Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Banned
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hay INFJays!

So I was wondering just how adventurous you guys are. I've been seeing two very opposite positions on how people want their future to be. Most people want to live a cozy home life with kids, a loving partner, and a dog. Though, some others like me, want crazy adventure in our life. Personally, I want to live as a desert nomad, live in the poorest villages in Africa, etc.

Do you guys have an extremely adventurous spirit, or would you say that your adventurousness is not a significant part of who you are?

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Oooh another INFJ thread to invade -- in a nice way. :wink:

I am the same here:

I am torn between being boring (no offence intended), and being more adventurous.

I would like to just forget everything and do whatever I want. But, even though I don't have a lady friend right now, or any children to worry about, I still like to feel settled and stable.

I'm not always very adventurous. Then again, probably a lot of INTP's are the same.

·
Registered
17,829 Posts
I have an instinctive urge to be very settled, stay at home do nothing, and stay in one job for a lifetime.

But, life hasn't been like that. There's already been a lot of travelling in my life (visited about 6 different countries - having settled down and lived in 2). The longest I've ever gone without crossing international borders is 5 years? Hmm .. some would think that that's pretty adventurous.

Also, I've done things like hiking, riding a motor-bike, play at late night concerts, xtreme roller-blading (10-20k at a time), road trips, night-time strolls through the woods in blizzards (just because I could) - a lot of fun stuff and adventure before 2003.

Next big adventure: Running. Forgotten what that feels like since the accident. So ultimately, am I adventurous .. hell ya. I'd climb the Everest if I could :) and jump off with a parachute !

·
MOTM October 2013
6,445 Posts
I'd like some spurts of adventure, like going on a vacation to hang glide or sky dive, but I think overall I'd just like a peaceful home, husband, 2.4 kids, pets, stable job, etc...

I did once consider being a police officer, since I keep pretty calm in a crisis, but decided it'd wreak havoc on my sensitivity in the long run.

·
Registered
8,672 Posts
I don't need to experience "adventure" (subjective), I have my mind to simulate it.

·
Banned
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't need to experience "adventure" (subjective), I have my mind to simulate it.
I have a stimulating mind as well. No matter where I am or what I'm doing, I am never bored. I haven't been bored since I was like 9 years old. But still, I feel the urge for extreme adventure

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
I'd like some spurts of adventure, like going on a vacation to hang glide or sky dive, but I think overall I'd just like a peaceful home, husband, 2.4 kids, pets, stable job, etc...
yup thats my balance. Stable home and adventurous vacations. I have considered being an archaeologist but i thought about that amount of time it would take me away from my future family and the fact pay is bad.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I think that you can make anything adventurous as long as you are in the right company and/or the right state of mind. I definitely crave it. Laughter is an adventure, drinking is an adventure, loving (ew, mushy, sorry) is an adventure, seeing things differently than everyone else - even mundane every-day sorts of things - is an adventure.

Though real life can occasionally get in the way. Then you have to make imaginary adventures. Which, under the same circumstances as my first sentence state can be just as fulfilling.

·
Registered
8,672 Posts
I have a stimulating mind as well. No matter where I am or what I'm doing, I am never bored. I haven't been bored since I was like 9 years old. But still, I feel the urge for extreme adventure
Well I did jump off the top of a train once. :p

Reactions: Vivid Melody

·
Registered
361 Posts
i chase my passions, which has lead me to embark on adventures i haven't always consciously chosen.

otherwise, i'd like to think i'm pretty good at making anything an adventure, like Carmelina said up above :)

·
Banned
28 Posts
Uhhh im not a INFJ im a ESFP so like its pretty much the same cuz like its just letters so same difference duh u know?
I like to be adventuring and stuff because its easy for me cuz its who i am
I do stuff with friends and i dont always do everything but when it feels like i want to i just go ahead haha LOL cuz u know u gotta do it when u feel it !!!!
-Steph xoxo

·
Registered
328 Posts
Love will be the greatest adventure.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Definitely adventurous - I have been like that all my life. Right now I live and work in a motorhome, where I have a small office set up, with my two dogs. But who knows where I might end up tomorrow? It could be anywhere... : ) I'd much rather live a life of constant, or check that, semi-constant adventure (need some time to breathe) than to follow the beaten path and run the rat race. I have no interest in material things, but I have had many material things in the past and so I don't feel I'm missing anything (been there, done that). I am a collector of experiences rather than possessions. I am absolutely motivated by the promise of new adventure, but i get depressed thinking about being stuck in some boring job or some boring place. I know not everyone agrees with this thinking, but it's just who I am. Maybe someday I'll settle down...

INFJ 4w5, 5w4, 8w9

1 - 20 of 48 Posts