Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, I'm an INFJ. Don't get me wrong. I love ENTPs! But, Don't you think you mesh better with other types?

How many of you actually feel an actual magnetic attraction to ENTPs? How many of you have been left by ENTPs?

I'm asking this question, because I realized lately as an INFJ, I really value communication with people; I mean I want someone to answer my messages and return wall posts. love me or hate me, but I get angry if they don't and logically I think there is something wrong.

I read a book about type relationships and data shows that one of the best relationships are between two INFJs. They both work hard to communicate and further the relationship. It is one of the most strong and lasting relationships. ENTPs and INFJs really didn't match up as much.

So, I am concluding that I like ENTPs better as friends! How about you?

·
Registered
298 Posts
it all depends on the person. you have to take type-matching with a grain of salt. so many factors other than E/I, N/S, F/T, and J/P.

·
Registered
396 Posts
A test can't nail down EXACTLY who one is and what they want from others/life. Personally I do not have much experience with ENTP's, but I find myself more drawn to INTJ's, probably because my brother is one (at least I'm 90% sure lol).

·
Banned
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
To be blunt... why does it matter?

If you don't like 'em, don't date 'em.

It's not like these theories of compatibility are banishing you to relationship doom if you don't date your "natural partner".
wow. feisty. lol. But I just wanted to put it out there for discussion. I do not hate ENTPs! But, it is written in text that they are a match up and I wanted to see how many people disagree or what thoughts are out there! :) Thanks for your response.

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
wow. feisty. lol. But I just wanted to put it out there for discussion. I do not hate ENTPs! But, it is written in text that they are a match up and I wanted to see how many people disagree or what thoughts are out there! :) Thanks for your response.
Not trying to be feisty-- just was a bit concerned that the thread title said you were upset about it. :tongue:

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
Are there INFJs who are actually upset that ENTPs are listed as their "natural partner"?

I take the typology matching with a HUGE grain of salt...and I don't have the energy or training to go around trying to type everyone I meet.

Bottom line: Two healthy personalities of ANY type can enjoy a healthy relationship.

·
Banned
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Are there INFJs who are actually upset that ENTPs are listed as their "natural partner"?

I take the typology matching with a HUGE grain of salt...and I don't have the energy or training to go around trying to type everyone I meet.

Bottom line: Two healthy personalities of ANY type can enjoy a healthy relationship.
Very well said. I also enjoy literature by the way :) Have you read Pride and Prejudice?

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
I dont know why they are. I have a close ENTP friend and he is great to hang around. As for a relationship thing i have no clue. I much like most give nothing to the merits since it is pretty much function matching so it forgets the human equation.

edit
i also have let go of typology in my life. I only use it as a self help tool this days in a limited fashion. I no longer use it in for as relationships and day to day life problems. I am myself first and the letters are not who i am or anyone is. Its useful but doesnt create a true understanding of who everyone is.

·
Banned
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If I knew how to edit this post, I would change upset to "in disagreement" haha, so pretend it says INFJs in disagreement with ENTP being their natural partner?

·
Registered
873 Posts
INFJ/INFP - INFJ - tribe.net

First 2 paragraphs is an opinion of the ENTP-INFJ. After that, talks about INFP/INFJ as one of the great ones. The best part of the article is the comment section. In summary, and in my REALLY honest opinion and daydream, INFJ/INFP are natural partners for each other. "Natural" - speak each other's language (mixture of Romance and Our-Future-Together), know the exact formula to make each other feel special & happy, and offset each other's weakness with our strengths.

If there is ever such thing as an INFP/INFJ divorce, then either the Devil has done its job or at least one of them is literally insane.

Case solved :)

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Hm...actually not sure I know any. Does sound like my ex boyfriend a bit, so maybe he was. I don't know, he was very cuddly with everyone, there was no "professional side" like the profile I just read suggests. His sides were "charming", "annoying" and "eccentric". Everyone loved him immediately because he was ridiculously charming. I was bored with this within five minutes of meeting him though, he seemed so normal and plain, so I asked him some questions to see if he had an eccentric side and it was a huge (his eccentric side, that is :blush:). But no one knew how eccentric he was because he didn't have anyone he could use it around. He was secretly extremely eccentric. Which attracted me to him. He also had no respect for rues though. Things like stealing, cheating - all fair game. He didn't want to cheat himself, and I don't think he ever would, he loves very very passionately and obsessively, but he doesn't see why others shouldn't if they want to.

If he was one then the problem I had was just the competitive arguing, fun at first but he never gave it a rest, and the total dislike for the idea of being tied down to anything. This just made me feel insecure. Other than that, he did make me very happy. So I would go out with someone like him again. It was circumstances that split us up in the end but I don't really miss him. I don't tend to once people are gone. I'm not sure he was an ENTP, though. There was certainly a large part of him in the profile I just read but I haven't done enough reading on it.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I'm dating an ENTP, and our communication within the four months we've been dating has been better than the communication I had with my INFJ ex of 2.5 years. He is refreshingly blunt and honest, plus he's hilarious and brings out my playful side. Is it the best match? No idea, but I'm loving it so far. :)

·
Registered
571 Posts
I have to agree INFJ + INFJ = awesome.

- Force each other to communicate via voice, not just via master power of psychic telepathy!
- Never ever hit below the belt with feeler strike!
- Give each other alone time. It could even mean going to the movies, she goes to see the chick flick and he goes to see the sci-fi!
(or vice versa :))

·
Banned
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

- Force each other to communicate via voice, not just via master power of psychic telepathy!
- Give each other alone time. It could even mean going to the movies, she goes to see the chick flick and he goes to see the sci-fi!

Lol. I thought I was the only one for a second!

·
Registered
2,610 Posts

Agreed. I'm quite enjoying my INFJ + INFJ relationship. We fight fair, and we communicate quite well. :happy:

I dated an E before...and he never understood that need for "alone time." He thought I was upset, or going distant, or shutting him out. Every time I tried to explain that I was fine and simply needed time to recharge, he didn't believe me...he was convinced I was angry with him. Needy extroverts - never again.

Nowadays, my boyfriend will sometimes text me and say, "Hey, I think I need to just relax tonight...I'll call you tomorrow" and I don't take it personally, and take advantage of the quiet time. And vice-versa. Even when we're in the same house, one of us will do something in one room, the other will be in another room, and in an hour or so we reconvene and we're both quite refreshed.

·
Registered
571 Posts
That's exactly how I envision it @LiteratureNerd ! That's how it works pretty much with my ISFJ wife. Even though it's one letter, the 'S' does make a substantially different personality, but alone time is a must for both of us. I also agree with you on the I+I. No neediness at all.

INFJ+ISFJ turns out to be pretty compatible also. Definitely no NF telepathy going on though. This bit can be trouble sometimes:

ISFJs have a very clear idea of the way things should be, which they strive to attain. They value security and kindness, and respect traditions and laws. They tend to believe that existing systems are there because they work. Therefore, they're not likely to buy into doing things in a new way, unless they're shown in a concrete way why its better than the established method.

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
I don't know if we have a lot of NF telepathy going on, but there are certain things he seems to read and understand about me without me really having to explain it to him. If he doesn't know, he just asks, and expects the same from me.

I have to say that I've usually had the hardest time communicating my feelings to significant others in the past. I was horrible at it. But with him, I'm pretty good at it. I have NO idea what it is that makes it so much easier - maybe it's because he asks insightful questions to help me put things into words, or because I feel "safe" from being judged for it. Some people you just "click" with, and everything falls into place...others, you don't, I suppose.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts