Personality Cafe banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Someone correct me if I'm off, but the way I understand it is that INFP's take in information about the external world through intuition, and then sort that information based on their feelings. Since the intuition is feeding us a lot of information to process, and we're internally evaluating the world based on our feelings, we tend to come off as a bit intense once we express feelings about something.

·
MOTM June 2012
9,333 Posts
I don't care what the emotion is, anger, sadness, joy, love ect. I feel it VERY intensely. Honestly sometimes it kind of feels like I'm on a powerfull drug of some sort. When I tell other people about it, they can never seem to relate because they don't feel things the way I do. I take it to the next level for better or worse.

The best way I can describe it is like a lightsocket. There's so much energy and power and if you harness it in a positive way, good things can happen, but if you do something stupid like stick your finger in the socket, or plug too many things in, shit will go very bad for you. Emotions are like that for me.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
I'm not sure what to say other than... yeah, I feel things intensely. Haha, I know that sounds really lame. I'm not sure it's something I can adequately put into words.

My emotions feel like they sometimes take on a life of their own, and even when they're not the most positive of feelings, I like to immerse myself in them fully and just experience them. Sometimes that can be incredibly painful... but there can be a beauty in that pain, a sort of clarity. It makes me feel alive. The same goes for positive emotions as well of course... and I often get the sense that I can feel extremely happy and content from things that wouldn't have nearly as strong of an effect on other people.

Not sure how else to explain it really, but being someone who feels things intensely seems like an essential part of who I am.

Edit: Yeah, exactly what @KindOfBlue06 said, haha.

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Yeah, it's like a jolt of electricity. And it could be any emotion, not just negative ones. For me, if I am feeling something that is other than just neutral blah, it can have physical effects. Maybe i'll be shaking a little. Maybe I'll be twitching or pulling at my hair. Or I might even cry, even when I'm not sad. I might start shivering and getting cold (does anyone else get really cold if they start getting emotional?). I might forget what physical movements I am trying to do and i'll drop things, I'll stop walking, i'll walk out in front of traffic, i'll become totally oblivious to my surroundings and make a lot of physical errors. It overtakes my body pretty much. So yeah, like electricity in a way.

·
Registered
4,636 Posts
I pass the world through my little filter (Fi). Ne is bringing in all this info to the filter, but not all of it makes it through. On the way down the rabbit hole, so to speak, the information is played with by both Fi and Ne and Si, adjutsed to find patterns, to find meaning. All my energy is lying at a pool at the bottom. When the information hits the bottom of the pool, there isn't a lot of stimuli left that's made it through. Only the stuff I really care about. The pool of energy soaks it all up and absorbs the information. The stimuli is imbued with meaning in the little pool. Sometimes the energy in the pool is provoked and shoots outward. The energy isn't dispersed over tons of data or space, it is concentrated and collected over time in this little pool. So the things I do feel I feel ten times stronger. Does that make sense? Others won't be able to see what's going on down there for the most part. All the data Ne is gathering is outside the filter, subsequent chute into my brain, and the pool at the very bottom. So it can look like nothing is going on. But what is going on down there is measured in intensity. I imagine Te is this little flap at the top of the chute that can help me regulate stimuli if I choose to use it, and if there is a reaction provoke, Te can open up and vaccum all that energy out into the outside world, or close the lid and say "no, sit on this some more".

I love visual metaphors so much.

·
Registered
583 Posts
My despair is quite intense, crippling even. When I fail, it becomes objectively obvious to me that my situation is hopeless, and I skulk about it for a few days, caught in some awful existential crisis in which I wonder what I matter to the world at large, and whether or not suicide is a socially responsible option, since it would mean less resources consumed by me and more available for the rest of the planet. And, of course, I yell at God for a bit, too, desperately crying for him to show what he intends for me, if anything, and not to place me in situations where I can be tortured by temporary hope and have it dashed shortly after. The problem is, there is hardly such a thing as a minor mistake or failure to me, because they happen with such frequency that I have this awful tendency to think about everything that is going wrong, or ever went wrong in my life instead, and see them all as connected.

Even if I am intellectually aware that these things aren't true, or that I'm being irrational, the feelings don't go away that easily.

·
Registered
929 Posts
Intensity of feeling?

It's 3:16 AM here, and I can't sleep and am sulking because i didn't get to see one of my roommates today.
Intense enough for ya? :p

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Yes, feel things very intensely sometimes too intensely. Find myself getting worked up over things too easily. It's energy draining. Kinda feeds into my anxiety. Not such a great thing. Wish it was less.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts