Personality Cafe banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so we know that fe is peopel focused,but if you removed people,and lets say you lived most of your life alone in a forrest,how would fe play a role in your thinking?

·
Registered
501 Posts
I would probably try to communicate with nature a lot.
Haha I love this! I think I did this when I was a little kid, talking with the trees and the birds. And to myself.

If I would live in a forest, I would write long letters to myself, people who live far away and now and then receive some company over the weekend - once a half year or so.

Sounds lovely! I'd like to live in a far of forest ;)

·
Registered
10,454 Posts
Good question. I'd probably think about the people who I left behind (assuming I'm lost/stranded) and how they feel about the whole thing. Trying to imagine their reactions. Are they worried? Crying? Etc. I'd probably talk to God a lot as well and make up characters or imagine stories in my head or whatever just to pass the time. Preferably, I'd like to read or write to pass the time as well.

Assuming that I was just born in a forest by myself most of my life, I feel like it's hard to say how that would have affected my thinking to be different than how it is now. I mean, I'd definitely be much more naive in regards to people with such little experience with them. I can tell you that much.

·
Banned
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good question. I'd probably think about the people who I left behind (assuming I'm lost/stranded) and how they feel about the whole thing. Trying to imagine their reactions. Are they worried? Crying? Etc. I'd probably talk to God a lot as well and make up characters or imagine stories in my head or whatever just to pass the time. Preferably, I'd like to read or write to pass the time as well.

Assuming that I was just born in a forest by myself most of my life, I feel like it's hard to say how that would have affected my thinking to be different than how it is now. I mean, I'd definitely be much more naive in regards to people with such little experience with them. I can tell you that much.
good question if you were hypotheticaly just born alone ina forrest how would fe play a role ,im sure fe would somehow still play a role,

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
good question if you were hypotheticaly just born alone ina forrest how would fe play a role ,im sure fe would somehow still play a role,
I'd feel the mood of the forest, vibes of plants happily growing, vibes of animals happily grazing, fierce vibes of predators, scared vibes of prey, harmonies and disharmonies. Fe, in my experience, doesn't require people or even living beings. Maybe this is approaching the occult; but I can walk into a room devoid of people and feel the room's "emotions" and maybe its past. Yes, thank you, my strait-jacket should be size Tall, 42 chest, no perfumes or dyes please.

·
Registered
10,454 Posts
Well, I could see myself talking to myself just so I didn't feel so locked up in my head and to prove to myself that I'm alive, I'm real and I exist. But I'll even do that now where I'll talk to a mirror as if I'm explaining something to another person because it helps me to see my feelings externalized in a tangible way. I often don't feel very grounded to reality and can feel distant if I don't express myself in some form. It also helps me have compassion for myself when I see my facial expressions manifested and to remember - I am human too. It's like viewing myself as another person. That's what helps me have compassion for myself. But that's just me.

Other than that, I might make an imaginary friend like Wilson in Castaway :p lol but I dunno. It would be nice to make some animal friends like some Disney princess lol. I love animals. I have two in my lap right now :)

·
Banned
5,331 Posts
F in general is how I make decisions.

The way this would 'play a role' in my thinking, if I were to live alone in a forest - is simple - I would make decisions, as I generally do, according to likes/dislikes, opinions, values, my own moral compass, beliefs etc - with nobody to converse with, these decisions would be entirely mine to make.

An example of this might be to imagine I need to gather some wood for a fire - I might decide, purely via my own F, that I don't want to cut down a certain tree - because I like it. It's not a logical reason to spare the tree, but it's the right one (for me) - and so, I would cut down a different tree.

When it comes to sourcing food - I might decide, due to F, not to kill a certain kind of animal, because I like them - and so, I would avoid them - maybe scare them away - but I'd hunt down something else and kill that instead.
This might even go the other way, I might, due to an F decision, prefer to hunt down a specific kind of animal for dinner, because I don't like them.
F can be very spiteful.

It's a decision making process that (amongst numerous other things) revolves around making decisions based on likes and dislikes, rather than what the logical choice is - moral rights and wrongs, as opposed to 'realistic' rights and wrongs, perhaps.

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
Well... it’s the desision making process. If you removed an INFJ from people the Fe would be harder to spot but you’d still see it when it came time for them to make decisions that could impact people or society. If your looking for what their thinking is like when they don’t make decisions just read up about Ni and Ti. This gives you a rough idea of what’s up.

·
Banned
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
F in general is how I make decisions.

The way this would 'play a role' in my thinking, if I were to live alone in a forest - is simple - I would make decisions, as I generally do, according to likes/dislikes, opinions, values, my own moral compass, beliefs etc - with nobody to converse with, these decisions would be entirely mine to make.

An example of this might be to imagine I need to gather some wood for a fire - I might decide, purely via my own F, that I don't want to cut down a certain tree - because I like it. It's not a logical reason to spare the tree, but it's the right one (for me) - and so, I would cut down a different tree.

When it comes to sourcing food - I might decide, due to F, not to kill a certain kind of animal, because I like them - and so, I would avoid them - maybe scare them away - but I'd hunt down something else and kill that instead.
This might even go the other way, I might, due to an F decision, prefer to hunt down a specific kind of animal for dinner, because I don't like them.
F can be very spiteful.

It's a decision making process that (amongst numerous other things) revolves around making decisions based on likes and dislikes, rather than what the logical choice is - moral rights and wrongs, as opposed to 'realistic' rights and wrongs, perhaps.
nice thiis gave much clarity

1 - 10 of 10 Posts