Personality Cafe banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i hate when arrogant , condescending people look at you when you're upset , and instead of being all kind and angelic like " its ok buddy , ill make it ok " they act like arrogant jerks and theyre like " OMG IM SO MUCH BETTER THAN YOU , YOU ARE REALLY EVIL FOR BEING UPSET , YOU HAVE TO BE HAPPY , IF YOURE NOT HAPPY YOU HAVE TO GO ON DRUGS BECAUSE IF YOURE NOT HAPPY YOU DONT BELONG IN OUR SOCIETY , ITS YOUR FAULT THAT YOU HAVE PROBLEMS JUST FORGET ABOUT IT AND IT WILL BE OK "
I HATE when people do this . Most psychiatrists are like that if you notice . They NEVER have a compassionate nice expression on their face , they always have a daunting , condescending intimidating expression on their faces , like theyre saying " you are a very bad person for being upset , you have to be happy or well arrest you"
They NEVER look kind or sympathetic , they always look like they think theyre some sort of God who knows everything and that you are an ignorant uninformed person who deserves to be imprisoned
dont worry though , they "care"
well of course they do, how else could they make money , money they use to party like a materialistic jackass and dance on the graves of their ten million victims
also whenever i express this view to them ( obviously in a calmer way like " why cant you just be sympathetic for once " they NEVER take the time to analyze the words . Instead they act like mentally impaired monkeys and all they focus on is the tone , and they say something stupid like " oh no you dont agree with us ! thats bad ! " theyre like animals who dont know human language and take all insults the same because theyre too stupid to analyze the actual philosophical meaning behind the words so they just focus on stupid stuff like " omg youre mad ! that is like so totally not good ! time to pump you full of drugs , la de da de da "

·
Registered
585 Posts
I think everyone, not just INFJs, gets upset when this kind of thing happens.

Have you tried not seeing these psychiatrists if they're not helping, then?

Also, sometimes people like this aren't necessarily arrogant or condescending. Sometimes these people mean well but don't know how to carry through with their intention, and end up doing things that backfire.

Reactions: Arclight

·
Registered
35 Posts
I had a mental health counselor who was the complete opposite. She was great. I was in a bad place in my life and I would cry all the time because my life was crumbling and I told my counselor it was hard because people around me would freak out when I would cry and even when I was little I was told to stop crying because apparently I was crying to just get what I wanted, not because I was sad or upset. She said I should never apologize for being upset. I was a human being and entitled to feel emotions and crying was a natural release of pent up emotion and totally natural. If other people couldnt handle a fellow human being crying they were the ones acting weird. I never apologized for crying again. Although I dont cry as much because I've become more in control of my life and emotions.

·
Registered
8,949 Posts
Perhaps your problem is that you are seeing a person who specializes in drugs; instead, go look for a therapist. On a professional note, therapists aren't suppose to say much--they are there to listen. However, they shouldn't be judgmental--you found a bad person.

58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think everyone, not just INFJs, gets upset when this kind of thing happens.

Have you tried not seeing these psychiatrists if they're not helping, then?

Also, sometimes people like this aren't necessarily arrogant or condescending. Sometimes these people mean well but don't know how to carry through with their intention, and end up doing things that backfire.
true . im not really seeing them now , just reflections on the past

58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I had a mental health counselor who was the complete opposite. She was great. I was in a bad place in my life and I would cry all the time because my life was crumbling and I told my counselor it was hard because people around me would freak out when I would cry and even when I was little I was told to stop crying because apparently I was crying to just get what I wanted, not because I was sad or upset. She said I should never apologize for being upset. I was a human being and entitled to feel emotions and crying was a natural release of pent up emotion and totally natural. If other people couldnt handle a fellow human being crying they were the ones acting weird. I never apologized for crying again. Although I dont cry as much because I've become more in control of my life and emotions.
:happy: im glad you found someone good . I didnt intend this to mean all of them , just the ones who are like that . Much love to you and i hope you are better now ! :happy::happy:

58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Perhaps your problem is that you are seeing a person who specializes in drugs; instead, go look for a therapist. On a professional note, therapists aren't suppose to say much--they are there to listen. However, they shouldn't be judgmental--you found a bad person.
thank you very much . yes they did specialize in drugs

·
Banned
2,873 Posts
In general - and this is the long view, looking backward, there is not much sympathy anywhere in the world. Like - If you need a helping hand there is one on the end of your arm. Histrionic people are quite unpleasant and difficult to work with. And as a therapist I learned that sympathy was never called for, while understanding and enabling the client to deal with problems, including disappointment, are good tools. Sympathy is a disabler. It is an addictive psychic drug.

As to getting upset, the only one who is ultimately responsible, and the only one who can do anything about it, is the one who is upset. Life is and ever shall be difficult. Accept that and then it is simply life.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Solution: find and talk to someone who understands. Professional or not. If people do not understand they are more likely to dismiss it without thinking about it or trying to empathize with you. Sympathizing is different than empathizing, you want empathizing.

·
Registered
642 Posts
I totally agree with the psychiatrists. I believe they are just there to prescribe medicine. I don't find them close to their clients and they keep this straight face.
It's really weird to me considering I have visited psychologists, councillors and etc, that psychiatrists are the only mental health physicians that have this daunting face.
Psychiatrists, tell me... Why?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts