Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what are the chances of an INFP taking the MBTI test over again in a year and being a completely different type? is it that possible that by moving out of one situation in your life could change your type? I used to be an ENTP in high school but when i graduated, became more of an INFP and just took the test again and i'm now an ENTP..??? doesn't make sense. comments?

·
Subterranean Homesick Alien
11,928 Posts
Your MBTI results can vary for many reasons...perhaps your mood, at the time. I personally don't like the way it's set up...with percentages. But it's a good starting off point. But after that, it's best to look at cognitive functions, because INFPs and ENTPs have different cognitive functions.

But yeah...sometimes those things will give you varying results. I've gotten ENFP, INFP, INTP, and ENTP lmao

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
I think that is possible. Even now, just by answering a few unclear and ambiguous questions I could easily end up with T instead of F. I have always flip flopped between the two.

I think the MBTI typology should have 8 instead of four letters with different font sizes giving the relative strengths of E/I, S/N, F/T and P/J

·
Registered
91 Posts
I think the tests are just an indicator to what type you are. You need to determine what type you are by assessing it yourself. Can someone change types? I'm not sure =\

·
Banned
780 Posts
I don't know, i've taken it when I have been happy, sad, mad, etc, and I have always gotten INFP. Sometimes I thought to myself, "this time I will get something different", but I never have. I have tested INFP since the first time I took it freshmen year of college.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts