Personality Cafe banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Although not technically new by definition as I joined three months ago, I haven't visited since that first day. Recently I've been feeling increasingly lonely and just very INFP-ish, so I figured I could come here, ya know? Anyways, I guess I'll introduce myself. I apologize in advance because I am horrible at these types of things.

My name is Audry, and I'm 17 years old.
I was born in Southern Indiana, and I have also lived in Minneapolis and currently, Kentucky.
With all of the moving, distance has really been a big part of my life and has affected me in unimaginable ways: some good, some bad.
I'm a lover of music, photography, and writing.
I love to sing, and I attempt to play guitar and piano.
Dancing is also a huge passion of mine, although I no longer take lessons nor compete.
I often take photographs of others and my surroundings, but I prefer not to be photographed myself.
I really enjoy writing, although I don't do enough of it.
For being an INFP and super creative, I actually really enjoy math and science in particular.
I'm not really sure why, but yeah.
While being pretty introverted, it may come to your surprise that I am a natural leader.
For some reason, people flock to me for advice and how to order things. Again, I'm not really sure why as I am not even stable and orderly myself, but I love trying to help others. :)
I've been struggling off and on for four years now with depression, almost taking my life at one point.
Right now happens to be one of my low points, I suppose, but I'm still here.
I am super open-minded, but also opinionated. Maybe that's somewhat contradictory, but yeah.
Despite being a loner by nature, I really do enjoy talking to people.
I love conversations about kickass bands, kitties, controversial issues, and just anything really.
Oh, and I fucking love to cuss. :)

- Audry ♥

Reactions: Lunaena

·
Mr. CafeBot
13,103 Posts
*You are hearing a robotic sounding voice coming towards you*

Greetings gonnamakeyousting and welcome to PersonalityCafe!! My name is Mr. CafeBot. I am here to personally greet you and thank you for joining our humble little forum. No matter your type, you will surely experience a wonderful time with the members of this forum. We cater to all personality types so you will never feel alone or weird. Truth is this forum is full of weirdos!! Pleazeee hel.... *Ahem*I mean we have the nicest people you will ever meet. :)

If you need basic forum information our newbie guide link is here...
http://personalitycafe.com/intro/2319-friendly-guide-newbies.html

To keep the forum entertaining and safe, our forum rules link is here...
http://personalitycafe.com/announcements/540-personality-cafe-forum-rules.html

If you need any help or have any suggestions, please let us know here...
http://personalitycafe.com/support-suggestions/

We will always be glad to help you!

Also don't forget to watch my music video...

Again, welcome to our forum gonnamakeyousting. We hope that your experience with us is tremendously benevolent!

P.S. Meet my family

My Wife - http://personalitycafe.com/members/mrs-cafebot.html
My Daughter - http://personalitycafe.com/members/jenny.html
My Dog - http://personalitycafe.com/members/dog.html

·
Registered
262 Posts
Re: Welcome

Uhm, welcome to the jungle!

No, I'm not really a Guns N' Roses fan, and what's more, definitely not a PR person talented at greeting newcomers. I somehow need to increase my post count though, in order to be granted permission to e.g. post proper links in my posts, so I guess the end justifies the means.

Annoyingly, I too was far too often asked for advice in my teens, mostly in fields totally outside of my expertise; fortunately nowadays people seem to have finally realized I particularly suck at it and no longer bother.

·
Plumcot
2,186 Posts
Hi Audry! I didn't see you had a thread here. I'm sorry you feel so low and are struggling, but please realize that you are loved :)!
Also, it's nice knowing that there's another 5w4 out there haha. I only like math once I understand it, and I loved biology when I took it in high school :).

·
Registered
331 Posts
Hi Audry! I like your name. Welcome aboard (this is funny as I'm wearing my halloween sailor costume right now at work)! You sound like a wonderful person and everyone here will be pleased to meet you. I gotta say you kind of remind me of myself a little bit, though I haven't done much moving around. I love all of the things you listed as well (though I wish I could dance better :p) and I am very interested in hearing about your stories!

You seem very well-rounded. I can relate to being super open-minded while also opinionated haha. You just have your values and you stick to your guns which I admire. I hope you are able to just keep swimming and get through your low points. I think I can speak on a lot of our behalves here in saying that we want to be your shoulder to lean on! You seem like an awesome person from your short intro and the world needs to keep people like that around.

What kind of kick ass bands do you like? Am I correct in guessing you like Led Zeppelin? And anyone who doesn't like kitties is crazy. This is long and awkward. I think you will fit in just right here. Hope to see you around!

And keep on being a fucking badass.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
@ThreadDeath You're not too terrible at greeting, just a little cheesy is all. Haha. :)

@Alexander Hey there! And I know! I've seen so many INFPs. Maybe we're just becoming the norm now? Who knows, haha.

@Larry Hi! No need to apologize; I'll be okay. :) But you're a 5w4 as well? That's sweet! Rarely do I see INFPs with their primary a 5, but hey...we can't help it.

@Ferin Hello there! :) So, you say that I remind you of yourself...does this make you a fucking badass as well? Haha. But thank you so much for your kind words; they were much needed right now. :) As for kickass bands, Led Zeppelin is definitely in that list. I also really love the Arctic Monkeys, Foo Fighters, Nirvana, The Pretty Reckless, Black Stone Cherry, and the list goes on...

Reactions: ThreadDeath

·
Registered
331 Posts
@gonnamakeyousting

Absolutely. We are the fucking badass gang around these parts! ;)

And you're very welcome. I am always here to lend an ear if you need it! I've been on the up and down rollercoaster in my life lately so I understand. Nice! Thought so from your username, although it may be totally unrelated to the song and I just made a lucky guess out on the limb here. Big fan of all those bands you listed as well! Black Stone Cherry is from KY right? Have you ever met them? I listen to every genre but rock/metal is always my go to.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hello Audrey, welcome. I completely understand the leadership aspect you mentioned. Being a loner myself, i find it surprising that people come for my advice.

Its probably because your'e a good thinker, and hence have the ability to lead, when you feel like it :).

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
@Ferin Actually, you were completely right! My username is from a Zeppelin song, haha. Black Stone Cherry is from KY, but I have yet to see them. They play in a lot of bars, and I'm under 21 so it doesn't work out for me. But yes, ROCK ON!

Reactions: Ferin

·
Registered
331 Posts
@Ferin Actually, you were completely right! My username is from a Zeppelin song, haha. Black Stone Cherry is from KY, but I have yet to see them. They play in a lot of bars, and I'm under 21 so it doesn't work out for me. But yes, ROCK ON!
Awesome, I thought so! And I know how that feels. I didn't care much about drinking when I was under 21 but I HATED that I couldn't go see some of my favorite bands because of it. I went to a music festival where the Foo Fighters were the headliners when I was 14 though and remember it being the most fun ever. Anyways, cheers to you in your rock show endeavors! DFTBA!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts