Personality Cafe banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm curious because I think I've gotten to know more of INFP philosophies rather than INFJ philosophies.

One of mine is;

''Intellectual laziness is not being able to consider that other people have different upbringing, different experiences, different preferences, different modes of communication, different inner expressions, different interests and different applications of logic to yours.''

·
Registered
12 Posts
As much as possible, I try to live in the moment. It frees me from guilt and regret about the past which I cannot change. It frees me of worry about what may be or what may not be.

·
Banned
5,026 Posts
Jesus Christ, how many threads are you creating passive-aggressively using that phrase??

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Jesus Christ, how many threads are you creating passive-aggressively using that phrase??

+1.

i was just thinking the SAME thing. cause i totally sensed that there was something passive aggressive going on with this thread. though im not sure if i missed something after not being on PerC almost all day. this is just the gut feeling i get.

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lirulin, you misunderstand what I was doing but it's my fault anyway...sorry.. here *token of apology*

·
Banned
5,026 Posts
It wasn't just a misunderstanding, but I hate drama so I suppose I'll ignore the connotations of the word. Besides, it's bedtime. *eats chocolate*

·
Registered
127 Posts
Mine?

Life your life according to how you want to live it. - Be bound not by rules, but by reason.

If something is wrong, speak up. Otherwise you shall never be happy.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Thanks for posting your thoughts Izzie. I liked your first post about considering the differences in others. MBTI has helped me a lot in that regard. I believe it's everyones responsibility to try to translate between types and although not everyone understands the differences or wants to translate it's still my responsibility

·
Registered
802 Posts
My worldview is influenced by my faith. I believe there's the ideal - the "right" or "good" answer, the solution that brings about perfection. But I also believe that we don't live in an ideal world. When we start looking at good and evil, everything becomes so complex. Good intentions, no matter how good, usually have both good and bad effects. Sometimes really good things can come from really bad intentions. The two are so interwoven. So I try to reflect before I act. Instead of asking, "Is this right?" I asked, "Will this hurt someone?" The ideal doesn't exist in the world I live in. However, I strive for that ideal with the consciousness that things will get messy regardless.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Exec #1: Item six on the agenda: "The Meaning of Life." Now uh, Harry, you've had some thoughts on this.

Exec #2: Yeah, I've had a team working on this over the past few weeks, and what we've come up with can be reduced to two fundamental concepts. One: People aren't wearing enough hats. Two: Matter is energy. In the universe there are many energy fields which we cannot normally perceive. Some energies have a spiritual source which act upon a person's soul. However, this "soul" does not exist ab initio as orthodox Christianity teaches; it has to be brought into existence by a process of guided self-observation. However, this is rarely achieved owing to man's unique ability to be distracted from spiritual matters by everyday trivia.

Exec #3: What was that about hats again?

Exec #2: Oh, Uh... people aren't wearing enough.

Exec #1: Is this true?

Mony Python (The Meaning of Life), 1983

This is a pretty fine example for how I view the rest of the world.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I try not to have a philosophy when it comes to people. There are simply too many of them to make broad generalizations or set ways of thinking about them. However, I try to treat life like a game. A game with strategy, rules, loopholes, and rewards that progresses towards a final end that is vary rarely ever truly known. In this game there are times to conquer, love, destroy, create, cry, yell, make friends, make enemies, explore, make mistakes, be alone, be lonely, fight, lose, win, and a myriad of other sensations, actions, and duties. Because really to me, without personalized structure, life is meaningless, nothing. Setting personal objectives and enjoying beauty keeps me sane.
I take away a lot from the Tao te Ching:

“Knowing others is intelligence; knowing yourself is true wisdom. Mastering others is strength; mastering yourself is true power. If you realize that you have enough, you are truly rich.”

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
I understand that I see the world in a completely different facet than most people. My entire life I always assumed I was an odd breed (I only found out about Carl Jung this last year). I have stuck to the belief that 99% of people are stupid. MBTI helped reinforce this. lol just kidding. But seriously, I used to think that everyone's brain worked the same way (the way we take in information and reflect on it) so I was always confused how some people would take something completely different away from a situation than I would. I would think "How moronic. You aren't even worthy of being human." Understanding different personality types has helped me to be more humble and realize not everyone is wired the same way. Having said all that, here is my philosophy on life: Don't expect others to see things your way, but never try to fit into someone else's mold. Be yourself, ESPECIALLY when it seems scary. This is how you build confidence. Also, don't try too hard to change people. It's better to be a living example than to cram it down their throats. This is something that I used to struggle with.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
I follow pretty much what I've seen in Zeitgeist (and with my own eyes). Mind you, I'm not really into a one-world government idea.

I see under the modern conventions of society and, while most times I play by the rules, I break them too. But you know, it's only illegal if you get caught, right? ;)

I don't really care for governments or politics or anything of that nature. The world I see is just a big wide playground for me to carry out adventures in.

My first goal is to become famous. I'm going to break through the lameass workaday drivel and make a ton of money doing (almost) nothing at all. After that? Who knows! Wheeee~

1 - 17 of 17 Posts