Personality Cafe banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have been taking personality and enneagram tests every now and then four about four years (since i was 18). i consistently get INFP (only the I is either lower or higher, everything else is pretty much the same), and for my highest enneagram type, i get 8. to be truthful, i have like 4 types that are all pretty close, so maybe the test that i've taken is a good one, or is it normal to have results like that.

also, isn't 8 and INFP sort of conflicting?

·
Banned
3,636 Posts
It is conflicting, it's much more likely that you would be say 9w8 than an actual 8. (If you're an INFP).

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
That's interesting, what test did you do?

I think I'm 9w8

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i'm not sure. i first took it on similarminds.com a few years back; but the last time i tried to go on that site, my computer warned me that it was a danger or something. a few days ago i took it again, and got 8. again, not sure what site, i just googled it.

my 8 and 9 were pretty close, they were about 5% off.

but it could also have to do with how i grew up.

i don't know, i can be pretty stubborn and harsh sometimes, but i always feel it's justified (doesn't everyone though :p). but i'm not a control freak. i mean, i want to be able to make my own choices but i don't want to make other peoples' choices for them. i really don't care what other people do unless it's hurting someone else or conflicting with my own plans (and even then, only if it's "unfair" in my eyes). but, on jobs and what not i'm usually the one put in charge; either that or i'm given free reign. and in school, in the few classes in college that allow for working in groups, i've noticed that i feel sort of natural taking charge. this could be because all my life i see people making stupid or selfish decisions (not saying that i don't, but i try to catch myself), and some people are just too timid to say what needs to be said, or to get things going. oh, that's a good way to put it: i think my 8 side really comes out when i feel that something actually NEEDS to be done, then i'm all over it, and it feels good, and once it's done, i'm back to being my laid back self. hmmm... maybe it's just a tool i've developed to deal with situations that make me anxious, because once i'm acting the anxiety tends to go away.

i'll try googling it again and look for the site.

here it is: http://www.enneagraminstitute.com/

·
Old Man
2,834 Posts
i don't know, i can be pretty stubborn and harsh sometimes, but i always feel it's justified (doesn't everyone though :p). but i'm not a control freak. i mean, i want to be able to make my own choices but i don't want to make other peoples' choices for them. i really don't care what other people do unless it's hurting someone else or conflicting with my own plans (and even then, only if it's "unfair" in my eyes). but, on jobs and what not i'm usually the one put in charge; either that or i'm given free reign. and in school, in the few classes in college that allow for working in groups, i've noticed that i feel sort of natural taking charge. this could be because all my life i see people making stupid or selfish decisions (not saying that i don't, but i try to catch myself), and some people are just too timid to say what needs to be said, or to get things going. oh, that's a good way to put it: i think my 8 side really comes out when i feel that something actually NEEDS to be done, then i'm all over it, and it feels good, and once it's done, i'm back to being my laid back self. hmmm... maybe it's just a tool i've developed to deal with situations that make me anxious, because once i'm acting the anxiety tends to go away.
Just a vibe.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts