Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

I'm a bit of a Newbie, so finding it scary to be posting in the big scary forum, but bear with my ignorance!

I've searched through the INFJ forum and didn't find anything like this, so I hope I'm not repeated what anyone else has already posted!

Basically, I was wondering about the INFJ LGBTQ community, particularly pansexuality and gender balance. I was wondering if pansexuality and pangender/bigender were more prevalent in our type with both our self-reflection and feeling of openness towards other people.

For those of you who don't know,
Pansexuality: One who can love sexuality in many forms. Like bisexuality, but even more fluid, a pansexual person can love not only the traditional male and female genders, but also transgendered, androgynous, and gender fluid people.
Pangender: A person who does not conform to binary gender standards. Someone who identifies as neither male or female, but instead a third gender.
Bigender: The tendacy to move between masculine and feminine gender-typed behaviour depending on context, expressing a distinctly male persona and a distinctly female persona.

---

1) How would you describe your sexuality?

2) Where would you say you were on the Kinsey scale? (The Kinsey Institute - Kinsey Sexuality Rating Scale [Research Program]) or other?

3) How would you describe your gender? (http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/humanbody/sex/add_user.shtml - however, doesn't include the illusive third gender :sad:)

4) What gender would society say you were born as? (could this question be phrased with any more political correctness?)

·
Registered
17 Posts
THIS IS WHAT I GOT:):

Your Brain is 53% Female, 47% Male

The test said my brain is pretty much equally male and female. I consider myself pretty female because I tend to get wrapped up in feelings and such. But in other ways I think like a man.

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
Your Brain is 53% Female, 47% Male

Same for me. Not a big fan of the test, but I do consider myself to be pretty feminine.

I'm exclusively attracted to women, but I'm attracted to women w/ masculine traits. I'm not a big fan of the female gender stereotypes. I prefer women who don't try to fit any standards.

As for my own "gender" I don't put much thought into it. Sometimes I like to be aggressive and strong and play a masculine role, and sometimes I'm a lot more soft and vulnerable.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
1) Heterosexual. Although some transsexuals (nearly always asian the ones) are attractive to me as well, but only because you really can't tell they used to be men.

2) 0

3) 60% female, 40% male brain

4) Male. I've never been called feminine, and don't think I come across that way either.

Reactions: SilentScream

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
@Jawz I think that any brain gender test is going to inevitably going to be quite sexist, or stereotypical at the very least, but I remember taking this one on the BBC website about a year or so ago and don't remember being particularly offended by it, although in retrospect it's quite problematic that they refer to it as 'brain sex' instead of 'brain gender' since it's obvious that a biologically female individual has a 100% female brain... but I digress. I'm pretty sure that it only really tests traditionally feminine/masculine skills (empathy and spatial reasoning are what stick out) rather than completely blatant stereotypes parading as truth. I do remember that I scored more masculine than even most men on most of the tests, but I had a good laugh about it since it pretty much validated what I already knew to be the case.

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
@Jawz I think that any brain gender test is going to inevitably going to be quite sexist, or stereotypical at the very least, but I remember taking this one on the BBC website about a year or so ago and don't remember being particularly offended by it, although in retrospect it's quite problematic that they refer to it as 'brain sex' instead of 'brain gender' since it's obvious that a biologically female individual has a 100% female brain... but I digress. I'm pretty sure that it only really tests traditionally feminine/masculine skills (empathy and spatial reasoning are what stick out) rather than completely blatant stereotypes parading as truth. I do remember that I scored more masculine than even most men on most of the tests, but I had a good laugh about it since it pretty much validated what I already knew to be the case.
Strong INTJ girls are really hot 0____0

The Te vs. Ti clash is a shame though; I love conceptualizing about things that are unsupported by data. It's one of my favorite pass-times. Does Ti vs. Te happen w/ you and ur hubby, Knittigan?

Were it not for that snag, INTJ girls would come out on top of ENTP girls for me. (Mn. . . on top of. :D)

·
Registered
ESTJ 3w2 sp
3,087 Posts
1. Pansexual
2. 2-3
3. Your Brain is 60% Female, 40% Male
4. I'm a lady :)

That test was pretty stupid, though. How do you even measure such a thing anyway?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What Gender Is Your Brain?

Am I the only one who thought that these questions are bloody sexist to the core?
Sorry about the test guys! Looking back on it, it does look pretty sexist, but I thought maybe it was scientific and that those were actual factors. MY BAD. I've taken that BBC one before and found it interesting, so I'll add that into the original post. Thanks for everyone's feedback! I'm fighting back the urge to make graphs out of the data :p

·
Registered
17,819 Posts
Sorry about the test guys! Looking back on it, it does look pretty sexist, but I thought maybe it was scientific and that those were actual factors. MY BAD. I've taken that BBC one before and found it interesting, so I'll add that into the original post. Thanks for everyone's feedback! I'm fighting back the urge to make graphs out of the data :p
That would be awesome actually :) And thanks for accepting our criticism so graciously. I suppose we're all pretty much test junkies now and are at the point where most of us analysing the tests themselves rather than allowing the tests to analyse us. :)

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That would be awesome actually :) And thanks for accepting our criticism so graciously. I suppose we're all pretty much test junkies now and are at the point where most of us analysing the tests themselves rather than allowing the tests to analyse us. :)
I love tests as well and have taken my fair few, but I'm always so trusting! In The Big Five my openness is somewhere like 95%! I'm just the most gullible person you will never meet :p

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
>.> Just accept that you're all sex-crazed maniacs! Just kidding. XD (that popped into my mind when I saw the title of the thread)

Gender identity is a social construct which tends to take dominant characteristics and define them as masculine and more submissive, gentle characteristics are defined as feminine. It's a fragment left over from an age of patriarchy....the same way that being dominant and aggressive was the right of the church and nobility, but being meek and subservient was portrayed as the ideal for the lower class. But these days....at least in most of the developed world, women are more than baby-making receptacles, so the purpose of gender stereotypes is a little archaic. Thinkers usually read as masculine, Feelers as feminine. :p

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
>.> Just accept that you're all sex-crazed maniacs! Just kidding. XD (that popped into my mind when I saw the title of the thread)

Gender identity is a social construct which tends to take dominant characteristics and define them as masculine and more submissive, gentle characteristics are defined as feminine. It's a fragment left over from an age of patriarchy....the same way that being dominant and aggressive was the right of the church and nobility, but being meek and subservient was portrayed as the ideal for the lower class. But these days....at least in most of the developed world, women are more than baby-making receptacles, so the purpose of gender stereotypes is a little archaic. Thinkers usually read as masculine, Feelers as feminine. :p
I hate gender bias as well, and I guess it's a show of how much our society is saturated with it that I didn't even notice!

Oh.... graphs. I do love me some graphs. I would be so on board with this.
GRAPHS IT IS!!! SQUEEEEE!!!

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
The gender-role subcatagories don't make much sense to me.

We are who we are.
But... CATEGORIES! If there are no categories, then I can't get perverse pleasure from bending them :shocked:

I take back what I just posted on your profile. Silly Ti. :wink:

·
Registered
923 Posts
1. Heterosexual
2. 0, though I can see beauty in men that they are attractive and that they have a beautiful body or face, the moment anything mildly sexual comes to mind I'm about ready to vomit. Sort of like works of art not sexual symbols.
3. Surprisingly I got 60% female, I scored everything male, except my empathy and reading emotion level which were through the roof, which apparently sent me from comfortably manly into mildly feminine.
4. I was born a man,and always will be. One thing I will never truly understand, being confused about your gender. You were born with a penis, you can be as feminine as you want, you are still a dude. I meen seriously it's a sexual organ, it isn't your mind.

1 - 20 of 95 Posts