Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sorry if there's already been a question like this one, but I'm curious to know. I listen to a lot of bands that hardly anyone has even heard of, and their not typical main stream music...I was curious to know if any of you do too. Some of my favorites:

The Radio Dept.
Royksopp
The xx
Modest Mouse
Matt and Kim
Band of Horses
The Pixies

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
List:
Emenim
Paramore
Maria Mena
Alicia Keys
Boys like girls
Ben Harper
Brandi Carlile
Coldplay
Citizen Cope
Creed
Flyleaf
Glee remakes
Atreyu

I like most of anything.
All the way to pointlessly upbeat to depressing music.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Lately, I've preferred silence...

·
Registered
802 Posts
I love stuff from the 90's, like the Gin Blossoms, Goo Goo Dolls, Matchbox Twenty, etc. I also enjoy classical and jazz, some Blue Grass, and most folk music. Then I also love stuff like Loreena McKinnet. I feel I'm all over the place with my musical interests. Pretty much the only music I can definitively say I dislike is hip hop and screamo.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I love stuff from the 90's, like the Gin Blossoms, Goo Goo Dolls, Matchbox Twenty, etc. I also enjoy classical and jazz, some Blue Grass, and most folk music. Then I also love stuff like Loreena McKinnet. I feel I'm all over the place with my musical interests. Pretty much the only music I can definitively say I dislike is hip hop and screamo.
Yeah, I love classical and jazz too, and I'd have to agree on the screamo. :dry:

Reactions: silverlined

·
Banned
162 Posts
used to get stoned a lot to modest mouse. i could never really stand listening to the radio.

currently listening to:
sylvester anfang
aqua nebula oscillator
autechre
clark
crystal castles
ellen allien
fever ray
fugazi
joy division

·
Registered
543 Posts
If i hear a song, and i like it or feel drawn to it..i listen to it.
i don't care about 'genre'

So yeah in the past 30mins, i've listened to 'Christian', reggae, jazz and now pop (Madonna)

·
Registered
473 Posts
I feel I'm all over the place with my musical interests. Pretty much the only music I can definitively say I dislike is hip hop and screamo.
Same here. I tend to be more into indie music than pop, although I like pretty much anything that stirs me up inside. I love opera, symphony, jazz, blue grass (The Wailin' Jenny's are so good), folk, and celtic as well as all kinds of rock.

Some of the ones already mentioned above that I like are:

Band of Horses
Modest Mouse
Brandi Carlile
Coldplay
Alicia Keys

I'm really into this new band now called Local Natives, can't get enough of them. A few off the top of my head that have been favorites:

Sufjan Stevens
Iron and Wine
Thomas Dybdhal
Ane Brun
Jeff Buckley
Pete Yorn
Patty Griffin

Favorite oldies:

Joni Mitchell (love her, never get tired of it)
Paul Simon
Crosby Stills and Nash
Neil Young
James Taylor
Jackson Brown

·
Registered
473 Posts
Some of my favorite bands:
The Decemberists
The Eels
The Hush Sound
Spoon
The Pixies
Phantom Planet
Saves the Day
Gomez
Wilco
I love Wilco and The Decemberists! Favorite Wilco song: Muzzle of Bees

·
Registered
279 Posts
Classic Rock:
AC/DC
The Eagles
Journey
Rolling Stones
Van Halen
Queen

Modern Rock:
Foo Fighters
Muse
Oasis
Green Day
Bad Religion
Godsmack
Disturbed
Incubus
Tool/A Perfect Circle
Phoenix
Stone Temple Pilots

Electronica:
Daft Punk
The Crystal Method
Deadmau5
Kaskade
Benny Benassi
Wolfgang Gartner

·
Registered
395 Posts
All classical.
Rachmaninoff, Scriabin, Cui, Chopin, Liszt, Mozart....Bach, Beethoven, Hummel... ohh, too many to list.

I can listen to anything, but it doesn't mean much to me...
and to vocalist... music is everywhere. So you like...or dislike the sound of life.

BUUUT-
World Friendship Inferno
Pinkly Smooth
At the Drive in
The Mars Volta

·
Registered
294 Posts
and to vocalist... music is everywhere. So you like...or dislike the sound of life.
Truth is, a moment of silence here and there is all the time I get lately to tune in to myself, iykwim. Why would I shatter my precious silence with music blaring on the stereo? Though, I do put on the occasional CD for my kids to dance to; they like that. And I play the piano, and sing, so I guess that counts...

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
I listen to all kinds of music, the only genre i cant listen to is metal... :frustrating:

·
Registered
304 Posts
A few all time favourites and a few favourites of this week:

• Paramore
  • Within Temptation
  • Coldplay
  • Bombay Bicycle Club
  • Sia
  • Nightwish
  • Iron and Wine
  • Muse
  • Arcade Fire
  • Stone Sour
Yeah I love a bit of "No Cars Go" :proud:. I'm also loving the new Eclipse soundtrack, which I have on in my car a lot. Mostly rock, indie, folky pop and metal anyways.

I have a Last.fm below but haven't scrobbled my iPod in a while, so it only has stuff I've listened to via the computer.

·
Registered
713 Posts
I'm mostly into Classical and Jazz.

For Classical I love the early 20th century stuff and the Romantic era...I like it all for the most part but those are my favorite time periods. I especially have an affinity for French and Russian Classical Music. (Prokofiev and Poulenc are my favorites)

My favorite jazz genre is Bebop. I'm more into the uptempo exciting kinds of jazz but still pretty open minded.

I dabble around with other types of music and out of those seem to prefer Indie/Alternative stuff.

I like:
Muse
A Fine Frenzy
Rachael Yamagata
Vienna Teng
Fiona Apple

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Audioslave at one point in my life.
Disturbed at another.
Staind at another.
Modest mouse sometimes.
Staind when I was younger.
A few songs by a ton of other artists.

I am extremely random with what I listen to. I listen to specific songs more so then artists themselves.

Except for Jack Johnson and the above mentioned. Jack Johnson is by far my most favorite to date. It fits so well with the stage of life I am in currently. It is great music to just turn on and let play and not have to skip to find a song I like. Very calm music but it has a lot of meaning and depth to it. Then other songs are just about not getting out of bed and making Banana Pancakes. Sometimes I think that he is actually an INFJ.

·
Registered
473 Posts
A Fine Frenzy
Rachael Yamagata
Vienna Teng
Fiona Apple
I reallly like all of these. I'm going to check out Muse, as so many of you have mentioned them. It's so strange to find that we all like such similar music. I seriously can't find anyone around here who even knows about these artists.

Reactions: silverlined
1 - 20 of 40 Posts