Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
now that ive got your attention... :p
haha just thought I would do an intro post. I discovered MBTI a month or so ago and was amazed at how accurate the INFP type was for me. At first I was in denial that i might be an ENFP (partly because "champion" sounds more epic to me than "healer"..) . I'm still trying to wrap my head around all the types. (i dont yet understand the individual sensor types so much) Regardless of my inadequate understanding of MBTI tho, I definitely have become addicted to trying to 'type' every person I meet. :p

anyways, just a few things about me:

-22 y/o canadian boy

-together w/ my siblings, we represent all the 4 NF types(!)

-when I'm around my ENFP sibling I swear I basically turn into an ENFP! doesnt happen with my INFJ or ENFJ siblings strangely enough..

-if you met me when I was studying, working on school I would probably come across as an INTP :0

-just finished an architecture undergrad, am glad to say that architecture school is filled with quite a few NFs (alongside alot of NTs and SPs.) we seem to fare just as well as our peers, but we generally seem to have more trouble than the other types when communicating our ideas in presentations.

-I am incredibly comfortable around other NFs, around the other 3 groups I tend to have to use our (supposedly more advanced) emotional intelligence, and tend to try to tailor the conversation to things that won't bore them (my feelings, kooky thoughts, etc.)

-like alot of INFPs (NFs?) I love learning languages; am working on korean, japanese now..

I'm sure I could write a bunch more but I dont want to make like a stereotypical INFP and just bore you w/ all the details of my life :p anyways nice to meet yall

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Welcome to the forum and it's good to have another Canadian on here ;)

Reactions: Father of Dragons

·
Registered
72 Posts
This is a random part to just pick out from your introduction, but I have an ENFP brother too and I swear it's the same....when we're together we might as well be the same person! he draws out all the bubbly excitement and enthusiasm that I usually express in less impressive ways, and we just have a blast. Also probably unintentionally scare a lot of people who don't know us well! Anyways, I thought your remark was interesting since I don't have the same dynamic with my other non-ENFP brothers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts