Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Non-Si/Ne- Rarely or Never

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I experience deja vu pretty often. I used to enjoy it somewhat, but now it kind of freaks me out.

I was wondering whether this could have anything to do with being INFP, and I decided it might be a good idea to test this out with a poll.

I'm thinking it could have to do with Ne/Si, with Fi playing a role in one's response to it. Ne will make all kinds of connections between external stimuli, and Si will then compare this in a really abstract, unconscious way to phenomena from one's past, creating the feeling that this moment has been previously experienced. Fi, whether putting a positive or negative spin on it, is likely to regard the event as emotionally significant, and worthy of consideration, drawing our conscious attention to it. Agree? Disagree?

Uh, let me see if I can figure out how to create a poll.

One hypothesis this leads me to is that, by developing Si and becoming more conscious of its effects, one would reduce the feeling of deja vu and replace it with conscious memories that are being evoked. I know that sometimes I have flashes of memories of things from my past, without much context, and I wonder if this is like Si "struggling" to manifest.

EDIT: It also seems plausible for Se/Ni to cause a similar experience, through the reverse process, maybe?

Reactions: CloudVinci

·
Registered
24 Posts
I seem to recall reading somewhere that Deja Vu is actually a brain fault that quite a large percentage of the population have. Something about your brain getting confused and replacing a past memory with a false memory of what is currently happening.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I seem to recall reading somewhere that Deja Vu is actually a brain fault that quite a large percentage of the population have. Something about your brain getting confused and replacing a past memory with a false memory of what is currently happening.
I think between 60 and 70 percent of the population has experienced it, which makes sense since everybody ultimately has all 8 functions. But I'm specifically interested in whether it appears more in certain types. There are a couple different theories about déjà vu, but none of them (as far as I'm aware) explore it within a jungian framework.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts