation. The contents of the mind don't really matter, but I have had all sorts of emotional experiences during my journey. Nothing out of the ordinary, though - or I could be interpreting ground-breaking spiritual experiences as ordinary stuff. After all, all experiences are just an ongoing babble of the mind. :unsure:

Reactions: naren

·
Registered
980 Posts
I forgot to mention the first time I did guided imagery.
The guide was a psychotherapy lecturer so care was taken of the students

I laid on the floor and used relaxation technique to get really comfortable

Then the guide started

I was lead along a beautiful winding walk in a green valley full of beautiful flowers, birds in the sky on a peaceful warm summers day. I could even smell the flowers
I climbed a small hill. Still warm, beautiful flowers, trees and birds singing.
Then I changed Direction
I was then climbing a steeper hill slightly rocky, a more difficult climb
then the climb got more mountainous. Steep rock faces, it was getting colder too
I eventually reached the top of the mountain.
I was tired and exhausted the climb was really difficult
I saw someone in the distance
They started to run towards me
When they reached me
I realised that I was looking at myself
I asked myself how old I was
I replied 113 years old

I was slowly the brought back to reality

WOW!

·
Banned
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
wow! but what was your experince like during the meditation,was there a feeling of oneness?

·
Registered
10,454 Posts
I think anything has the potential to be meditative so long as you're tapping into some "zone" or state of flow. Dancing can be very meditative since it's very rhythmic. But really, anything. I feel a sense of "oneness" the most often when I'm with a group of people (I can feel their energy), making love or by myself in nature. Just looking up at the stars fills you with that sense of awe but I figured that is a common feeling for most people. You feel like you could just melt right into the sky.

Beyond that, I do yoga which taps you into a more relaxed state of being through breathing techniques. Breathing through the different poses is also meditative in a different way since some of them can be hard to hold. Even having dreams can be the same. Something I love to do is listen to music while swinging on a swing, just reflecting. That taps me into it as well. I create a lot of my poetry that way. The list is endless.

Reactions: naren

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
I’m going to be pretty straight forward here. Not because ou did anything wrong or because I’m upset, but more of because I’m not sure of a better way to ask. Do you know what you mean by meditation?

·
Banned
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well what i mean is meditation by achiving a state of flow,or no mind being emty

·
Registered
3 Posts
Listening to small sounds we normally don't pay much attention to is an easy way for me to find a peaceful state fast. And the longer I allow that to be my only center of attention, I start to hear it all working together like music. And than yes, the feeling of oneness that my heart beating and the bird chirping and the refrigerator humming are all making this song and I am the song.

I also like to clear my mind of thoughts and rest quietly. That is such a wonderful feeling! Can be hard to do when I haven't done it in a long time.

I often ask a question I need help with before going to bed or before meditating. In the morning or in meditation almost always, an answer pops into my head. Often I'm surprised by it because I would never imagine it with my normal busy mind.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts