Personality Cafe banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
I long for satisfaction, serenity and meaning.

Reactions: thedog and naren

·
Registered
INTP 9w1-5w4-2w3 sp/so
2,601 Posts
I often feel a longing for the future and what is to come. This is especially if I am really looking to something. I also have a certain wish to understand the people around me more and for those who are close to me to understand me. I long for the well-being of people in my life as well. I also have a wish to improve in what I do. Sometimes if it is a deeper want, I can't put my finger on it in the moment and it takes time to think about. It takes time to figure out.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Lol daily as well. Although it is normally a longing for a world I think we could be living in rather than the world we are living in. Normally but I can long desperately for those people and relationships who/that have come and gone in my life as well

·
Registered
186 Posts
I have an intense longing to find my purpose and meaning in this life. Also, I can be pretty dramatic about missing people (in my mind), I feel physically ill and unstable being away from someone I deeply care about for long.

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Oh yes. I'd practically define my personality and mental state by longing.

I always feel as though I'm longing for something, for some completeness or truth or deep meaning. Sometimes it feels more like a deep connection I long for, a special closeness, an openness. I don't really know though, and that's partly what the longing has to do with.

I'm always searching, and I'd define that feeling when I'm aware of it as a sort of longing.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I long mostly for understanding, and in that love as well. I know this is such a paramount trait for us because we are so often misunderstood.
I want to understand myself better which is what has led me here. I'm still very much a work in progress on this end. I also want to be understood, if just by one other person. It is so exhausting to have to explain myself to every new person who enters my life, when I myself don't even have a complete grasp on me, especially when no matter what I say or do, the other person still doesn't get it.
As I already said though, I long for love too. I really believe this goes hand in hand with the understanding. I long for more than just any love. I long for a true soul connection. I just want one person to enter my life who gets me and I don't have to explain everything to. I also want someone who will see all my qwerks, imperfections, weaknesses, flaws, and love me fully in spite of those things.
I have wondered if this is something that I might really one day have, or if this is just another function of my INFJ idealism.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Always.

For a better world. For happiness. For a life I enjoy. But those are not possible for me.

So now, I just long for something that will consume my life and my self. Let me long for The Abyss too~

·
Registered
501 Posts
A constant longing for freedom! And when I was single I used to long for a deep connection with someone else.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Because I have known despair I value Hope.
Because i have tasted frustration I value Fulfillment.
Because I have been lonely I value Love.

-Leonard Nemoy

I long for too much, looking for something in the void, there is nothing, so alone.

·
Registered
INFJ 3w2
718 Posts
Yes, all the time! Sometimes the feeling is so intense, I'm not even sure what I am longing for. A world completely separate from this reality, I think. And I am very happy with my life, but it's still a feeling I get. Etherial music can be a real trigger for that.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts