Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know how many of you have taken IQ tests, but I was wondering if INFPs tend to have higher IQ scores. I have an IQ of 131, but still don't do great in school. I think INFPs are generally very intelligent and look at the world in a great way.

Tell me if any of this applies to you, or just share your IQ for comparison.

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
Tested a few times, but between 138 - 142.

I did a similar post about this on the facebook INFP section, we'll see how the results are on here.

edit:
Oh my grades were literally 98-100% or a B-. It really depends on how much I respected the teacher -- I refuse to be taught by people I don't respect.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wow that is realy impressive 120-140 is very superior intelligence and above 140 is genius or near genius.

140 & over : Genius or near genius

120-140: Very superior intelligence

110-120: Superior intelligence

90-110: Normal or average intelligence

80-90: Dullness

70-80: Borderline deficiency

·
Banned
3,980 Posts
Hahah
I must have some special power because whenever I think about making
a thread it appears days later made by someone else.

I took two online IQ tests a few days ago because I was bored.
I generally think that IQ test's can't measure Intelligence effectively, but that didn't stop me from taking it.

I got 92 on one test and 104 on another. I usually get C's or B's in school.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Let me ask you this, have you ever known someone to have an IQ lower than 120?

The average is supposedly 100, as in 100 is at the top of the bell shaped curve, however i've never heard someone say they've less than 120. At 130 - 144 you are part of only 2.14% of the entire population.. and I assume you're not taking these marks from an online source.

It seems paramount to asking how big your #$#@ is, never going to get an answer close to the reality.

·
Banned
3,980 Posts

The average is supposedly 100, as in 100 is at the top of the bell shaped curve, however i've never heard someone say they've less than 120. At 130 - 144 you are part of only 2.14% of the entire population.. and I assume you're not taking these marks from an online source.

It seems paramount to asking how big your #$#@ is, never going to get an answer close to the reality.
@InusBestFriend
I agree that people just want to keep their ego intact and impress other people.
...but generally that is called human nature.

Edit: I think I was putting words into your mouth with that comment, my bad. XD

·
MOTM Dec 2011
8,651 Posts

I have a feeling people with average or closer to average IQs:

1) Don't post in this threads like this at all...2) probably because they have less interest in IQ because they are not exceptional. People tend to be drawn to what they are "good" at. Or they don't post because 3) they are embarrassed to be average among such high scores.

So you end up with only the exceptionally high IQs being posted (although so many of those are obtained from highly questionable online tests, that those people may be closer to average in a real test).

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
I tend to score ridiculously high on IQ tests, to the point that I never want to share my IQ for fear of sounding arrogant or like a liar.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I know lots of unintelligent people. And a fair share of intelligent underachievers. I don't put much into logical intelligence though, at least not as something worth comparing. I don't quite like when people overestimate their worth. And I'd always rather be taken for less than I am.
I must admit, though, that talking about it does make me feel inferior. It's silly I can't live up to my own ideal of not being bothered by such things.

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
Online tests will inflate your IQ for sure.
Since I was skipped a grade while I was younger, and I completed my psych degree later, I've done the official version(s) a number of times.

IQ also varies based on your age and is continually re-calculated as time passes.

Most people should know the above, not sure why people are compelled to state the obvious though. Naturally, I have to defend myself based on the quick assumptions though.

·
Banned
3,624 Posts

My IQ is 10 inches

It's funny how people bring up unofficial tests; they have practically zero relevance.

I have a father with a high IQ (129) and a mother with one between 99-103. One of my sisters has an IQ even higher than my fathers (about 132, but she has a personality disorder, so it's pretty much moot because of how irrational she is and unfortunately it's used solely for manipulation) and my other sister has one slightly above my mothers range, but she's an intj with incredible language skills. Much superior to my own and i'm 8 years older.

I sit within the average range. It makes sense given my genetic history. I still get bored with study very easily if it's too easy (just as much as my sister) and need a challenge otherwise i'm off.

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
I've never taken a proper IQ test, only online tests but the scores have varied way too much to be reliable.

One thing i have learned about myself from these tests is that i'm very good at visual/spatial thinking and pattern detection: I managed to get 20/28 questions on this test, which supposedly correlates with an IQ of 143 (which of course is totally unreliable). It's a visual test which is probably the hardest of its kind i've ever taken. It features patterns that are so ridiculously illogical that you have to apply psychosis to make any sense of them.
Hmmm i guess that makes two things i've learned about myself :proud:

School was a big problem for me though.
I had always been allowed to learn in my own way, which consisted of staring out the window and drawing most of the time. I was always the smartest kid in class until i was about 14. But then, things changed and my learning style wasn't accepted anymore by most teachers. It's pretty narcissistic, but i was like "why should i do homework when i already understand the principle that these exercises are repeating over and over again? That's a waste of time!" It seemed to me like discipline for its own sake was a greater priority than actually gaining knowledge, and this was insulting in my opinion. Being a rebellious little twat, this resulted in never doing any homework anymore and skipping school to avoid certain teachers. This ruined my grades for most classes, so yeah... i didn't do very well.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
My third grade teacher told my mother my IQ was like 125. I don't really know if they change.

To be entirely honest, I don't think IQ is an entirely valid way to measure every type of intelligence but it's still pretty impressive when people have extraordinarily high ones. Because clearly they have a good grasp on that type of logic. I think my dad's is like 140 something. He's really intelligent. But I think he's an XNTJ.

·
Registered
96 Posts
sorry if that was a little harsh i didnt mean to be annoying
I guess that was a pretty buzz kill thing to say yeah, it's just a subject that can get my goat. Wasn't having a go at you, i'm sure you're quite inteligent.

Actually interestingly enough I read an article on NewScientist about 6 months ago about how IQ tests don't test HOW you actually utilise your inteligence, which in fact would be a much better test. It had several fairly simple questions that attempted to be a better example, just trying to remember them um...

If a bat and ball cost $1.10 and the bat costs 1 dollar more than the ball, how much was the ball?

If 1 machine can make 1 widget in 1 minute, how long would it take 5 machines to make 5 widgets?

oh and the particular easy (all subjective of course)

If lillypads on a pond double every day and it takes 48 days to completely fill the pond, how long did it take to fill only half the pond?

Really it seems that they're just questions that attempt to trick you, i'm not sure how hard/simple they regarded these but they've been good when havign a few beers i've found, depending totally on the way you tell them, you can really stump some people.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Really it seems that they're just questions that attempt to trick you, i'm not sure how hard/simple they regarded these but they've been good when havign a few beers i've found, depending totally on the way you tell them, you can really stump some people.
It's because of a lack of standards. If you look at the IQ tests Mensa uses you won't find any language whatsoever, it's all figures. It's probably one of the better tests in terms of accuracy, however, it's an extremely narrow field. Some of the stuff you can find online embrace a vast amount of mental skills.

Reactions: insidetheinfp

·
MOTM Dec 2011
8,651 Posts
If a bat and ball cost $1.10 and the bat costs 1 dollar more than the ball, how much was the ball?

If 1 machine can make 1 widget in 1 minute, how long would it take 5 machines to make 5 widgets?

oh and the particular easy (all subjective of course)

If lillypads on a pond double every day and it takes 48 days to completely fill the pond, how long did it take to fill only half the pond?

That's what I thought :laughing:

EDIT: It reminds me of the "Densa" quiz :D

1 - 20 of 81 Posts