Personality Cafe banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
I think we're still more interested in why you've recently become so interested in INFJs. So come on, tell us your story! I'm sure that's more interesting than this thread will be otherwise. i.e. Answer: We're introverts, we really don't do that much approaching. And variations on that theme...

·
Registered
119 Posts
so whats your style.?`
In the past, it was veeeeeeeery shyly, if at all. Crushes back then were horrifying...

Nowadays, it's casually, but typically not with the initial intention of dating. I find it hard to want to date someone unless I have a feel for who they are, their "vibe." If I have a crush on someone, I usually tell them as confidently as I can muster. Which is actually quite confidently, I have to admit, and I'm a bit impressed with myself for that.

Actually, in that respect I've never understood the modern dating scene. What's the point of taking out a hot girl when you have no idea who the heck she is? Are you using her as a piece of arm candy to make yourself look more valuable in the eyes of the generally-shallow public? But I digress...

·
Registered
436 Posts
My method is to find an interesting and attractive person of the opposite gender, worm my way into their circle of acquaintances/friends, and then patiently wait for them to fall madly in love with me and demand we date.

...I'm still waiting to see if it works before I move on to another approach. Science demands testing, after all. Yeah.

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
I'm starting to think that there's a certain INFJ in your life you wish to understand, @naren .

·
Registered
748 Posts
I think we're still more interested in why you've recently become so interested in INFJs. So come on, tell us your story! I'm sure that's more interesting than this thread will be otherwise. i.e. Answer: We're introverts, we really don't do that much approaching. And variations on that theme...
He wants to date one of us, or wants to change into one of us ;p

·
Banned
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
simple reason,i want to understand them better

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
simple reason,i want to understand them better
But how will you use this new understanding of INFJs? I thought INTJs were all about efficiency. How many INFJs do you know in real life? If you don't know any, isn't this somewhat a waste of time?:kitteh:

·
Banned
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
But how will you use this new understanding of INFJs? I thought INTJs were all about efficiency. How many INFJs do you know in real life? If you don't know any, isn't this somewhat a waste of time?:kitteh:
i know quite a few actualy,and im using this knowlege to complete a goal,

·
Registered
🌈🎹☮INFJ 666 sx/sp🇺🇸💃🏻💋
2,845 Posts
It depends.
With friends, it takes me awhile to warm to people, but when I do, it happens pretty quickly and I can be very direct.

Romantic interest was similar, but there's definitely a lot more, I want to say analyzing my feelings and then trying to pinpoint their feelings and see if I could pick up on their "vibes". But, when I decided that I was interested in someone, I'm wasn't really direct, per se, but I would pursue someone or sometimes would even make the first move if i knew it would be reciprocated.

·
Registered
26 Posts
so whats your style.?`
I feel like it depends on the personality of who I'm talking to and my current mood too.

With an INFP, I was more outgoing and playfully (but not harmfully) mischievous. I prodding him with playful questions that were layered hints & subtleties. I fell in love with him and didn't relay my feelings until I felt the pressure of the "now or never" as he was moving away to University. I blurted I'd be the best person to date & proceeded to run away. Haha, good times.

I used to know an INTP and ENTP, both of which I was much more cautious. I was attracted to both, but never made it known. I think it's because they're so intelligent, difficult to read, crafty and know how to make me vulnerable that made me more cautious/nervous/awkward around them.

In general, My style is to understand the essence of my interests' soul. I want to learn how their mind works, I want to help them be the best version of themselves, I want to care for them in any way shape or form... so you'll see me catching glances, doing small things for them, hiding my feelings by ensuring mutual friends don't suspect anything (ironically though, people notice I'm trying too hard and then realize I like said person lol).

I feel like a good way to know if an INFJ is swooning is if she does really boring, mundane and small things for you. I personally hate doing things like that (too practical, not enough idealistic meaning = tiring... but I would do this for my beloved).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts