Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Possibly me. I've gotten 6w5, 5w4 and 9w1. So far, I feel the descriptions of 5w4 'match' my being INFP better than 6w5.

Reactions: white-knuckle

·
Registered
595 Posts
hi :) I think I am but I might not be.
How do you think your INFP traits match with your Enneagram 6w5?

Umm, I'm pretty detached, I stay in my room most of the time away from everything. It is so hard for me to meet new people but I get on with most of the people I do meet and I just try and stay away from the people I don't get on with.

Sometimes I am skeptical whether people like me, because everyone seems so nice to each others faces but people talk behind people backs, I wouldn't say anything bad I wouldn't to the persons face. I would take a bullet for any of my friends without thought.

I don't trust people greatly but I do stuff as if I did trust them, hoping they won't screw me over, but as long as they don't give me a reason not to trust them I will trust them more as the closer we get I suppose.

I like to just think deeply sometimes, just about my life or how the world works while laying in bed at night.
I wouldn't say I dislike the world, I just see it all as a bit pointless, probably why I'm not bothered about going to university and just want to be free to do what I please.

I want to make myself stronger. Partly to take away fears so I can enjoy the world but mostly just to be better than I am now. I am determined to better myself and can force myself to want to.

I think a lot that people are trying to manipulate me, which is why I sometimes hate people telling me their views on life like I am wrong for thinking differently, even if they aren't directly talking to me.

Also I think about a lot of external threats in the environment and I think that things will go wrong, though everything usually works out fine.

I try and dress casual, I don't want to draw a lot of attention, I have a t-shirt that says 'I am awesome' but I have only wore it once.

I am usually alone, even in a group, I keep a lot of my opinions to myself and I am happy not to be the center of attention. I do however need people to talk to, usually its 1 to 1 or in a small group of close friends where I am more comfortable to talk and joke, if I haven't talked for awhile though and then I want to I will just continue to be quiet if I feel left out, but if not then I will talk and I can change mood quite easily.

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
When I first took the enneagram test on PerC I got a Type 6 (6w7). At the time I did not identify with it because I though it was a little neurotic and since most INFPs here identify with type 4 I decided to identify myself as a Type 4 as well. I took the test right now and I got Type 6 (6w7) again and now I feel that I do relate with the traits. I do identify myself as a Responsible, Cautious and Skeptical person and I do admit that I am an anxious person but instead of running away from the problem I confront it. I think is possible for me to be a Type 6 but I still need to read other online sources, books and make other quizzes to be sure of this.

You are a Type 6 with a 7 wing: "The Loyal Friend"

Your tritype is 6w7, 4w5, 1w9.

In enneagram theory, you have one type for how you relate to the world (either 8, 9, or 1), one type for how you think (5, 6, 7) and one type for how you see yourself (2, 3, 4.) Your tri-type contains one number from each of these triads. They are listed in the order of how strongly they present in your personality.

Your core type (your strongest type) is Type 6 with a 7 wing: Type Six individuals are reliable, committed, and security-oriented. They are natural troubleshooters, and are always aware of potential problems. This makes the Type Six anxious, but the anxiety fuels them to resolve their problems. They can range from loyal to rebellious, depending on where they get their security from – if the security is from within, they can be very defiant… if it comes from others, they can be very cooperative and devoted. When a Type Six is in a growth state, they become calm like a Type Nine. When they are stressed, they can become arrogant like an unhealthy Type Three. You are a Type Six with a Seven wing, which means that the committed nature of the Six combines with the outgoing nature of the Seven to create a very engaging personality.

Your second type (your next strongest type) is Type 4 with a 5 wing: Type Four individuals are intensely emotionally aware, and often retreat to their rich inner world of concepts and ideas. They are the most artistic type in the Enneagram and driven to create their own, unique identity. Type Fours value authenticity highly and express themselves whenever they can. They are one of the most individualistic types in the Enneagram. Type Fours, when in a state of growth, become principled like Type Ones. When stressed, Type Fours can become clingy like an unhealthy Type Two. You are a Type Four with a Five wing, which means that the individualist nature of a Four combines with the cerebral nature of a Five to make you one of the most creative types in the Enneagram.

Your third type (the least-used of the three) is Type 1 with a 9 wing: Type One individuals have a very finely tuned sense of right and wrong, and they chart the course of their lives by following a righteous path. This doesn’t have to be religious… it can be any set of principles that the Type One finds ethical. Ones are perfectionists, often setting high standards for themselves and others. Type One may very well be the most noble type in the Enneagram. When a Type One is in a state of growth, they become excited and joyous like a Seven. When a Type One is stressed, they become emotional and overwhelmed like an unhealthy Type 4. You are a Type One with a Nine wing, which means that the righteous traits of a Type One combine with the peaceful nature of the Type Nine to create a very idealistic personality.

Some words that describe you: principled, moralistic, perfectionist, self-critical, creative, unique, authentic, emotional, loyal, reliable, anxious, skeptical.

Your Quiz Results!

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
All different enneagram tests that I took, and descriptions I read led me to believe that my enneagram is 6w5.

I would not find it strange in an INFP personality type since there is an avoidance of conflict, and as is said in one of the amethyst butterfly's posted links "Have a "tip of the iceberg" quality - they show little but you sense hidden dimensions, intensity and activity" except sometimes on this forum. I feel that an INFP type tends to have that characteristic in them. Very much loyalist in relationships of any kind (a lot of the INFPs type are) , even when it is detrimental to me. I have keen sense of something going wrong - vigilance and can "smell" and predict things that are not going as I wish. If I choose to ignore this sense of mine, I know I will not be correct in my prediction.
A doubter in the nature who doubts myself more than I do others - for example if I doubt that somebody who is showing me that are not good for my own well-being are not as bad as they show it to me - I am usually wrong. First time when they show you who they are - trust that. I am a troubleshooter big time - had enough of practice (one has to be to conquer one's fears).

Also, there is a problem when sixes do not apply Fi when needed (internal feeling versus what others might think is too important), but also then to over-think based on their internal viewpoints (too much Fi), or do not trust their Si or overuse their Si (what happened in the past will continue to happen - anxiety causing, or why I am not cautious when same thing continues to happen and I did not learn my lesson). I think that six INFP can go overboard with Ne - too many possibilities too little time - too much hyperbolas, ramblings, doubts.

The words above such as "principled, moralistic, perfectionist, self-critical, creative, unique, authentic, emotional, loyal, reliable, anxious, skeptical" very much could be applied to a lot of INFPs what is seems when I read their posts (perhaps from a viewpoint of a six), but not in such intensity, or in such quantity as in sixes (except authentic and unique in 4s). What is quite confusing and tension causing in six enneagram INFPs is P part - sixes could be very committed whey they work on something, very-hardworking, and responsible; however, there is a tension between P that wants to relax and go with the flow, that hates routines, and scheduled obligations (I have to be there instead I would like to go there when I feel like it) and sixes sense of obligation toward others. This creates anxiety in sixes among other things. Sixes like independence and at the same time they like to help others (troubleshoot), which is kind of contradictory to others, but not to them. They want freedom, but they fear it in the absolute terms (they need to feel free and secure in body and mind, spirit and soul) because they feel if they do not have something to hold on they will feel lost. I am more phobic but could be counterphobic six - do not have a trust in institutions and organizations, and even those that I trust, it is not an absolute, but relative trust, I tend to see through the screen they put on, and relativity in everything. One thing though, I am skeptical to some things - those that limit thinking, spirituality, and horizons; consequently, I am not your typical 6 skeptic, but very open-minded to things that some people would dismiss easily because they are no limits to discovery of new things and to knowledge (science, universe, spiritual things). What happened so far in science and spiritual development, and what we think we know is just the beginning of what are we capable of understanding (That is INFP to my six that overcomes it).

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
I read the six profile and here is my thoughts on the six. I have been typed as a 6w7 wing and a 7w6 wing at some point during my Ennengram experience and I am more confused as ever about the process. I have also been typed as some variation of a 2, 1, 9, 3, 4 and 5 as well when you include each type with wings in my tri-type and I still don't feel I am all that closer to finding out my true type.

Here is my thoughts on how I relate to the 6 profile as an INFP. This was based on a profile I read online about Ennegram profiles that can be found here.

http://typewatchenneagram.blogspot.in/2011/06/typewatch-enneagram-type-descriptions.html

Sixes: I definitely see the world as a changing place, but not necessarily a bad or evil one. It seems like 6's see possibilities as a bad thing and I see them as a positive occurrence that can offer diversity and energy. I love honesty and hate lies I see those similarities in myself. Generally I just don't see the world as a negative place that can hurt me although that can happen. I am strongly entangled in relationships and friendships though. They are what I value most. I am loyal and I due view betrayal as one of the worst things someone can do to me because I value my friends and my inner circle. I don't feel as concrete as them though. I am not that strong about rules or plans. But I do think I am attracted to power in some way. I want power but I feel it's just instinctive not something I seek out and cognitively think about. I am very hard on myself and I have a love/hate relationship with criticism because I hate being seen as flawed, but I know I need to change/better myself so I can be a better person. It's just hard because I don't like feeling flawed.

I don't believe I am as heavily focused on the who, what, where, when, how and why? Although in situations I will ask for clarification so I can understand motives and the impact of a situation.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Yeah, there's a few 6w5 around. There was another thread in the past on the INFP forum about this subject.

Also, there is a problem when sixes do not apply Fi when needed (internal feeling versus what others might think is too important), but also then to over-think based on their internal viewpoints (too much Fi), or do not trust their Si or overuse their Si (what happened in the past will continue to happen - anxiety causing, or why I am not cautious when same thing continues to happen and I did not learn my lesson). I think that six INFP can go overboard with Ne - too many possibilities too little time - too much hyperbolas, ramblings, doubts.
Yeah I finally took a test and I scored highest on Ne, then NI, then Fi, then Fe. Man, just intuition and emotions as the highest preferences. No wonders I can ping-pong out into the nethers so much. lol

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
Reactions: amethyst_butterfly

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Yes. I can relate to this as well. Despite being an INFP I seem to be strong on the Judging function as well. Every time I test myself the J and P percents are close to one another. I sometimes have typed as an INFJ but I identify with INFP better. What you said pretty much explains why I sometimes have wondered whether I am an INFJ. Type 6 seem to have a huge sense of responsibility.
I do experience conflict at work when I do WANT to be responsible and wish I could relax and takes thing easy. My job is "very routine" and "scheduled" so sometimes I feel tired but I push myself to finish the work on time.

Another thing I agree with is the need of security. I am always seeking security. Being in a insecure job or relationship drives me insane. I dumped my ex because he did not gave me any financial security but is something anyone would have done but every time I though about our future my anxiety was too extreme. I also feel anxiety about the instability of my current job, but I have learned to accept that the economy is though these days.

I also seek security in my family reason why is hard to move to the U.S where I can find a better job because I fear of losing my only support group.

I am skeptical with almost everyone. I am always asking myself what are their motives, intentions, what do they want from me, are they going to take advantage of me? I have issues trusting people despite that it may not look that way.

I also have a thing for conspiracy theories and literature that questions the true intentions and hidden agendas of the government. There are some theories which are B.S but I like to research about these things. I like to question authority.

What is quite confusing and tension causing in six enneagram INFPs is P part - sixes could be very committed whey they work on something, very-hardworking, and responsible; however, there is a tension between P that wants to relax and go with the flow, that hates routines, and scheduled obligations (I have to be there instead I would like to go there when I feel like it) and sixes sense of obligation toward others. This creates anxiety in sixes among other things. Sixes like independence and at the same time they like to help others (troubleshoot), which is kind of contradictory to others, but not to them. They want freedom, but they fear it in the absolute terms (they need to feel free and secure in body and mind, spirit and soul) because they feel if they do not have something to hold on they will feel lost. I am more phobic but could be counterphobic six - do not have a trust in institutions and organizations, and even those that I trust, it is not an absolute, but relative trust, I tend to see through the screen they put on, and relativity in everything. One thing though, I am skeptical to some things - those that limit thinking, spirituality, and horizons; consequently, I am not your typical 6 skeptic, but very open-minded to things that some people would dismiss easily because they are no limits to discovery of new things and to knowledge (science, universe, spiritual things). What happened so far in science and spiritual development, and what we think we know is just the beginning of what are we capable of understanding (That is INFP to my six that overcomes it).

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
UFF this is so me.

They have a heightened awareness of catastrophic scenarios and worry the rug will be pulled out from underneath them when they see bad things happen to innocent people. Heaven forbid any of these things should happen to their loved ones. They have little faith things will work out on their own and are natural "what's plan B" people. They feel compelled to anticipate and figure out how to cope with potential problems as they know what could happen if they don't.

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
All I can say is that I am getting convinced that I am a 6w7.....but I am still a little skeptical (j/k). It's not easy being a 6 let me tell ya, but we are special and unique.

Some info I found

six with seven wing

six with five wing

type six

Type 6 Enneagram Type Description |9types.com

The Questioner (the Six)

Questioners are responsible, trustworthy, and value loyalty to family, friends, groups, and causes. Their personalities range broadly from reserved and timid to outspoken and confrontative.

How to Get Along with Me

Be direct and clear.
Listen to me carefully.
Don't judge me for my anxiety.
Work things through with me.
Reassure me that everything is OK between us.
Laugh and make jokes with me.
Gently push me toward new experiences.
Try not to overreact to my overreacting.

What I Like About Being a Six

being committed and faithful to family and friends
being responsible and hardworking
being compassionate toward others
having intellect and wit
being a nonconformist
confronting danger bravely
being direct and assertive
What's Hard About Being a Six

the constant push and pull involved in trying to make up my mind
procrastinating because of fear of failure; having little confidence in myself
fearing being abandoned or taken advantage of
exhausting myself by worrying and scanning for danger
wishing I had a rule book at work so I could do everything right
being too critical of myself when I haven't lived up to my expectations

Sixes as Children Often

are friendly, likable, and dependable, and/or sarcastic, bossy, and stubborn
are anxious and hypervigilant; anticipate danger
form a team of "us against them" with a best friend or parent
look to groups or authorities to protect them and/or question authority and rebel
are neglected or abused, come from unpredictable or alcoholic families, and/or take on the fearfulness of an overly anxious parent
Sixes as Parents

are often loving, nurturing, and have a strong sense of duty
are sometimes reluctant to give their children independence
worry more than most that their children will get hurt
sometimes have trouble saying no and setting boundaries
Renee Baron & Elizabeth Wagele

The Enneagram Made Easy
Discover the 9 Types of People
HarperSanFrancisco, 1994, 161 pages

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
UFF this is so me.

They have a heightened awareness of catastrophic scenarios and worry the rug will be pulled out from underneath them when they see bad things happen to innocent people. Heaven forbid any of these things should happen to their loved ones. They have little faith things will work out on their own and are natural "what's plan B" people. They feel compelled to anticipate and figure out how to cope with potential problems as they know what could happen if they don't.
I had a feeling you were a six, but I did not want to impede on your sense of who you feel you are. I know that a 4 is there in your tritype as well. I was surprised when you put in your personality icon a 4 as the primary type. I do not know your history and other circumstances in your life which led you to be a six - I think it is a rather environmental development with slighter less important genetic predisposition (e.g. my mother has propensity toward existential anxiety as well as father but they are not sixes).

I am plan B person as well, but also there is a faith that plan A might work as well especially when things are going well in general. This comes from believing in a higher being than me. I think is needed for sixes to have faith or belief in something or someone. Otherwise I would not try different things due to fear that they might not work although truly they did not sometimes, but at least I tried. When I am separated from my faith - I have greater difficulty dealing with anxiety causing situations.

I think I am a six due to coming "from unpredictable or alcoholic family, and/or take on the fearfulness of an overly anxious parent" as one of your articles stated and due to rarely finding a security in any job I had as well as town I lived (except for very short periods of time in my life when I felt free completely from any danger emotional of physical). I only feel secure (forget my problems and anxiety) in natural environments - there I feel at home and not anxious, but everything else is too artificial for any human let alone sixes wellbeing.

There are many things I had to fight in my life where ambiguity played a great part (a childhood filled with fear, an insecurity of a war, difficulties with jobs - being overqualified or just a strange immigrant with a funny accent, even when you are hardworking one when others did not like competition put me at risk of being a target; an anxiety of not being able to pay my bills due to losing a job -e.g. a manager [and almost every of them was] is an unpredictable and wishy-washy person; or I often had to choose between me being sane and not a terribly anxious person and a job - due to other employees being terrible to me (conflict avoidant when necessary to react and stand your ground - or even when I did stand my ground - this would not bring an expected result - often due to being a replaceable employee, and a jerk employee being needed one - after all we are just dollar numbers - a capital for selling and buying in some organizations).

Being an INFP and a shy one at that as well as reserved looking, it rarely helped me to gain support from anyone - and I never kiss anyone's behind for my own sake, nor do I pretend to like someone when I do not, or form coalitions [this is not true for me from the article below - forming coalitions] - my compliments are only genuine ones whether I am wrong in my impressions (still a bit naive in that) or not, and no matter whether person is my friend or a stranger. Also, as an immigrant - I always feel there is often a degree of uncertainty- do they dislike me just on this basis? (And they often did not like me just because - forming an opinion of you without even knowing you) - I live in a very conservative city. Not listening to my sense of "something is not right" always put me at risk (Ne induced possibilities cause doubts - what if I am not right at this first impression of mine, what if this, what if that).

It is not hard now to see why a six is a plan B person. I also understand why you need to feel to stay in your family home due to need of emotional and material support. This economic situation does not help either. Same for me. What is worth of my degree, when there are no jobs? I am sometimes a parent and a child to my parents. Rich fight for their own interests and for the rest of us they do not care. I am just surprised how many people do not understand that politicians do not fight for the middle class and poor, but for the rich and rich only (aka multinational and other capital producing organizations). Such amount of denial and catastrophic and purposeful disinformation of the masses through various means including using religion and using generational differences (young vs. baby boomers who lived in different circumstances) is amazing to me.
Very good book below you showed - how to get along with sixes and other things. I do not fear of being abandoned anymore since I am used to in by now. I just do not like it and who does (an empathic person will not do that nor mature one without a great reason) especially from people whom you consider your friends. But that is life.

Sorry for the long post amethyst and others who stumble upon this rambling of mine, I had to let this of my chest.

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
I took the Ennegram test last year and got Type 6 but I had poor knowledge about how the ennegram worked, and I am still learning. I though that all INFPs had to be Type 4, I didn't knew that any MB personality type could have any number of the ennegram. And perhaps I was in self-denial and the descriptions of this type reflect someone who I do not wish to be but I am. My worst weakness is anxiety. It can be my friend and enemy at the same time. I really don't know the circumstances that lead me to become a 6 but it was not because I was neglected and abused. I did not grew up with alcoholic parents but in certain circumstances they have been fearful and overly anxious parents. Perhaps other circumstances affected me as well but I don't remember.

I have always had a Plan B in my entire life. I have always though of the possibility that Plan A may fail, but there are times when I leave things for the last minute and I have nothing planned, after all I am a idealist that is why I have Type 4 as my second. Another thing I though about was my faith. I trust God as a way of leaving my anxieties to him, but lately I have forgotten about him. Sometimes I think that problems will not disappear magically by doing this but I do think that I should restore my faith like it was before. I was a very spiritual person but things have changed a bit. I also do yoga and exercise as a way to cope with anxiety. I read self-help books so I can understand myself better and improve my weakness. I also write as a way to vent. After all this is the purpose of the MBTI and the ennegram, learn your weakness so you can improve them. I also have to fill myself with self-confidence and get rid of negative energy so that I can start the day right.

I have to have a lot of self-control to deal with life everyday.

Yes, I do remember you. We had a conversation in the stream of conscious thread about the back luck we have experienced finding a good job, dealing with difficult co-workers etc. We could relate to our situations very well. The only thing I can tell you is too stay strong and one day you will find your ideal job. Despite having a job at this present moment I am still looking for a job that provides me stability and mental peace.

Even though I am a friendly person I am always protecting myself from people. I don't feel persecuted like the ennegram makes us look but I am always careful with the people who surround me. I am very protective of my personal life and I don't want anyone to do harm to me and my significant others.

I am very curious about the ennegram now. It did not interest me before because I though it was too complicated but I think it adds another dimension to the MBTI. I can see which are my strengths and weakness on a deeper level. Of course not everything that the ennegram says is true about you but until now I can see myself in it. I am also curious about how other MB types who are Type 6 deal with their problems and anxiety. I have to hang out @ the Type 6 forum for often ;).

You can ramble anything you want! :)

·
Registered
INFP 6w5 629 sp/sx
1,760 Posts
Hi I just joined
Yo.
In case you're wondering there are at least three INFP 6w5s that are at least moderately active on the forum, but if they want to introduce themselves, they will in due time (probably). Welcome to the forum.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts