Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
nfj types i noticed have such great poetic skills,even just basic language can be poetic,so i ask from were does this poetry come?,is it that nfj types just do it for fun?,so please explain this exotic game? or this way that burns the flame?, so how does fe work when it comes to creativity?,like a poet who doesnt realy know it?,do you infjs love to show it?,or is it natural?

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
Poetry is a means of self-expression. Introverted intuition is a highly symbolic and complex system of processing information, and poetry is a great way of expressing it in few words. Ni-Fe is adept at figuring out how to express this inner world, how to deliver its findings to listener. Expression is essential because otherwise all this information would remain a formless clump of intuitive data. It gains form when it's expressed, and when it gains form, it gets organised. Organisation makes space for new ideas to form, for adaptation.

·
Registered
478 Posts
It is in the act of condensing a concept (or several) or an experience into a form of expression, which would otherwise be left just as a vague intuition/gut response or feeling.

All my conversations growing up were 'adapted' to the other person's or collective's style of speaking, their language use and even their body language.
It was quite hard doing that growing up but being understood and conveying what I meant was important to me and still is to a far lesser degree and deeply still for other infjs I know. I try to do it less nowadays but I believe this is why we're seen to have a natural ability to express ourselves around others.

Couple that with our cognitive functions and infjs tend to have a very particular style of poetry that is easily recognisable.

I've been told the things I do and say can be seen as often romantic, wise, having a great deal of 'meaning' behind it and that my language use is often odd/poetic/different (usually in an amazed enthusiastic tone)/fascinating at times but not all the time.
I do notice the stares are a bit different towards me than others because my delivery is more often to the point, engaging and easily understood.

I've also noticed that some infjs 'break' from socially standard phrases, I do it mostly because words have connotations behind them and am quite pedantic about word choice due to often having more sensitive conversations.
An example would be that I go between saying 'favourite friends', 'people I care about' and 'people I love' instead of 'best friends'. So their language can be deeply personal as well, which brings about a feeling of genuineness and authenticity to it.

·
Registered
10,454 Posts
I don't feel like I'm all that poetic in my basic language. I do however, enjoy writing poetry. It's a great outlet. Fe is present in my poetry in the way that my insights and observations about people/relationships go into it. Due to Ni, I enjoy using symbols as an effective way to represent people (the person) or the point I'm trying to make about some sort of truth - which usually has to do with people (example: using vampires as a symbolic device to represent certain types of toxic people).

I'm also always imagining writing or presenting what I've written to an audience or sometimes as if I'm talking to the person my poem is about which is also Fe at play. I'm trying to incite a reaction in my audience by using words I know are provocative/dramatic rather than dull and boring. I want reading my poetry to be an immersive, intense experience (maybe Se at play).

I also like to take contradictions and bring them together or words that shouldn't be used in a certain context and making them work some how. I like breaking the word rules by using words in new ways (this might be Ti at play).

Ni come into play because it's flowing from my subconscious. The ideas come to me. I start with an idea about what I'm trying to express or even a few words will come to me and then I'll build off of that. I usually don't know where it's going to end because I always trust that Ni will connect everything together for me in the end (which it does). Ti comes into edit.

Sometimes I write stuff and I don't know what it's even about until I reflect on it later because it's all super abstract. I don't care if the audience interprets it to mean something different than how I originally meant it. That's to be expected to some degree because it's abstract. And I think that what makes great Art is that it turns others into artists. If it causes you to think or feel something, if I've touched something within you, then I've succeeded. Well no, I think I've succeeded even if I just express it because I'm mainly writing it for myself even if I am writing it with an audience in mind. It's cathartic and always been a form of therapy and creative play for me. But if it happens to touch another person, that's always a nice bonus.

Reactions: naren
1 - 4 of 4 Posts