Personality Cafe banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think the reason I was confusing myself with an E for so long, is that I get so bored being stuck at home in the same environment day after day. INFJ's love to observe and take in new information, but that's so hard to do in one's inner world...So I think INFJ's tend to surround themselves with their outer world much more than other I types, because it's the only way for us to take in new information.
I've been thinking over what vocalist had wrote. This sounds true for me. Also, I read an article online about INFJ writers. Here it is, incase anyone is interested:

The INFJ Writing Personality: Eloquent Vision Andrea J. Wenger: Write*with*Personality

I have written stories before- both for classes in college and also when I've been by myself. When I was a small child, I wrote "books" using construction paper. Everything this article says about the INFJ's writing style is 100% true for me. I've tried to write stuff that has a "message" in it, and I've had to stop myself in recent years from using too much symbolism and not enough action to appeal to most people.

I am pretty sure about the Ni. I've wondered about the F and T. I don't have a big problem with trying to think objectivley in situations where it would benift me. I really don't think it's possible to be completley objective, however, and when other people are in pain or hurting- I'm subjective, and I'm fine with that and don't think it's "irrational". I also think moral nhilism is a cop-out to dealing with things that are perceived "right" or "wrong", and I don't think people are stupid for believing in "justice". It doesn't matter if morality is intrinsic or constructed to me- neither would make it "bad".

And I do not go around hugging people, and I don't really like to say "I love you" all the time to my family members, because I feel like they should know that without me having to tell them everyday, and I frequently have other things on my mind. I would say it if there was a death in the family or something like that, but if it is just an ordinary day, I probably won't. (NOTE: I have fantasized about saying it to a significant other, and I actually *think* I would say it a lot if I had a girlfriend/wife, but I've never had one.) :sad:

Also, with the J, I know it's a stereotype, but I am NOT (externally) organized. My room can often be a mess, but it's mostly because I have other things on my mind, and I just don't concentrate on it. However, there is a part of me that feels like I *should* clean-up more often. It's just hard for me to get in the habbit. Internally speaking, however, I analyze information and form opinions. I have heard that J and P is what you extrovert, and that there is no such thing as Ji and Pe, etc. I do try to be punctual- for whatever it's worth.

I appreciate anyone who has taken the time to read this. I might just change my "Unknown Personality" status to INFJ according to how this thread goes.

·
Banned
3,849 Posts
Sounds like you are attracted to concepts and that you have spent some time thinking about human condition, so likely to be INFJ indeed. I dunno if it has been just my perception but I have noted that male INFJs tend to be more slanted towards their T-side and as such their Ti often makes an appearance. The combination of Ni-Ti form sort of an intuitive philosopher personality in them.

The J ... I think correlation of the J to the cleanliness of the environment around you is a bit of a narrow understanding of its function. It is like saying that all extraverts like going out and partying with other people, while extraversion is a broader concept than that. So in any case my room is pretty messy too, mainly because I feel that there are more interesting things to spend time on than cleaning and ordering stuff around. And also I have noted that entropy always, always takes over so restoring order is like a neverending battle where you have to conserve your forces. Thus I try to do strategic cleaning that would last long term so to say lol - try to clean things that can remain clean for weeks and months and ignore stuff that gets disordered quickly, like my desk for example :crazy:

·
Registered
294 Posts
And I do not go around hugging people, and I don't really like to say "I love you" all the time to my family members, because I feel like they should know that without me having to tell them everyday, and I frequently have other things on my mind. I would say it if there was a death in the family or something like that, but if it is just an ordinary day, I probably won't. (NOTE: I have fantasized about saying it to a significant other, and I actually *think* I would say it a lot if I had a girlfriend/wife, but I've never had one.) :sad:
I was like you as a kid and as a youth. But when I met my husband, I became very affectionate and he and I say "I love you" to each other an to our kids all the time. I never really knew what I was missing when I was younger, but now that I know, I really want to give my kids more physical affection and verbal affirmation than I ever got from my own parents (not that I didn't know they loved me, they just rarely said it out loud).

·
Banned
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thakns, the more I read about INFJs the more convinced I am. I've been questioning my sanity since I was a small child, and I couldn't make sense out of myself for too many years. I seem reserved to people who comunicate with me, but I'm really not. Internally, my mind is a free spirit. It's just contained within me.

In all honesty, introverted or not, I am interested in other people. I think about what goes on in people's heads a lot, which I've been told is a bad thing, because I am "worrying about what others think". Actually, it seems like I feel like I KNOW what others are thinking, and I have many times voiced my disagreements with what I think they are thinking, which I probably shouldn't do. lol

After doing more research, it sounds like INFJ is actually a pretty good personality to have. I have come to the realization that I am mostly a "philosophical humanitarian". I would like to find a way to use the stuff that is inside my head to help other people. Maybe that is why I put symbolic messages for people to consider in the stroies I write. I just wish more people actually LIKED to think and could interpret it; that would probably help the cause. I'm going to start trying to simplify things.

Thanks again to the people who have communicated with me on this site. I think I'm going to get off of the site for a while and try to find a way to do something more with my life. :happy:

·
Registered
604 Posts
It took me a while to settle on it too. Looking back I wonder why. Perhaps because I didn't have the forums to put me in touch with so many kindred spirits. There are many here - welcome.

·
Banned
1 Posts
Thanks, dsv2e, for posting the link to my blog. I'm glad you found it useful. You definitely sound like an INFJ to me. INFJs tend to be driven to organize their internal world more than their external world, because that's where their primary focus is.

INFJs don't care much about conforming to other people's expectations, but they're genuinely interested in understanding people. People are like a puzzle for them to solve. That tendency to think you know what other people are thinking can be problematic, though. INFJs are generally pretty good at this, but if you're wrong, it can cause problems in relationships. So as you say, it's best not to argue with someone about what they're thinking and just take their word for it. :happy:

·
Banned
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, dsv2e, for posting the link to my blog. I'm glad you found it useful. You definitely sound like an INFJ to me. INFJs tend to be driven to organize their internal world more than their external world, because that's where their primary focus is.

INFJs don't care much about conforming to other people's expectations, but they're genuinely interested in understanding people. People are like a puzzle for them to solve. That tendency to think you know what other people are thinking can be problematic, though. INFJs are generally pretty good at this, but if you're wrong, it can cause problems in relationships. So as you say, it's best not to argue with someone about what they're thinking and just take their word for it. :happy:
Read some of my other posts. I have come a LONG WAY since I wrote that post.

I GET IT! I am free from my shell, except for the fact that I want to help other troubled INFJs soooo bad that I can hardly get off of this forum.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts