Personality Cafe banner

33061 - 33080 of 33085 Posts

·
Registered
INFP
661 Posts
I'm a terrible long distance friend and relative. If somebody is nearby, I will get together with them now and then(still not real often), and have a good time, and otherwise keep in somewhat contact. If somebody lives away and I seldom see them, I'm awful at keeping up with communication. Phone calls, texts, e-mail, facebook, I just start to fade away from doing it.

But then, once I see them, its almost like no time has passed and they still mean the same to me, I still love them.

Don't know if this trouble keeping in contact my people living away is more my INTP side than my INFP.
Similar issue here. I'm trying to force myself to stay in touch with local friends and distant relatives more often.

·
Premium Member
15,511 Posts
Hi @GusWriter - - - >> I am quoting your post to let you know I really do agree with you. Very much.

... its almost like no time has passed...
I have experienced this over and over. I do not seem to feel time the same, as other people. I supposed, when I reconnect with friends, after 35 years (yes, it's happened) I am supposed to ease the tension with - - - >> "I am so creepy for contacting you! So much time has passed! It's so abnormal of me to be talking to you again!!!" ... but noooooooooooo... I feel NO shame. I am oblivious to many of the rules set by others and society and The Proper School.

...I just start to fade away from doing it.
I guess, I must be damaged, or had some trauma in the past, to have so little human interaction in my life?

But that thought, from others.... is the farthest from the truth.

It all comes down to my DESIRE. Or... my need. The desire is just not there for a large devotion to many friends. I have a husband. I have a mother. I mean seriously, how many more people do I need to keep me entertained?

Zero. Zero is the answer. (y)

·
Registered
Type 8w9
1,490 Posts
I'm a terrible long distance friend and relative. If somebody is nearby, I will get together with them now and then(still not real often), and have a good time, and otherwise keep in somewhat contact. If somebody lives away and I seldom see them, I'm awful at keeping up with communication. Phone calls, texts, e-mail, facebook, I just start to fade away from doing it.

But then, once I see them, its almost like no time has passed and they still mean the same to me, I still love them.

Don't know if this trouble keeping in contact my people living away is more my INTP side than my INFP.
Same here!

I only stay in consistent contact with 3 people outside of those who I live with. Everyone else, I can go weeks without speaking to (as in, initiating).

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
Hi @GusWriter - - - >> I am quoting your post to let you know I really do agree with you. Very much.

I have experienced this over and over. I do not seem to feel time the same, as other people. I supposed, when I reconnect with friends, after 35 years (yes, it's happened) I am supposed to ease the tension with - - - >> "I am so creepy for contacting you! So much time has passed! It's so abnormal of me to be talking to you again!!!" ... but noooooooooooo... I feel NO shame. I am oblivious to many of the rules set by others and society and The Proper School.

I guess, I must be damaged, or had some trauma in the past, to have so little human interaction in my life?

But that thought, from others.... is the farthest from the truth.

It all comes down to my DESIRE. Or... my need. The desire is just not there for a large devotion to many friends. I have a husband. I have a mother. I mean seriously, how many more people do I need to keep me entertained?

Zero. Zero is the answer. (y)
I know what you mean. Thing is if they were closer, I'd want to see them more. But as it is, its been every few years. When I reconnected with my amazing nieces when I visited and they were in college, I was like, I so want to stay in contact with them. Yet, phone, text, e-mail just seems awkward to me if I've not seen someone in person for a while. And I know its more my viewpoint, but facebook just seems too public for it to feel like a personal way of connecting to me.

But, good to know I'm not that alone in this. I just saw a friend for the first time in over a year yesterday, and I tell you as introverted as I am, its tough keeping the mask on and not hugging hello with people I've known for over a decade. Vaccinated soon I'm hoping!

·
Registered
5,616 Posts
Any chance you'll go back on Discord?
I'm too lonely. On second thought, no need. I've given up on this life.
You should still chat with the others though.

btw, any sign of Penguin? He disappeared but his account is still there.
Hey Sei!

I got sick of Discord, I might go back on it sometime, but I left most of the group's because it's just awkward trying to talk about things to other adults but teenagers are in the group too.

Let me know how you're going.

I'm okay. Still working. Not many shifts recently though. Need more friends too. Still hopeless about a dead guy. Well I mean, I'd like to meet somebody, but they're always on the back of my mind.

Been drowning in disgust and fear about my sins lately.

Been trying to be more pure but it's hard.

They say the older you get, the wiser you get, and people mellow out and learn a lot when they get older. True.

They say if the hero lives long enough they could become the villain.

I feel somedays, I've lived too long (lol! Well not really but my mind feels like it!) I feel like I could become more corruptible the longer I live, because of frustration, and disappointment and just a "what if" f** it* attitude.

At the same time, I'm also really fighting this side by just staying low.

But I think I reaaaaaaaaaaally need some f***ing social time. And friends who share more interests, because my one good friend that drives, we have a similar personality, and views... But interests? No. It gets awkward trying to plan things with people who don't have the same interests..

Sorry... I'm just, I am just aimless and lost right now.

·
Registered
5,616 Posts
I got a big Snorlax Teddy for my friend.
Still haven't been able to give it to them.
I want to give it to them but...

Even though I don't like Snorlax it seems like a really cuddly plush!!!

·
Registered
5,616 Posts

Most relatable post of the year.

Reactions: GusWriter

·
Registered
5,616 Posts
Sometimes I get suddenly stricken with the panic that I'm not a good enough 'believer in God', and I am doomed to a life of suffering. Church trauma is just horrible.
YESSS.

I know how you feel, it's really awful.

I feel like there's things I've done that are just awful and it eats away at me at times.

I'm trying to be more pure.

A talk I listened to on Sunday has quite motivated me, after the sense I got out of it. Basically the man said "We are made as God's image". So a salesman of God, a representative. If we're pitching God then we have to be perfect and sinless, no?

It is hard. In some regards I'm doing okay, others, not so much.

·
Registered
5,616 Posts
@neutralchaotic

I was also reading that boredom can lead to entertaining the most depraved of actions and ideas, and I definitely know because I've thought about some wicked things before. People must get so bored or delusional that evil becomes good and good becomes evil, I don't want to end up like that.

What does the Bible say about boredom? | GotQuestions.org
5 Bible verses about Boredom

These are keeping me at bay.

·
Registered
Type 8w9
1,490 Posts
YESSS.

I know how you feel, it's really awful.

I feel like there's things I've done that are just awful and it eats away at me at times.

I'm trying to be more pure.

A talk I listened to on Sunday has quite motivated me, after the sense I got out of it. Basically the man said "We are made as God's image". So a salesman of God, a representative. If we're pitching God then we have to be perfect and sinless, no?

It is hard. In some regards I'm doing okay, others, not so much.
Yep.

And, it's so irrational. If God is really as merciful and gracious and understanding as the Bible says, then why would I continuously beat myself up for these things / think that God is going to punish me? I know that stems more from the churches I was raised in, and the human-led teachings they tried to enforce (for their own benefit).

I believe we are made in God's image, as in a raging bonfire and a small candle flame are still both composed of the same elements. I agree with the representative part too, but I think people get that confused with representing Christianity the religion, versus representing God. Truthfully, there are many ways to represent God. And, what does perfection mean in God's eyes. I think society is more all or nothing when it comes to perfection. But for example, God deemed Moses perfect for leading his people out of Egypt, even though Moses felt insecure about his speaking abilities, let alone his leadership! I'm working on redefining my idea of perfection, honestly. I spent enough of my life trying to be 'perfect' in the eyes of my churches / authority figures, and it left me feeling empty.

·
Registered
Type 8w9
1,490 Posts
@neutralchaotic

I was also reading that boredom can lead to entertaining the most depraved of actions and ideas, and I definitely know because I've thought about some wicked things before. People must get so bored or delusional that evil becomes good and good becomes evil, I don't want to end up like that.

What does the Bible say about boredom? | GotQuestions.org
5 Bible verses about Boredom

These are keeping me at bay.
I can agree with this! Rarely am I bored, I like to be doing something constantly. Whether that's working, researching, spending time with friends or family, reading, studying, exercising, cleaning, etc.

Not that I don't rest (I do!), just that for me, there's a difference between designating time for rest, and just being idle in life (absolutely nothing to drive you). It can be hard to figure that out, though.

·
Registered
Type 8w9
1,490 Posts
People think I'm very chill and collected, but I swear I run through every type of scenario and worst case possibility a thousand times in my head. I just don't voice them or alter my behavior because of it (because I know it's irrational), and therefore...I look normal.

I wish I could just...not have those thoughts, though! I genuinely do not want to have them.

·
Registered
5,616 Posts

What am I gonna look forward to every month now?
Ellen is meant to be Eren.(lol)

All aside I thank Isayama for his hard work and dedication, thanks for a great story! He deserves a well long break!

Hope his colossal steam spa goes well.

·
Registered
5,616 Posts
Now I don't know if I'm INFP or ENFP or just xxFx..🤣o_O🤪

·
Registered
Type 8w9
1,490 Posts
I hate when I forget that I am forgetting to do something.

Inevitably I remember 2 minutes before going to bed (but I would've had ample time to do it that day)!

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
Sometimes I get suddenly stricken with the panic that I'm not a good enough 'believer in God', and I am doomed to a life of suffering. Church trauma is just horrible.
This is a tough one for a lot of people. Of course, some people think going to church and doing the church things make you a good believer in God. Not that it isn't a good thing, but there's been people that after two decades of "church living" have come forward and said they just came to know God. So, yeah it's not everything.

I've realized I'm always going to fall short in this life. Let's face it, there is a very high bar where God is concerned. If I thought I'd reached it then I'd likely have some delusional "god complex" of myself. Instead of focusing too much at where I fall short, I've learned to look occasionally back where I was over the years and see that I've progressed gradually, and still am. Many good pastors will tell you the process of sanctification will not be completely finished in this life, we're just supposed to keep striving.

Take it easy.

·
Retired Administrator
15,780 Posts
I have this bad habit of feeling guilty about other people possibly feeling guilty, even people who show no signs of it. Like guilt is pretty painful to me, and I get worried that if I let someone know something hurts me, they will feel guilt and then I will feel guilt and hurt for them feeling guilty about my feeling bad. metaguilt

But it's so odd to me...like when I'm hurt, one of my thoughts is usually--oh no, I don't want anyone to feel guilty. Perhaps because I feel guilt so heavily at times.

And I feel guilty for saying this. GUILT TRIP down the highway of guilt. So much fun.

This all sounds so stupid, but it's true. I imagine other people also go through this, but I've never heard anyone else talk about it.

·
Registered
5,616 Posts
I just realised what WickerDeer's PFP is.

33061 - 33080 of 33085 Posts