Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 141 Posts

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
- People who make an emotional fuss about things that are stupid things to make a fuss over about (drama queens).
- People who take no accountability for their actions and themselves and expect other people to take care of things for them.
- Narrow-minded people who refuse to accept any other input for really stupid reasons. I'm going to tie moral objectivity into this. For the most part, people who use morals as pure logic really makes me want to punch walls. "Why are you vegetarian?" "It's wrong to eat animals." "Why?" "Because it is!" :dry:
- When I heat up a plate of Pizza Rolls, get halfway through and bite down on one to find out it's cold. Bitch-ass microwave, how about you heat the ones in the middle too?! I was thoroughly enjoying my Pizza Rolls!!

In general, stupid, incompetent, and lazy people. Though I can't gander to think who wouldn't be aggravated by that. I am generally aggravated by a lot of things.

·
Registered
544 Posts
People who seem to constantly act/speak without thinking and don't appear to learn from their errors in doing so.

When someone digs themselves into a hole because they ignored something important...and they look at me like it's my job to save them...then have the nerve to get upset when I cannot (due to legal reasons or outside of my abilities) and completely ignore the fact that I feel awful because I cannot do anything. Don't I get a "Well, thanks for trying."?

Actually, general ungratefulness for my efforts to assist other people--which often involve going above and beyond what is essentially required of me--really ticks me off. I don't ask for much. Just recognition that they see that I care about their fate.

When people don't think about the consequences of their actions in the long-term. (This is different from knowing the consequences and not caring. This is genuinely being surprised and upset when something bad happens...and the evidence was RIGHT THERE to tell you exactly what was going to happen.)

People who react is a very big, emotional, loud, and melodramatic manner...to everything. I have a hard time being around these people as I end up reacting right along with them and constantly running to their aid because I think something is wrong.

When my computer doesn't work and I don't understand why. D:

·
Registered
3,876 Posts
Misinformation.. Opinions are not objective fact.
It's like the possibility that someone might be wrong completely escapes them. They argue and their argument consists of "because" as their best retort.
Even in the face of hard factual evidence they resist and claim the evidence is planted or skewed.

Secondly.. People who project their emotional reaction onto you.. The truth hurts.. "You are so mean" is all they can say.

3rdly.. The world owes nobody anything.. Stop being so fucking miserable about what you don't have.. You selfish fucks.. be grateful for what you do have. Life is so much easier that way.

and Finally.. No matter how beautiful, intelligent, talented and awesome you are.. Someone is always going to be better than you.
We are not equal.. Stop telling people they have to under perform so you can sleep better at night..

That is all.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Wow a lot of you get ticked off with the behaviours of others, eh?

People don't tend to aggravate me much. I can tolerate a lot of BS, walk away, and continue on with my day unaffected. The only time I really get bugged by others is when after I have asked them to leave me alone for awhile they continue to seek me out.

My pet peeves:
* the phone ringing when I sit down to eat.
* the phone ringing, period.
* going into the library after having found the perfect book in the online library catalogue only to find it not on the shelf.

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
People who are instantly dismissive of others, for whatever reason.

Someone has to have a finely honed sense of superiority to do this and on any level, that is not a good thing

·
Registered
3,876 Posts

People don't tend to aggravate me much. I can tolerate a lot of BS, walk away, and continue on with my day unaffected. The only time I really get bugged by others is when after I have asked them to leave me alone for awhile they continue to seek me out.

My pet peeves:
* going into the library after having found the perfect book in the online library catalogue only to find it not on the shelf.
LOL.. Silly.. It's an NF subforum.. NFs are focused on human relations.. They rationalize using subjective criteria. Of course people are what's going to piss them off.. What value is there in getting upset over objects and physical situations?.. Those are just facts of life.. But people are complex, puzzling, fascinatingly irritating creatures who present by far the most variables to work with it comes to pet peeves.. They are a virtual gold mine source for pet peeves ..

And.... If you think about it.. What's behind that phone ringing or that book not being updated in that online catalog? It's peeeeeople!!!! *Done in Charlton Heston voice*

·
Registered
57 Posts
People are complex, puzzling and fascinating but that is exactly why there is no reason to get irritated by them. Studying people is by far my favourite pastime. I get great satisfaction out of weaving together the array of intricacies on the spectrum of human minds. Believe me. I suppose because of the amount of time I spend puzzling over people, analysing them and trying to understand them on a deeper level, I rarely get bothered by their idiosyncrasies. When people do certain things that I may not entirely agree with, I am usually intuitively aware of why they have just behaved that way. I don't hold their behavioural patterns against them. I learn from their behavioural patterns. I watch, I absorb, I gather data and then I move away to process it in a place where I can remain impartial. If I am honest, the only time I get aggravated with people to the point where I feel like I might lose my shit is when they are unfairly judgemental to the point of narrow-mindedness. Usually I am able to feel out why they are behaving in such a manner which in turn stops me from reacting negatively to them. How can anyone judge another person's behaviour when they can understand the root cause of that person's behaviour? Once you understand the cause of the behaviour, dealing with the effect comes easily through empathy. I'm able to empathise with the person even though I may completely disagree with the way they're behaving.

·
Registered
585 Posts

My pet peeves:
I find the last to be especially annoying. I will look around the entire shelf hoping in vain that someone has just put it down somewhere.

·
Registered
229 Posts
- going to grab a water from the little vendor place at my school, feels cold... buy it... open it, drink it and it's warm. -_-
- people chewing like a maniac deranged cow. xD
- computer randomly shutting down after a hard days work and no saving. You'd think i'd learn the first couple of times.
- potholes filled with temporary crap that sticks to it and only makes the road worse because they're all too stinking lazy to fix the darn road.

- loud, obnoxious, highly irritating, stupid, and annoying people. *huff*

- i'm sure i have more... but I have to get to school. XD

- When I heat up a plate of Pizza Rolls, get halfway through and bite down on one to find out it's cold. Bitch-ass microwave, how about you heat the ones in the middle too?! I was thoroughly enjoying my Pizza Rolls!!
oh my gosh yesssssss. That's the worst.

Reactions: Zech

·
Registered
970 Posts
People are complex, puzzling and fascinating but that is exactly why there is no reason to get irritated by them. Studying people is by far my favourite pastime. I get great satisfaction out of weaving together the array of intricacies on the spectrum of human minds. Believe me. I suppose because of the amount of time I spend puzzling over people, analysing them and trying to understand them on a deeper level, I rarely get bothered by their idiosyncrasies. When people do certain things that I may not entirely agree with, I am usually intuitively aware of why they have just behaved that way. I don't hold their behavioural patterns against them. I learn from their behavioural patterns. I watch, I absorb, I gather data and then I move away to process it in a place where I can remain impartial. If I am honest, the only time I get aggravated with people to the point where I feel like I might lose my shit is when they are unfairly judgemental to the point of narrow-mindedness. Usually I am able to feel out why they are behaving in such a manner which in turn stops me from reacting negatively to them. How can anyone judge another person's behaviour when they can understand the root cause of that person's behaviour? Once you understand the cause of the behaviour, dealing with the effect comes easily through empathy. I'm able to empathise with the person even though I may completely disagree with the way they're behaving.
IDK if you're an INFJ or not...
But if you were/[are] you'd/[you'll] understand that people treat us very badly... All the time... For no particular reason...
"No good deed goes unpunished" is a fitting phrase for the INFJ.
People that we give our trust to tend to stab us with it.
I have no faith in the human race (anymore).
With the rare exception of people I can see are special and pure.
People are interesting... And complex in their best moments of humanity...
But, in our darkest moments, we tend to be sadly simple.
We INFJs walk into a room and can see the 9 out of 10 moments being had that are dark - even if hidden under a mask.
And we go towards the 1 that isn't, and our faith is restored for a minute.
(Dang, I'm poetic! LOL!)
But trust me, as much as this protects us... I wish everyone had your faith in humanity for 10 seconds.
Then, right or wrong, we'd all be a lot happier for those 10 seconds.

·
Registered
57 Posts
LOL.. Silly.. It's an NF subforum.. NFs are focused on human relations.. They rationalize using subjective criteria. Of course people are what's going to piss them off.. What value is there in getting upset over objects and physical situations?.. Those are just facts of life.. But people are complex, puzzling, fascinatingly irritating creatures who present by far the most variables to work with it comes to pet peeves.. They are a virtual gold mine source for pet peeves ..

And.... If you think about it.. What's behind that phone ringing or that book not being updated in that online catalog? It's peeeeeople!!!! *Done in Charlton Heston voice*
I don't blame the person for ringing the phone because how were they to know that I didn't want to take a phone call? I blame the incessant noise.

The fact that the book was not on the shelf annoys me to no end because it happens to me all the time but how do I know where to place the blame when that happens? I'm not going to single out the librarian because she/he might have updated the catalogue but then someone might have waltzed into the library and stolen the book. Who knows? There are too many variables. I will tell you this though, if I did find out that it was the librarian who was to blame, I would confront her about it to find out why she was not doing her job properly. I wouldn't write about it in a pet peeve thread. I would try to understand the librarian's mistake and then deal with it accordingly.

·
Registered
970 Posts
- People who make an emotional fuss about things that are stupid things to make a fuss over about (drama queens).
- People who take no accountability for their actions and themselves and expect other people to take care of things for them.
- Narrow-minded people who refuse to accept any other input for really stupid reasons. I'm going to tie moral objectivity into this. For the most part, people who use morals as pure logic really makes me want to punch walls. "Why are you vegetarian?" "It's wrong to eat animals." "Why?" "Because it is!" :dry:

In general, stupid, incompetent, and lazy people. Though I can't gander to think who wouldn't be aggravated by that. I am generally aggravated by a lot of things.
I hate it when I microwave an egg-roll and once I bite into it, it erupts with molten oil in such force not seen since Krakatoa. Scalding me and everyone in the room. The hospital bills that follow an egg roll is just about as unpleasant. Lol.

·
Registered
970 Posts
I have paid to take an MBTI test and was labelled INFJ. Every time I have taken the online tests my results have idicated INFJ. I hate labels, though.
Ah, well...
You live up to your User Name then, taking the award for happiest INFJ on Earth.

Good for you... :dry:
Lol, jk - forgive my cynical emoticon. :laughing:

·
Registered
277 Posts
- When my dad opens a new jug of milk and leaves the lil twisty thing from the cap on the counter when the trash can is like two feet away omg r u serious.

- When my friend sweeps food crumbs onto the floor, as if the fact that they are now on the carpet instead of the table is somehow any better.

- When my friend flops the fuck around on my bed, sliding the mattress all over the place and making my sheets messy as hell.

- ...DISORDER >__<

I hate to nag people so if someone does something I dislike I'll tell them once or twice but they usually don't care, and after that I don't really bother. Sometimes though when I have a really strong urge to express my irritation I'll like, start singing a song about it:

Pleeeease keep messin' up muh bed
By the end of this night, you'll be dead
Pleeeease keep wrinklin' mah sheets
I'll gag you with the cotton
I'll strangle you with fleece

:D

1 - 20 of 141 Posts