Personality Cafe banner
61 - 71 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
O yeah...it's like that thread we had about liking non fiction...it seems a lot of ENFPs prefer non fiction but INFPs prefer fiction in general haha
Where is this post? I've got a massive non-fiction library! I think it's because of our short attention span. We can just flit from one interesting fact to another which can spark off interest in another book that you just HAVE to order on Amazon asap!

·
Registered
891 Posts
I realize you guys are less insane than we ENFP's are but there's something about you guys that is so different from us yes so very familiar. I cant put my thumb on it. I have a couple INFP friends who I talk to quite frequently. First off you guys are awesome, but then I think about when ENFP's get their "silly switch" turned to introverted and serious. I hate it when I'm like that and I cannot function to my full capacity. I couldn't ever live like that forever.
@samyeaboy: Hi. Can you please describe this "silly switch" you speak of. Thanks.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
@samyeaboy: Hi. Can you please describe this "silly switch" you speak of. Thanks.
haha im a little late. But basically the silly switch is a name I give the dramatic self judging and commentary that goes on inside the ENFP mind. Enfp's live life like a movie. and when I the silly switch is off I am judging myself seeing life in third person which ussually leads to me not feeling too great and being overly critical. However, when the switch is on and sillyness is in full force. i am the main character and I live in the moment and the enfp witty charm comes back to me =D

·
Registered
60 Posts
Am I the only person who finds the ENFP/INFP connection electrifying?

For the first time in my life I have met a confirmed INFP. She is my assistant. Before she told me her type, there was something just so amazingly cool about her. Seriously. I had to ask her if she knew MBTI and thought maybe she was a fellow ENFP based on our connection alone. But she actually told me she KNEW what she was and she is an INFP.

You INFPs just get prepared. The amazing things this woman has done for me will manifest itself outward. This means I'm going to tell you how beautiful you all are. Holy cow. I only knew INFPs from this forum. I didn't know how cool you were irl. No really. Absolutely beautiful hearts and a commitment to balance things out in an environment. You are very unique creatures. It almost makes me cry.

Okay, I'll stop. I know I'll embarrass you when I don't mean to. But just get prepared. Some day I will write an ode to how beautiful you all are. Amazing.
I so completely know how you feel! I mean sometimes I wonder if I am an INFP just because I am rather shy sometimes in social situations and I spend a lot of time b myself reflectig and writing awful poetry, but it makes sense that ENFPs are the most introverted of the extroverts. And even while I'm reflecting, I'm focusing my thoughts and memories on my experiences in the outer world.

Well anyhow, I believe I really am not an INFP because I am not as dedicated and genuinely interested in people's problems an solving them. They really genuinely care, it's quite amazing really. I mean, it not like I don't genuinely care about people, but I think I'm just naturally inclines to talk rather than listen (although when you get an INFP and an ENFP together, each makes the other listen and speak more than they normally would respectively.) the ENFP is uch a beautiful creature because they are so sensitive an complex and just straight up caring of others. The one I know the best is probably the least disciminate person ever. Always seeing the good in anyone before the bad. Always finding a justification for the "bad".

I would say both are idealists, but INFPs just moreso. The problem is that they live inside their heads and don't vocalize or even know how to express their love or desire to change the world. Leading to much self torture. An ENFPs also experience this? I know I have on my more introverted days.

Also, it seem like INFPs are just so goddang CHILL. so easy going and relaxed. ENFPs practically bounce off the walls. Just an obvious difference, probably one of the biggest ones.

To be more deep though, I think INFPs tend to hold themselves to higher standards, and become quite out of synch with themselves if they can't reach their unrealistic expectations. Overall I think INFPs can be much more tortured inwardly than ENFPs, but that's not to say us ENFPs don't have our fAir share of trials whenit comes to not being able to express how we feel or what we want to others. Sometimes we'll babble senselessly however until we can articulate what's wrong. We will most likely confide in more people however... Yeah. Stream of consciousness, this post. Mmmmm

·
Registered
891 Posts
haha im a little late. But basically the silly switch is a name I give the dramatic self judging and commentary that goes on inside the ENFP mind. Enfp's live life like a movie. and when I the silly switch is off I am judging myself seeing life in third person which ussually leads to me not feeling too great and being overly critical. However, when the switch is on and sillyness is in full force. i am the main character and I live in the moment and the enfp witty charm comes back to me =D
@samyeaboy: Thanks for the clarification. However, are you sure that the silly switch is an ENFP thing? I ask because I am an INFP and I do exactly this. My switch is especially on when I'm at work. I work as a cashier in food service and have to be interacting with customers pretty much all day long.

61 - 71 of 71 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.