Personality Cafe banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this might sound kind weird you guys, but I as an INFP do not feel like I know myself at all right now. How is this even possible for INFPs? This is supposed to be one of the things we're actually really good at. Like specially INFPs and ISFPs. I don't think that anybody would say that Fi doms don't know what we want. We may be criticized for being selfish, uncaring or irrational, weak and incapable but this is definitely not one of the things we are bad at according to anyone I've seen. Am I even an INFP?

I don't really know what I want or like anymore really. I guess I find thing fun sometimes, but I can't even tell if I really enjoy it, or it's just a time filler. Nothing makes me passionate, I don't really care about injustices in the world and whatnot right now. I can know that they are objectively bad like kids being born into poverty and having to raise their siblings. It's not even like these are morally grey, and I'm thinking both sides have a point. I can't really bring myself to care though or it's very limited caring.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
I don't really know what I want or like anymore really.
How about in the past? I don't know your current emotional state, or how long you've been dispassionate but I want to say I can relate. I experienced a time where I didn't know what I was doing with my life and my day-to-day life seemed gray. Loss of vitality comes to mind, I don't know how to explain it.

I don't think that anybody would say that Fi doms don't know what we want.
I used to be pretty fickle. I would say you're INFP going through hard time. Don't want to assume though. :confused:

:hug:

·
Registered
My vehicle is INFP, 9w8. Vroom vroom!!
1,660 Posts
I don't know myself; I am myself.

And who called us those mean adjectives? I think they need to change their perspective.

·
Registered
902 Posts
I know this might sound kind weird you guys, but I as an INFP do not feel like I know myself at all right now.
You can be an INFP and not know who you are. Knowing yourself comes with age and self-evaluation. It's not something magical that happens because you are a certain personality type. A lot of INFPs have false understanding of themselves.

But just to force you to be honest with yourself--do you not know yourself because of the fear of being judged? Is it because your ideals do not align with the ideals of the popular society? It's possible and common to be this way and because yourself is so repressed that you become numb to the world. I only mention this because this sounds like emotional-numbness. Correct me if I am wrong, though.

We may be criticized for being selfish, uncaring or irrational, weak and incapable
Oh boy. LOL. Such colorful language. To be fair, indecisiveness is there too, so you don't really need to know yourself and what you want either.

·
Registered
347 Posts
What the poster above said! I still don't fully know myself and I'm in my early thirties. I've learned to just roll with what my heart says is right. Lately I've been getting involved with helping those who need food and clothing during the winter. Different from Salvation Army, a place where people in poverty can walk in and take things for free. I've been helping out there, and also donating a lot of my toys/stuffed animals, clothes, etc. I also have a change jar I started at the beginning of last year and everything in it will go to this place at the end of the year (I'm proud of how much I've collected).

·
Registered
902 Posts
Okay, checked out the responses. If INFPs aren't particularly good at knowing themselves, then why does everyone day we are?
I would have to say we are more likely to contemplate that subject, because "finding meaning" is/becomes very important to INFPs. It's not just about the idea, it's about the opinion of the idea. Thus, we are more likely to think about our identities more seriously and in-depth than others. So after that phase is triggered, and you become your stable self after time passes, INFPs are more likely to know themselves.

I've found a lot of INFPs are either very interested or very detached in a subject. Passion is focused and the rest seem bland/not opinionated.

Reactions: UberY0shi
1 - 8 of 8 Posts