Personality Cafe banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! :)

I'm in grade 12 and I am in a group in english class with 3 other guys. We have to write a parody for the book Hamlet.
My group wants to make the parody a WESTERN :( And they want to have show downs and guns and all of that... To me, this is the cheesiest, most child-like, WORST IDEA EVER!

I was wondering if you could PLEASE write down your idea(s) for how we could parody Hamlet in a very creative way.

Just to make sure you know what I'm talking about - Some people are making Hamlet into a talk show, others are making it into Star Wars, others Oprah... (I'm not really into any of those)

Please help me think of of an imaginative way to parody Hamlet. Please. I am running out of time.

I AM VERY VERY DESPERATE!

·
Registered
852 Posts
Emo Hamlet! NIN tshirt, black eyeliner, combat boots. Claudius can be the evil stepfather investment banker who wants him to clean his room and join the football team. He offed Hamlet's dad because he and Gertrude had been high school sweethearts before she left for college and met Hamlet's dad. Gertrude is addicted to Percocet and has no idea what's going on. Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are members of the Future Business Leaders of America and Claudius' sons from a previous marriage. Ophelia is a cutter and the only one who understands Hamlet's pain, but she has serious unresolved issues.

·
Banned
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Emo Hamlet! NIN tshirt, black eyeliner, combat boots. Claudius can be the evil stepfather investment banker who wants him to clean his room and join the football team. He offed Hamlet's dad because he and Gertrude had been high school sweethearts before she left for college and met Hamlet's dad. Gertrude is addicted to Percocet and has no idea what's going on. Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are members of the Future Business Leaders of America and Claudius' sons from a previous marriage. Ophelia is a cutter and the only one who understands Hamlet's pain, but she has serious unresolved issues.
Haha! "Ophelia is a cutter and the only who understands Hamlet's pain"
Your idea is fabulous!

I just had the idea to make it a parody of prom, since prom is coming up very soon at my high school and lots of people have been talking about it. The fact that proms have kings and queens is very fitting!

Thank you so much though - Wonderful wonderful idea!

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Western? You know a crappy guns and Shakespeare idea was done with Romeo + Juliet.

Ugh. What a terrible...terrible....

Reactions: Carbodarah

·
Registered
4,038 Posts
has terry pratchett written a hamlet parody? it's called "wyrd sisters". sorry, this is not creative... ;)

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
I'd make it really campy and throw in as many Big Lebowski references as possible. Although the whole idea of turning Hamlet into yet another adaptation sounds really boring to me altogether.

I'd most likely just let the other three pick out how to do it and just make sure my ideas added something new.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.