Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
I don't know any INFJ's. Although I had seen a post by one and her goal in life was 'to love and be loved in return'
I love the peacefulness, simplicity and harmony in that idea. I would assume: if that is in the INFJ's nature. they would have to be the sweetest type alive

·
Registered
767 Posts
Just tell me what you think of us INFJs. XD
My best friend is an ISTJ.
Is there anything that you particularly like about us? I love her and want to know more, that's all.

Thanks.
I really like the fact that INFJ's care so much about others. I wish I knew a little bit more about them, but the only one I knew has been really distant.

·
Registered
166 Posts
My INFJ friend is a very caring and compassionate individual, with a mean artistic side. Hands down she is one of the sweetest and most genuine people I know. Now, there are times when we drive each other crazy, times when she goes for an emotional appeal and I want the facts. Ha! However, I've learned a lot from her over the years.

·
MOTM May 2011
14,041 Posts
Interesting and insightful. Reserved and hard to get inside their head.

·
Banned
1,970 Posts
I don't believe I know any INFJs irl, but from visiting their subforum, they appear to be a thoughtful and introspective bunch, oh....and mysterious.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't believe I know any INFJs irl, but from visiting their subforum, they appear to be a thoughtful and introspective bunch, oh....and mysterious.
Truth is we aren't mysterious it's just...our thought process encourages us to approach things in a way that would appear mysterious to others because they obviously can't tell what's going on in our introspective minds.

·
Registered
864 Posts
I can honestly say, I wish I had positive interactions with ISTJs throughout my life. My father was ISTJ and the relationship was extremely toxic. Any time I tried to get him to understand anything that was going on in my 'mysterious' mind, he just shot me down as being crazy. And I was trying to rip through his mind to get through to him what I thought were simple concepts. XD

·
Registered
148 Posts
I can honestly say, I wish I had positive interactions with ISTJs throughout my life. My father was ISTJ and the relationship was extremely toxic. Any time I tried to get him to understand anything that was going on in my 'mysterious' mind, he just shot me down as being crazy. And I was trying to rip through his mind to get through to him what I thought were simple concepts. XD
ISTJs tend to get a horrible rap as parents, I notice :/ I like to think we younger 'uns are more likeable, since we tend to be less uptight/inflexible (at least for the more balanced ones).

INFJs...don't know many, but those that I do know have given me a pretty positive impression. Smart, sensitive and pleasant to talk to :)

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ISTJs tend to get a horrible rap as parents, I notice :/ I like to think we younger 'uns are more likeable, since we tend to be less uptight/inflexible (at least for the more balanced ones).

INFJs...don't know many, but those that I do know have given me a pretty positive impression. Smart, sensitive and pleasant to talk to :)
Aww, don't say that I'm sure there are lovely ISTJs out there, I admire so many which is why I started this thread.

·
Banned
5,433 Posts
I adore INFJs, I was friends with two irl, they're so lovable. They're like warm blankets and hot chocolate to me, haha. I love discussing abstract philosophies and the like.. I am SO ISTJ though, anything intimate with them is impossible for me to sustain because we live in completely separate realities. To be in their world is to be in their world, to be in mine is to be in the world as it is seen by most, the apparent reality that most of us wake up to, work in, etc. I get sick of this world, INFJs remind me to delve deeper, really take a long drink.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I adore INFJs, I was friends with two irl, they're so lovable. They're like warm blankets and hot chocolate to me, haha. I love discussing abstract philosophies and the like.. I am SO ISTJ though, anything intimate with them is impossible for me to sustain because we live in completely separate realities. To be in their world is to be in their world, to be in mine is to be in the world as it is seen by most, the apparent reality that most of us wake up to, work in, etc. I get sick of this world, INFJs remind me to delve deeper, really take a long drink.
Yes, I prize what INFJs are capable of too.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
@LilyAskar hey so are you an infj or an intj?

One of my best friends and another cool friend of mine are INFJs. We are so cool. We get along pretty well. I have to agree that you guys do have a mysterious aura. Intelligent, loves to give advice, passionate about humanity-You stand up for what you believe in. And easily jealous haha:tongue:

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
@LilyAskar hey so are you an infj or an intj?

One of my best friends and another cool friend of mine are INFJs. We are so cool. We get along pretty well. I have to agree that you guys do have a mysterious aura. Intelligent, loves to give advice, passionate about humanity-You stand up for what you believe in. And easily jealous haha:tongue:
I'm really not sure!!!! I eas beginning to think I was an INTJ just not and than you just mention all this that sounds like me!

·
Registered
606 Posts
Just tell me what you think of us INFJs. XD
My best friend is an ISTJ.
Is there anything that you particularly like about us? I love her and want to know more, that's all.

Thanks.
My tutor is an INFJ. He's very intelligent, he knows a lot about almost anything, and he's really interested in lots of subject areas, especially areas he values, like the environment. He seems to be able to facilitate our group flawlessly. He's always in control, but fun most of the time, serious when needs be. He knows how to see and bring out the best in people which I really admire. He's very caring. He usually draws information out of me and praises me for knowledge I didn't even know I had. He always tries to understand where people are at and to go from there. He's a bit hyper enthusiastic about teaching and I really enjoy that aspect of his nature. He's honest, but only in a way that's going to be helpful for the other person (I struggle with this, so it's an area I can learn from him how to do better in - I am too honest, brutally at times and can hurt people). It's never about him or his problems. If he's having a bad day, you'll know, but he'll never lose his temper or get upset or take it out on others.

Great tutor. Really, can't fault him.

As a friend, probably couldn't see myself being friends with an INFJ. They're just way too different. Although, I think every INFJ and every ISTJ would be different so I could see it working. They would just both have to be very understanding - especially the INFJ (what they are, in general!)

·
Registered
3,304 Posts
Wait, I'm confused. The OP titles the thread "INFJs" and in the opening post employs first-person-plural language to ask that we ISTJs state what we like about INFJs. But OP is an INTJ.

Shall I answer to the call of the question, or take the initiative and replace "INFJ" with "INTJ?"

Sergeant Buzz Killington reporting for duty.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Wait, I'm confused. The OP titles the thread "INFJs" and in the opening post employs first-person-plural language to ask that we ISTJs state what we like about INFJs. But OP is an INTJ.

Shall I answer to the call of the question, or take the initiative and replace "INFJ" with "INTJ?"

Sergeant Buzz Killington reporting for duty.
LOL,
no, no. It's a recent change to my status. I'm still trying to determine which of the two I am. Maybe hearing your opinions on INFJs (what I initially decided on) will help sway me to the right side. I assure you I "was" an INFJ when I created the thread. Consider me an INFJ.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts