• Type4

Votes: 3 37.5%
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am conducting a little experiment :proud:
I know I'm not the only INFP who has studied a variety of personality profiling systems.

I have recently come across Carol Tuttle's energy profiling system. I find it very intuitive and it seems to fit in well with the MBTI. I wanna see what type INFPs tend to be in this system!

For those of you that aren't familiar with energy profiling, watch the videos explaining the system here. (It requires a signup, but it's totally free, and very interesting!)

And if you are familiar with this system, what do you think about it???

Type 1: bright, animated, fun
Type 2: soft, detail-oriented, calming
type 3: rich, dynamic, practical
type 4: exact, reflective, bold

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What if I'm soft, reflective, and fun? :kitteh:
Definitely watch all the videos! Everyone expresses all four types depending on the context, but only one is your dominant energy type. Your facial features, body language, and communication style override everything, and will guide you to your dominant energy.

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
Definitely watch all the videos! Everyone expresses all four types depending on the context, but only one is your dominant energy type. Your facial features, body language, and communication style override everything, and will guide you to your dominant energy.
OK, you've piqued my interest. I'll have to get back to you.

·
Registered
501 Posts
I think it's funny how they say the world is made up of four energies, and then relate it to chemistry in order to make it sound scientific. It reminds me of that new age book The Secret that takes things about quantum physics out of context to make it look as if reality is subjective, and formed by the attitude we have towards it, which is the book's message. Anyway, I would say the types roughly relate to MBTI as follows:

Type 1 = ExFx
Type 2 = IxFx
Type 3 = ExTx
Type 4 = IxTx

Which I guess makes me some kind of type 2/type 4-monster. The physical descriptions are eerily accurate though, which really puzzles me because the idea that the shape of your face should have anything to do with your personality seems preposterous to me. So if there are any INFPs with angular faces, or anything like that, please report in the thread. Once such people have been found, one can wonder how much of MBTI is likewise our minds against our wills, even, organizing reality to fit whatever schemes we carry.

·
MOTM Dec 2011
8,651 Posts
Hm, it never sent the videos. I wish they just had text descriptions. The descriptions in the OP are not relatable, but on the site there are slightly longer ones. Of those, 1 and 4 seemed the best but neither really struck me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts