Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems like this forum seems to be populated mostly by younger people, college age and younger I would say. But I could be wrong. It would be interesting to see what age group dominates. I'm particularly interested to find out how many over 30's are there? I'm 34 and feel a little bit out of place at times, although rune a couple others are obviously older.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I am age 34. I was born in Fryslân but was brought to America when I was young. I lived with my grandparents and was home schooled. I did not have many of the same kind of younger experiences as the ones who went to regular high school. So some things I look at differently.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wish I had been homeschooled. I hated school. I tried to homeschool my kids, but they mostly hated it. By third grade my oldest was in school. We'll probably homeschool for highschool though.

I like your perspective Lor, shows how homeschooling encourages individuality.

Reactions: Runescribe

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
It seems like this forum seems to be populated mostly by younger people, college age and younger I would say. But I could be wrong. It would be interesting to see what age group dominates. I'm particularly interested to find out how many over 30's are there? I'm 34 and feel a little bit out of place at times, although rune a couple others are obviously older.

You are not alone. I am 41.

·
Registered
442 Posts
There was a poll awhile back about ages - the vast majority here at that time were 25 or under. Only a few past 30.

I'm a handful of months from 40, myself. In my opinion, the INFJ becomes a different creature after the midlife crisis, and we start to develop Ti and Se more. But I wish that somewhere like here existed when I was growing up - just knowing that there are other people like you can make such a difference.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Not sure if it is a good or bad thing to pass 30, but I just turned 30 this year. :tongue:

·
Super Moderator
11,229 Posts
Dare I tell? Oh what the heck...49. I was wondering something of the same soul searcher. This feeling of being older than most that I have thus seen so far has made me a bit timid. I want to reach out & share my experience with the younger ones without intimidating them. I don't want to be a mother figure, yet I absolutely love(d) being a mom & now grandmother! :wink:

·
Registered
619 Posts
I'm actually glad to see posters above the age of 30. Really, any age higher than mine. I see you guys' maturity and experience reflect on your posts, and the diversity of age is always a nice thing to know. I learn from people my age, but I think it's best to learn from my elders.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I was mentioned before - but yes I'm 41. Now my lovely wife I'm not going to tell her age :)
Great picture of you and your wife Rune. Reminds me of why we are INFJs. Thanks for sharing!

I'm actually glad to see posters above the age of 30. Really, any age higher than mine. I see you guys' maturity and experience reflect on your posts, and the diversity of age is always a nice thing to know. I learn from people my age, but I think it's best to learn from my elders.
To learn from your elders eh....thanks, I always knew the day would come when I would be referred to as an elder. Since it is here, I can look forward to the day when I am the ancient one or a museum exhibit haha! :tongue:

But I'm kidding, when you reach my age you will know how I feel haha! :crazy:

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
I'm 23 and my birthday is towards the end of the year =)

·
Registered
428 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
42 for me

I agree with previous comments INFJiness does get better with age. Once you become more comfortable in your own skin and more confident in your own abilities. I found experience gave me lot of that.

1 - 20 of 105 Posts