Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
So far, ENTP type seemed to be most compatible with me from our social interactions. But I haven't met other INFJs, and I still have the feeling another INFJ would be the one to make most happy because I find most of the people are so different from me, and I would rather choose someone similar to me than someone with somehow complementary characteristics.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Man, this is a tough question. Am I supposed to know what type of woman would be best for me? :X

I don't see eye-to-eye with most Ps, and I don't think the P women I have known would be able to keep up with me on a romantic level. Just don't seem as deep or serious as I think I would like. The Ps I've known might be able to keep me more light-hearted and less serious, but I can't survive on dessert alone.

Women that are very E are often too E for me. I don't know that I could hang with someone who always had to be out with friends and interacting with people to be happy. I'm pretty damn I, so I "vamp out" a lot from get-togethers. A friend's wife made fun of me for it just the other day. :)
A slightly E woman might be ok. Maybe a slightly E ENFJ woman. But my mother is a slightly E ENFJ, and although I love her dearly, she is not my ideal mate. I would drive an ENFJ mad with frustration (which can be really fun). At least they still love you later though. :p
Most of me not being on the outside has often caused problems communicating with Es.

N is pretty important to me, I think. Although I don't know how many S types I have known well.

I get along well with Ts. But they think I'm a little off and I can't really explain anything to them. I'm horrible with translating thoughts into words.

I think an INFJ woman would be best. Although, there are problems with that too. One problem with an INFJ woman would be us getting too wrapped up in each other and neglecting the outside world. But no matter the problems, if it were a well developed INFJ woman, then it would be badass. Then again, maybe a double INFJ relationship is selfish and just isn't meant to be.

That is what I think I want, but when you are with someone you love things can change.
Who knows what I need. -_-

·
Registered
294 Posts
I have an INTP and we want to spend the rest of our lives together. I can hardly imagine myself being more attracted to someone's personality than I am to his. Most of the time. If he just had more confidence in himself and didn't put himself down so much, I really would have no complaints :D I mean, there have certainly been times when our personalities have clashed in other ways, but nothing that can't be worked out and overcome-- like, I used to get frustrated because he didn't pick up on my subtle hints that I wanted him to do xyz, until I realized that if I just came right out and stated what I wanted from him, he was more than happy to oblige.

He does get lost in his own head a lot, which sometimes frustrates me, but what can I expect from a fellow N? After all, I do the same thing, so it's really hypocritical of me to think that I should get away with escape while expecting my husband to stay in the real world. So, now we flip-flop, and occasionally overlap into fantasyland together, and then we come out of it and face the world full-on for a few days until it's safe to retreat again.

·
Banned
3,725 Posts
I've noticed that I get along very well with INTP's and ENFJ's. Although both are very different, I share many things with them that I'm absolutely attracted to.

I like with INTP's how they are very easy to read in that you don't have to guess if they are feeling/thinking differently than what they outwardly seem to appear. Basically, what you see is what you get.

I like ENFJ's way of making me feel special and having a great sense of responsibility and duty. I can always rely on them for many things and they complement with me really well because they're usually the ones that are talking all the time and I can just listen to them.

Of course, there are always exceptions to this since I've been in relationships with an INFP and INFJ and both worked well-ish but maybe it was because they were very mature.

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
ENTPs just get to me in some way. I've found that I'm normally attracted to SPs for some reason (probably because of the adventurous, spontaneous, unpredictable charm) but then whenever I date one I end up disappointed because they fail to understand my depth. Then I meet an ENTP and its like.... WOAH - somebody who is about equally as crazy as an SP, but has the same depth as me and possesses the same quirky humor that I like?! The idea is just too good to be true!!

·
Banned
1,794 Posts
I’ve never had a boyfriend and I’m pretty new to this ‘personality type’ stuff so I can’t say for sure what type I would be compatible with. However…

One of my closest friends is an ESTJ. I don't know if we get along because we have so much in common or because of our personality types.

Even though he is very confident (and some people think he is arrogant) he is very kind and generous towards me and especially his family. He is very encouraging and supportive as a friend.

When I am with him he is able to draw me out of myself and although he talks like he knows it all and can be quick to 'correct' people this doesn't upset me because I find it rather amusing. He is one of the only people that I feel on the same level of intelligence with. I feel that I can say what I am thinking without upsetting him, which is a breath of fresh air because I'm so careful about not offending people!

He is also very sociable. He helped me move house a while back and he, myself and my family went to the pub for a break and whenever it was his turn to buy drinks he’d end up taking ages because he started a conversation with the locals. I admired him for that because my family have a tendency to be very private so it felt good that at least one of us introduced ourselves! Even if he wasn’t technically family!

We don’t get to see each other much (he is my older brother’s best friend and they both live 200 miles away). We mostly communicate via the Internet. It would be interesting to see what our friendship would be like if we saw a lot more of each other. I wonder if we would eventually get on each other’s nerves?

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
INFP, ENFP, maybe INTJ or a well-adjusted, mature INFJ. I have a hard time getting along with most SJs for more than a short period of time, so it would not likely be one of those. But really, I think that personal compatibility comes down to more than just type, there are so many other factors like personal habits, attitude, energy-level, and ability to learn and improve as a person.

·
Registered
836 Posts
an NT type, or another INFJ.

P's, while fun, are typically very flightly. ExxP's in particular. You can't really tell if you are an important connection to them, or if you are just the flavor of the week. Mature P's, or ENTP's seem fine.

also i typically don't like S's. Not due to any real reason, but i just want us to click on some level that im not sure exists to them. its like we operate on different planes.

im pretty open to anyone though. I think mostly they would have to be an NT or NF type though - for long term compatibility.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I feel most compatible with? There are some:proud:

ESFP, ESFJ, ENFJ, INFP and my species! The INFJ!
I have an INTJ friend, but she doesn't open up to me much. Although she's a very good friend:happy: I guess a bit of some INTJs too.

Reactions: emerald sea

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
I married an ESTJ, and that has worked out great.
So much depends on the individual that it is really difficult to generalize the way we are doing here. When I generalize I usually mean that it applies to "most" but of course, every type has good qualities and dedication to making a relationship work out is not the exclusive preserve of any type.

I'm glad it has worked out for you, and I am also curious as to how you two have made it work for you. Did it "just happen" naturally (which I doubt) or did you have to work at it? What compromises or adjustments have you had to make?

1 - 20 of 83 Posts