Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
how about this- Yes, let's have infp day. But let's not make it about us. Let's make it about living out our own ideals day- It can be a secret day where for some strange bizarre reason, strange, bizarre things just happen :ninja: all around the world. An underground holiday that only us infps will ever know. Oh no o.o This message will expire in t-minus 13 days to make sure no other PerCers see it :bored: For instance, I had this notion that when I was facing insomnia in college, instead of tossing and turning at night, I would go out and buy like a thousand stickie notes. I'd walk the campus at night, strolling through the campus lanterns and foliage wearing all black, with stickie notes all inside my coat jacket. I'd fill each note with a deep inspirational, philosophical or other mind expanding message...Messages of love, acceptance and what have you. Just awesome stuff like that. By around 6:30 am, the campus is covered in stickies. Then, everyone would wake up, and go outside and see the campus covered in them. Everyone goes out and picks a sticky they like and stick it to themselves and show their friends which one they found. Then they try to live out the day with the reminder of their and their friends' stickies. Imagine mass scale infps doing this kind of stuff... I don't know, we might change the world in a snap.. could be scary D:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for your input. :)

I think perhaps it can be a local thing I do with friends, rather than try and make it a community thing.

I shared the idea with an ESFP and he decided March 12 can be ESFP day. ^_^ The first person of each type I talk to can choose the day for their type. *excited*

·
Registered
345 Posts
Thank you for your input. :)

I think perhaps it can be a local thing I do with friends, rather than try and make it a community thing.

I shared the idea with an ESFP and he decided March 12 can be ESFP day. ^_^ The first person of each type I talk to can choose the day for their type. *excited*
noes, I want it to be an official day ˚∆˚ Or at least, if you decide, tell me the date, and I will participate mfcmofdcc

·
Registered
345 Posts
Yay! :) If you like, you can choose the date? ^^
I have 2 suggestions. which sounds better to you?

August 30th? That just has a nice infp ring. My logic- August has no holiday. By the 30th, all college students are back on campus and situated and relaxed by then. Also, the infps can come home from work and do their thing that evening, and then the next day is labor day, so the spoils of the infps can be played out and all that when people are home from work.

I was initially going to suggest Dec. 21, because it is the day with the most night and least day light, and because it's close to xmas we can go more undetected. But on the other hand, because usually at this time everyone is in such an x mas mood, it can be hard for an infp to think creatively when everything is painted xmas everywhere. Thus, really infp and unique ideas may not be as infp as they could be if it were in a more neutral time, such as August 30th

what would be ideal is if we get a bunch of ideas from infp members and then we can choose a date that way. I don't want 2 people deciding a day for a whole group of people

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I would laugh if they made INFP day and it became cynical, exploitative and consumerist like every other holiday.
I think it would. Not because 'they' (me?) wants it to be, but because it seems that's the nature of groups of people. So I am happy keeping it as a weird thing I do with friends, where it can stay loving, lighthearted and fun. :)

August 30th! Thanks. :D *makes a note in calendar*

·
Registered
585 Posts
I'm not into seemingly arbitrary celebration days where everyone has to gift each other throwaway stuff but some of you guys sound so boring and jaded. You sound like INTJs!

@under skies if you don't like hand drawn cards I can send you a sandwich in a brown paper bag.

You don't have to make cards for each other, you don't have to gift each other things and it definitely doesn't have to be traditional! There are no rules, and you're not forced into anything, it is perhaps just a day, a moment to contemplate who you are.

You could hold a central tenet of INFP day that it celebrates positive values otherwise it does not count as celebrating INFP day! After this, aren't you going against the grain of what is often most negative about these celebrations are?

I'd say always do it if it makes you happy, and if it doesn't then don't do it!

P.S. I really like how @Stone Drum is getting into it.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Wow, that's a great idea! And it appeals to me that it's an internet forum thing just because it's not commercial and kinda pure art (and that I don't need to sit in meetings for hours to do some community planning and organisation)!
Let's do this. Pick one day (30/8 sounds great to me) and let's do our thing wherever we are. Then post a picture or film here and share what we've done. Maybe we'll even see that stuff in real life and see that we're not the only INFP in our town :)
I'm in!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Wow, that's a great idea! And it appeals to me that it's an internet forum thing just because it's not commercial and kinda pure art (and that I don't need to sit in meetings for hours to do some community planning and organisation)!
Let's do this. Pick one day (30/8 sounds great to me) and let's do our thing wherever we are. Then post a picture or film here and share what we've done. Maybe we'll even see that stuff in real life and see that we're not the only INFP in our town :)
I'm in!
Woo! I love the idea of sharing what we've done. :D

I'd walk the campus at night, strolling through the campus lanterns and foliage wearing all black, with stickie notes all inside my coat jacket. I'd fill each note with a deep inspirational, philosophical or other mind expanding message...Messages of love, acceptance and what have you. Just awesome stuff like that. By around 6:30 am, the campus is covered in stickies. Then, everyone would wake up, and go outside and see the campus covered in them.
If you did this, it would be amazing to see photos/video of it! :)

30/8 - THE DAY THE INFPS WENT WILD. :wink:

·
Registered
345 Posts
I'm definitely IN!
personally I'm not. I don't need or want to let everyone know what my personality type is, just as I don't like wearing clothes that reveal my sexuality. It's not who I am. I'm not an infp person. I'm a person who is an infp. I don't like this kind of pride in certain characteristics and flaunting it to others. Also, personally I'd like the holiday to be mysterious, and I don't want to be known as the person who did stuff for infp day. By making it secret, we are actually making it our day. If everyone knew about it, and people wore their infp shirts around this time, people would figure out, and then it wouldn't be our day anymore. Personally I always wanted to be able to change the world behind the scenes. :sad: It's more magical and inspiring this way I think.
@Empecinado I agree with everything you said. This is a great opportunity to create a holiday where the people participating have autonomy and creativity. Us infps don't want to be told specifically what we should do on our own holiday. We want to have an ideal that we can all share, and then we'd want to be able to creatively decide how we individually go about pushing our ideal. And I also would rather it be unique and aligning with our personality type. Do we want it to be a day about receiving hand drawn cards, or do we want it to be a day that we devote to try and change the world and try to make ourselves heard in a world that often doesn't listen to us?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts