Personality Cafe banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In other words, and in romantic relationships do you lean toward the belief that "if it is meant to be, then it will be?" Or are you more likely to be proactive and make something happen? :tongue:

·
Registered
10,452 Posts
Hmmm a bit of both. Relying too much on serendipity seems foolish/lazy. Not every relationship you attract to yourself is..."meant to be" or beneficial. And relying too much on my own efforts would have felt too...controlling, forced and unnatural.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
The other person would see me as spontaneous and that we are meant to be together, but I know that everything was just a part of a grand plan. I haven't even met anyone yet but that doesn't stop me from scheming. *evil laugh*

·
Registered
255 Posts
In other words, and in romantic relationships do you lean toward the belief that "if it is meant to be, then it will be?" Or are you more likely to be proactive and make something happen?

Can it be both? I feel both. I'm proactive to make something happen if I feel strongly about the person but if they say no or aren't inclined to dating at the time or I'm questioning if I should ask...I think "if it'll be, it'll be. If it's not to...oh well, it won't."

The only exception to serendipity to me is with my best friend but that's cause everyone around me swears someday she'll fall for me and we'll marry one day.

·
Registered
8,949 Posts
Yeah, as Vunar said.

Problem is that "random" and "spontaneous" relationships don't really happen to me. I know too much what is going on between me and someone else, and I know how my own actions are influencing the situation. So while they may believe our coming together was a stroke of blind luck, I have already understood why we went on the first date. xD

1 - 7 of 7 Posts