1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
Dominant introverted intuition.

·
Registered
501 Posts
i keep reading that infjs are highly intuitive?,what are you guys experinces with this...and what do you think that it is that makes the infj so intuitive?
Haha you're asking so many different INFJ-questions over here! If you are an INTJ, you should lead with intuition as well :)

·
Registered
INTP 9w1-5w4-2w3 sp/so
2,601 Posts
Intuitive is definitely one of the higher parts of my preferences. I could not be an s. That along introversion are the clearest out of the main four. The funny thing is, I've heard INFJs commonly border between i and e. I have met some INFJs who seem to border between S and N though. Maybe it just appears that way to an outsider and their mind wokrs differently than I suspect it too. My se function is very poor and it always have been. My thought process is very that of an intuitive and there's rarely a time that I live in the moment. I also live in the world of "what if" and go off to ni-land.

Reactions: SOM and naren

·
Registered
4 Posts
Intuitive is definitely one of the higher parts of my preferences. I could not be an s. That along introversion are the clearest out of the main four. The funny thing is, I've heard INFJs commonly border between i and e. I have met some INFJs who seem to border between S and N though. Maybe it just appears that way to an outsider and their mind wokrs differently than I suspect it too. My se function is very poor and it always have been. My thought process is very that of an intuitive and there's rarely a time that I live in the moment. I also live in the world of "what if" and go off to ni-land.
I, like you absolutely could not be an S; and I feel that intuition is a very strong characteristic of my personality. However, I do find myself quite close between the I and E border sometimes. Usually, I'm very shy when meeting new people but when I actually get to know them and they become my close friends I truly open up on an emotional level and become much more extroverted.

·
Registered
INTP 9w1-5w4-2w3 sp/so
2,601 Posts
I, like you absolutely could not be an S; and I feel that intuition is a very strong characteristic of my personality. However, I do find myself quite close between the I and E border sometimes. Usually, I'm very shy when meeting new people but when I actually get to know them and they become my close friends I truly open up on an emotional level and become much more extroverted.
I can totally relate. For as far back as I could remember, I've had a lot of evidence for inferior Se. It's a very defining factor of my being. That makes sense that you border between I and E. I've heard a lot of INFJs are truly introverts but can be mistaken for extroverts. I only get to the point where I can be mistaken for an extrovert if I am extremely comfortable in a group. Also when people get me rambling on, they can't get me to shut up. I have been mistaken for an e before. Even when that happens, my strong introvert preference is still there, even if it is hidden to an outsider.

Reactions: naren and SOM

·
Registered
129 Posts
Dominant introverted intuition like Kirjuri said, but I have to say that I don't really notice it much. I have an ENFP friend where it is just totally obvious. Perhaps it manifests in ways I don't notice or am just totally used to. There have been a few times when it has been obvious and quite useful, like the 'knowing' that happens automatically when in a group meeting and all of the seemingly random comments fall into place in your mind and you come up with a plan. But now I have a rather mundane and scheduled life, so perhaps at this time in my life it isn't used too much. I must say that the sensate thing just is an mystery to me. I have tried to explain it to my ENTJ son but I don't know what quite to say.

I would be curious to ask you as an INTJ how you experience intuition.

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
Your dominant function is even more pronounced when you are younger (before you become more balanced):

When I was 15, we had a typical social group thing where a group of us guys became friends with a group of girls. There would be two relationships that came out of it, myself and my first gf an INFJ, and "my boy" (MB) and a girl (AG). I saw MB and AG around each other for the first time for 10 seconds and I knew they would end up dating- did they show some crazy connection? Nope, they just said a few shy words like teens do and were generally being chill. I got together with INFJ first, I think we maybe had the stronger chemistry, that was my first experience of that magnetic connection. We literally took about 3 meetings to get together which for a first experience looking back was very fast. We didn't need "I like you", we didn't need to confirm anything, we could just tell the intuitive vibe was just next-level. First meeting I was gazing into her eyes, second meeting we were hugging for 20 minutes because we suddenly didn't want to let go, and third we made out.

Months later after we'd broken up but remained friends I was talking to her best friend on MSN- MB and AG were still dating and I was kind of boasting that I knew they would get together within seconds. She then reveals that INFJ had the same thing- and that her group of friends were always freaked out by how she could be psychic about things. Looking back I realise she even probably had a read on me at a level I didn't realise.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I think it mostly comes off when I make decisions based on completley unexplained basings.

Reactions: naren
1 - 9 of 9 Posts