Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, first thread and all on here, but I was interested in finding out, and I couldn't find a thread on the first page about this so I decided what the hey :tongue:

So yeah I was just wondering how well we got on with a certain type in general, what types we are supposed to get along with the best and what types you actually do get with, and if there are any exceptions to the general view. Oh and those you don't get along with (if you had any bad experiences, I'm up for huggies :3). Both friendship wise and romantically. (Forgive me if this makes me sound naive & dumb, I'm fairly new to all this).

From what I know, friendship wise I know two of my best friends are ISFJs. They've both been great to me and given me tons of support through my issues I've had recently and I've given them support. We also agree with a lot of things and have a lot of shared interests - though in terms of 'The Big Picture' and stuff like World Affairs and big philsophical arguments they don't care about at all wheras I take a fairly big interest in. One of my other close friends is an INFJ, I find him a little bit too silly at times but otherwise he's a great guy to talk to. Others include other INFPs, ENFJs and ESTPs (that one surprised me, I though they'd be our idea of hell but we seem to almost fill each other where we lack - so it works quite well)

In terms of romantic fantisies, I've not really met many people who I fancied, psychologically anyway. There was an INFP but one thing led to another and she fell out with me and my friends, so we parted company. And I think an ENFJ, I'm not sure if she's an ENFJ and if I am attracted to here haha.

I'm not really sure of the typical bonds like I said, so I can't say if I'm in the norm or not. Anyway what about you? Similar to mine? Completely different? And any non-INFPs, do you get along well with us, or do you find us fustrating? xD

·
Registered
105 Posts
I find myself associated with intuitive people. My girlfriend is ENFP. My best friend is INTJ. This doesn't mean much though. My older brother is ISTJ while my younger brother is INTJ and I relate to my older brother much more. My word of advice is to hang out with good people with good intentions with disregard to MBTI.

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
My love is an INTP. But I've heard mixed messages on how well other INFPs get along romantically with INTPs. For us, it works though.
An INFP friend of mine is also in a relationship with an INTP. So there's two examples of it working. I have another INFP friend who is married to an INTJ (whom I dated for 3 years before she met him). their relationship is ok. She cheated on him and they have been going to counseling, but it seems to be working out. I personally think it's hit or miss with INTJs. Mostly miss. But that's just from my experience. As I've heard it said a million times, two people of any type can make it work. It just depends on the people involved.

A few of my best friends types - ENFP, ESFJ, ISTP, ISFJ, INFP, INTP, INTJ, ENTP, ESTP... so basically everyone. :)

My most supportive and dependable friend - ESFJ
The friend who I have told the most secrets to, who listens and doesn't judge and who is lots of fun - ENFP
The friend who is sort of crazy and moody, been through hell and back, but you love him anyway - ISTP
The friend who will always tell you straight up what you're doing wrong or right, whether it hurts your feelings or not - INTJ
The very flakey friend who is full of amazing ideas and does all kinds of fun shit but you can't ever get ahold of him - ESTP
The friend who will give you the shirt off her back and is always up for a intellectual and cynical conversation - ENTP
The friend who tells you he loves you when he's drunk, cooks you dinner if yr hungry, but keeps to himself unless you call him - ISFJ

I could keep going... I kind of want to... but I'll stop. :)

·
Registered
374 Posts
I always seem to find/meet other INFPs, but I think that is because I seek out intuitive types more than sensing types. My boyfriend is an INTP and we are pretty good match. I typically get hurt by ISTJs and ESTJs especially, but everyone is different and I like to think that INFPs are pretty good at getting along with most types.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts