Personality Cafe banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new here and this is actually my first post :happy: But I've been learning about MBTI for the past six or so months pretty in depth, and I think I've got a fairly good grasp on a lot of it.

My question for the other INFPs out there, is do any of you have experiences with ENTJs? What was the relationship dynamic like? What were the pitfalls? And how can you tell what an ENTJ is actually feeling?

I have a good friend who is an ENTJ, and we get along really well. I find she brings out my Te and we share a certain biting kind of humor. While Te can be too harsh at times, I generally speaking really appreciate it and enjoy being around Te doms/auxes. Although I am Fi dom, I'm not as sensitive as the stereotype suggests. I'm pretty good at bouncing around with Te. I'm also fairly extroverted for an introvert--in a lot of ways, I act like an ENFP. However, after a lot of searching and figuring out the functions, I have decided I am technically an INFP.

I ask this question in particular, though, because of course there's a guy who's an ENTJ who I sense some chemistry with. But, for lots of reasons, it would be inappropriate if he were to make a move (mainly he's my boss).

So any other INFPs have experiences with ENTJs? And how'd you work it? :)

·
Registered
934 Posts
My cousin is an EXTX, we generally get along fine as long as we don't dig too deep into our methodology and beliefs where we simply don't agree with each other.

He is into/pays attention on the things that I don't really care about, and vice versa in my case as well. But nevertheless, we've been living together for a few years already so yeah, it's okay.

·
Registered
526 Posts
I'm new here and this is actually my first post :happy: But I've been learning about MBTI for the past six or so months pretty in depth, and I think I've got a fairly good grasp on a lot of it.

My question for the other INFPs out there, is do any of you have experiences with ENTJs? What was the relationship dynamic like? What were the pitfalls? And how can you tell what an ENTJ is actually feeling?

I have a good friend who is an ENTJ, and we get along really well. I find she brings out my Te and we share a certain biting kind of humor. While Te can be too harsh at times, I generally speaking really appreciate it and enjoy being around Te doms/auxes. Although I am Fi dom, I'm not as sensitive as the stereotype suggests. I'm pretty good at bouncing around with Te. I'm also fairly extroverted for an introvert--in a lot of ways, I act like an ENFP. However, after a lot of searching and figuring out the functions, I have decided I am technically an INFP.

I ask this question in particular, though, because of course there's a guy who's an ENTJ who I sense some chemistry with. But, for lots of reasons, it would be inappropriate if he were to make a move (mainly he's my boss).

So any other INFPs have experiences with ENTJs? And how'd you work it? :)

At church, my director('boss') is a male ENTJ and our relationship is really good. I don't know him well enough to say what the bigger pitfalls are, but we definitely work together well when organizing people and things. He's very good at thinking on his feet and we both sort of brain storm ideas when we reach obstacles and stuff. From what I understand, extraverts tend to be pretty open with how they feel if you ask them or they show it physically. So if the ENTJ likes you, he may try to find ways to show it or just really enjoy your company and spend more time with you than perhaps is necessary or comparatively normal for him. So if he is constantly reviewing or talk within you more than other employees, this likely shows that he at least finds you enjoyable and well worth his time.

You could always just invite him to lunch or ask him to do something to show your appreciation for his help and efforts, though this could be slightly awkward for you. Still, I find this way to be pretty useful when trying to connect with extraverts and relating with them on their terms versus our own introverted ones. Good luck with your endeavor ^^.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
From what I understand, extraverts tend to be pretty open with how they feel if you ask them or they show it physically. So if the ENTJ likes you, he may try to find ways to show it or just really enjoy your company and spend more time with you than perhaps is necessary or comparatively normal for him. So if he is constantly reviewing or talk within you more than other employees, this likely shows that he at least finds you enjoyable and well worth his time.
Thank you for your help! :) I would say that yes, he does seem to go out of his way for me--I can tell that his "love language" is acts of service, which I'm a sucker for. He also has kissed me twice on the cheek while hugging me, although I can't tell if it's meant to be platonic or romantic.

·
Registered
50 Posts
My younger brother is an ENTJ. We get along really well. He's hilariously unemotional and callous in comparison to me.

My only complaint is that when he does show emotion, it feels incredibly plastic and inauthentic. I mean, I know it's not, but it almost feels... unreal.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My younger brother is an ENTJ. We get along really well. He's hilariously unemotional and callous in comparison to me.

My only complaint is that when he does show emotion, it feels incredibly plastic and inauthentic. I mean, I know it's not, but it almost feels... unreal.
I relate! Both my ENTJ and INTJ friends are hilarious and I vibe with them on a certain level. It's like they let me be more callous and sort of unleash my Te, in a sense. But I would agree. Not my INTJ friend so much, but my ENTJ friend, when she tries to be emotional it's just sort of odd haha.

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
Really? I actually find it more authentic and genuine, because it's not something that they would usually exploit :) When they do show them, they must mena a lot or something...

·
Registered
254 Posts
I have interacted with 3 ENTJs. One of them is my best friend and we get along great. She's usually in charge of social situations and stuff and I just go along with it. I can sometimes disapprove of her being harsh on people's feelings but I've sort of gotten used to it. I would say we are actually EXTREMELY different to one another and we sometimes do argue a lot, but in the end we can look past our differences and be great friends. Other people at school say we are like twins (which is hilarious).

I also know and ENTJ and we raged a war against each other for two years straight (until I moved schools). She is pretty friendly and is a stereotypical social butterfly. When we first met she immediately introduced me to her 300 groups of friends (which was pretty overwhelming). Unfortunately she is also extremely competitive so she didn't like it when I started outdoing her in tests. I actually wasn't really outdoing her academically but I guess she just focused too much on the sections where I did get better than her and so she started spreading rumours about me at school. I know she hates me and she knows I hate her but at school we still act like close friends. Anyway it started getting out of hand so I was relieved when I moved schools so that everything was over.

As for the other ENTJ, she kind of borders an ESTJ and we get along pretty well. Usually she does the talking and I do the listening, which is what we both like.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I have interacted with 3 ENTJs. One of them is my best friend and we get along great. She's usually in charge of social situations and stuff and I just go along with it. I can sometimes disapprove of her being harsh on people's feelings but I've sort of gotten used to it. I would say we are actually EXTREMELY different to one another and we sometimes do argue a lot, but in the end we can look past our differences and be great friends. Other people at school say we are like twins (which is hilarious).

I also know and ENTJ and we raged a war against each other for two years straight (until I moved schools). She is pretty friendly and is a stereotypical social butterfly. When we first met she immediately introduced me to her 300 groups of friends (which was pretty overwhelming). Unfortunately she is also extremely competitive so she didn't like it when I started outdoing her in tests. I actually wasn't really outdoing her academically but I guess she just focused too much on the sections where I did get better than her and so she started spreading rumours about me at school. I know she hates me and she knows I hate her but at school we still act like close friends. Anyway it started getting out of hand so I was relieved when I moved schools so that everything was over.

As for the other ENTJ, she kind of borders an ESTJ and we get along pretty well. Usually she does the talking and I do the listening, which is what we both like.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts