Personality Cafe banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious, I see most of (Western) Astrology as obvious delusion, yet I've also always sensed a very real yearly pattern embedded in it.
It's the sun sign descriptions. If you are born in this and that sign, you will have a higher probability of having certain traits.
It seems to work way above random chance and helped me understand certain things about people in my life that I couldn't have figured out any other way (and these things were then confirmed by them).

After a lot of research into this, I've come to believe that it's the effect the (four) seasons had on our development in the months prior birth, and shortly after it.
Then this seasonal effect is basically hard-wired into us for life. So it seems to work on a deeper/more basic level than MBTI, and combining the two gives the best results.

People born on cusps are sort of the mixture of the two sign's descriptions, it's more useful to look at the people born in the middle of signs (the division into 12 is a completely arbitrary one).

Or I'm simply very crazy, that's also a possibility, and I don't mind being proven wrong. :)

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
As with all the other fun things I enjoy (meditation, intuition, reading tarot, etc.) I consider horoscopes a stepping stone or starting point in discovering patterns and intuitions. Just as our senses and our minds are never 100% accurate, neither are horoscopes.

I've had a lot of fun with the book "The Secret Language of Birthdays". The Secret Language of Birthdays Though as always, I like reading the book in-hand much better than the cheesy online version, though the text is the same. The book has a very in-depth writeup at the start as to how all the information was gathered. I've shared with many friends and family members and have received mixed results--the results I enjoy the most are the ones who have the a-ha! moments and dive deeper into self-discovery. That's what it's all about.

·
Registered
4,208 Posts
Actually western astrology is based on seasonal orientation and that is why it does not match the constellations' real position.
Also, astrology is more than sun signs, curiously if your sun is in a particular sign then chances are there are other elements of the chart (like Mercury and Venus) also being in the same sign or the neighbor signs.
And then a lot depends on the reader's capacity to read and understand the symbolism. It's like what use would it have to give a complex symbolism system to someone if this person does not have enough understanding and wisdom about life and psychology complexity (which is what astrology's symbolism is based on)? Many of the online articles and reading materials are too superficial and focused on the surface basic traits and descriptions.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts