Personality Cafe banner

infp dreams and experiences. what do you think/dream about? do you have paranoia?

2K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  Kezia 
#1 ·
Hi dreamers! Post your dream experiences here! Anything is welcome.

Mainly, I'm curious to find people that may have paranoia, and make themselves believe, see, and/or hear things that aren't really there, as in the mind playing tricks on you.

I personally quite often freak myself out this way usually when i'm alone and its dark.
I'm interested in what kind of things people experience or if people even experience these thoughts and feelings at all. I'll post some of my experiences in another post, but for now I must try and sleep and hopefully not scare myself tonight.

Looking forward to hearing your experiences...

#2 ·
*You are hearing a robotic sounding voice coming towards you*

Greetings Kezia and welcome to PersonalityCafe!! My name is Mr. CafeBot. I am here to personally greet you and thank you for joining our humble little forum. No matter your type, you will surely experience a wonderful time with the members of this forum. We cater to all personality types so you will never feel alone or weird. Truth is this forum is full of weirdos!! Pleazeee hel.... *Ahem*I mean we have the nicest people you will ever meet. :)

If you need basic forum information our newbie guide link is here...
http://personalitycafe.com/intro/2319-friendly-guide-newbies.html

To keep the forum entertaining and safe, our forum rules link is here...
http://personalitycafe.com/announcements/540-personality-cafe-forum-rules.html

If you need any help or have any suggestions, please let us know here...
http://personalitycafe.com/support-suggestions/

We will always be glad to help you!

Also don't forget to watch my music video...

Again, welcome to our forum Kezia. We hope that your experience with us is tremendously benevolent!

P.S. Meet my family

My Wife - http://personalitycafe.com/members/mrs-cafebot.html
My Daughter - http://personalitycafe.com/members/jenny.html
My Dog - http://personalitycafe.com/members/dog.html

#3 ·
Sup bro. I think you made this in the wrong place, but I'm sure a mod could move it or something.

So, just sayin' hi and welcome to the forum :)

#4 ·
Hey Yo
I hope you have a good night sleep. And yes, I have scary dreams and freak myself out about stuff. You might have to go into more detail about what thoughts and feelings you have, and you might find that others on PerC have experienced similar!

Goodnight!

#6 ·
Alright, so i'm still alive and I slept okay lol, so i'll tell a little story that happened to me in a public place actually. If anyone is from the Vancouver area, you'll know the city of Surrey part of Vancouver has a bad reputation and me being a girl, i'm always pretty sketchy when I go to that part of the city. Two of my friends live there though, so I went to go hangout with them at their place for a bit and took the seabus and skytrain alone all the way to Surrey from North Vancouver, it was still daylight out so I wasn't that freaked out. Hungout at friends place for a bit and then it was time to head back home at around 7:30ish PM I think it was. I thought it would be okay to take skytrain back to the seabus by myself because there's people around and everything, but of course when I go alone something strange happens. The ride to the seabus from the stop I got on at is about a 45 minute ride, so I had a long ride of transit ahead of me, what could go wrong? Beginning part of the skytrain ride wasn't bad, but then a sketchy dude got on and sits in the seat behind me, and i'm just thinking oh great, he would have to sit behind me. He reeeeked of alcohol and I just got a weird feeling about him, so I started to freak out inside a bit. I had headphones in and tried to ignore him, and I started to imagine that he touched my neck or something so i scratched my neck to make sure nothing was there or anything, I was extremely paranoid by this point even though he was probably harmless. Anyways, I was wearing my flower ring and he must have noticed it cause then he said "Hey, are you married?" and I tried to pretend I didn't hear him due to my music, but then he tapped me on the shoulder so I looked behind he asked me again and I said "No...hah" and then he said "Ah okay, I just saw the ring and yeah." I just said "Oh...haha" (quiet nervous laughter) and turned back around and went back to listening to my music. It was dark out and its pretty bright in the train so you can see a pretty good reflection in the window and I was constantly looking at the window to keep an eye on the guy to make sure he wasn't doing anything behind my back. This is where it kind of gets really weird and crazy. I was freaking myself out so much that I started to get a pinching feeling on my back and I was imagining him injecting a needle of some strange fluid or drug into my back. I then started to experience my heart beating a million beats per second, like a bad adrenaline rush was moving through my body, shaking, sweating, even a numbing in my arm and right side of my body and also thoughts of like "oh my god, if this is happening, whats going to happen to me, am I going to pass out, will people notice, should I get off at the next station and get on the next train, or move to a different seat will he follow me?" pretty creepy thoughts, and I do try to think of positive thoughts, but the negative thoughts always takes over. I was very freaked out and paranoid, this was the craziest experience. He finally got off at a stop like 4 stops before my stop, so I could relax a bit but not really cause I was so sketched out haha. Ever since that time though i'm very paranoid and aware of whats behind me. I'm never taking the skytrain alone again at nighttime or even don't really want to in daytime even. This was quite a scarring experience for me. I had never experienced or made myself imagine those thoughts before of someone doing something like that to me. Very crazy. In the end he was harmless, but I still can't believe what I imagined.

It's very weird to think about it now and brings back interesting memories to say the least, but yeah so this is just one of my stories! This is the only crazy public one though I think, so far anyways lol. A lot of my others are me trying to sleep but I imagine bad, scary things coming after me, and i'll probably post my experience with an I-Doser I did too. This is just one of my many crazy weird experiences. My imagination loves to go wild and think of bad things, good things too but like I said earlier, the bad overrules the good. Hopefully you readers understand this, and maybe you've even imagined the same type of situation. I'd really love to hear your input and especially any kind of stories of your mind playing tricks on you and imagining very unbelievable things. :)

#7 ·
That sounds pretty crazy. Occasionally, it happens to me in the dark... Like, I'll see the outline of a shape, and my mind will transform it into something threatening, and although I know it's not anything dangerous, I still feel this sort of "dread" for a bit... I let myself indulge in it, though... And it's pretty easy to pull myself out of it. I sort of enjoy the feeling of... having feelings.

#9 ·
You may call it crazy, but then again, it is indeed your intuition giving you insight and tell you to do something about it. If you ever encounter situations like that again, just do an action to remove yourself from that place of discomfort. This is being true to yourself. Cos you "sensed" it, and you were on "alert". In a fight or flight situation, just flight. Like typically. Some people may call this paranoia, and if you talk to someone, it comes across this way and it does, but your mind is basically telling you the kind of things that COULD happen, if you did not do something about it basically. In reality, you have no idea who this guy is and so forth, and what he may or may not do since you do not know him. But, maybe a part of social conditioning and rules will say to you that he won't and you got to be polite about things, but these kind of things, you have to learn though.

To remain true to yourself, I would not force yourself to be polite but to walk away quietly in those situations. Cos in a way, the more you are exposed to something, the more "normalise" you think it is.... So next time, I would just walk away.

When I was younger, I was very rebellious and I tried to squish these kind of feelings by travelling more and be independent, but in hindsight, I guess that "exciting feeling" was in actual fact adrenaline rush... and I thought I was making myself streetwise, but in reality, I think I was normalising it a little bit too much. Now, I am more of a walking zombie. So do not try and not do something, just go ahead and do something whenever you feel stressed or uncomfortable in a situation.

#11 ·
Okay - well, I was thinking about this a couple days ago so this is a good place to put this.

My enneagram is 9. I do test out a lot as a 5, but I'm going with 9 for now.

Anyways... 9s are pretty peaceful and all -- so are my dreams. I cannot even remember the last nightmare or upsetting dream. So it got me thinking, what are the dreams of 9s mostly like? Do they reflect the peacefulness of a 9 during the day? I mean, if I'm a 9 during the day, wouldn't I also be a 9 at night. Just some thoughts I had the other day, in thinking about dreams.

#12 ·
Like seeing things before they happen, I have this wierd ability to see people doing things before they actually do them. It's always terrible things too... Kinda sucks, because I can't tell anyone without them writing me off as being a cynic, mostly.
Anywho, welcome! :happy:

#13 ·
Oh my goodness :laughing:
I just recently posted my first thread on my dream experiences (newbie INFP here lol).
But, YEAH all I can do at night is scare the heck out of myself before I sleep.. I don't know why but, anything can pop in my head and I'll be laying there scared or disturbed. I only have nightmares, and mine can be pretty horrible. I write horror so the possibilities are endless.

Here's a nightmare i had described to a close friend of mine almost a year ago (it was already typed up so yeah im gunna show it to you).

My hair was matted under my face, the pressure of the pillow pressing hot against my eyes. Moisture was dripping around my cheeks and down my neck onto my collar. My dream of last night was murderously heavy in my heart, gripping and not letting me go. The dream drilled into my head once again. I was sitting on my bed like a doll slumped over slightly and holding my shoulders limply. A glazed look in my eyes showed no emotion as i slowly ripped my nails against my legs. The warm blood sent chills up my frozen spine. I took my boney index finger and coated it in crimson then rubbing it together with my thumb, feeling it. An enormous wave of Anxiety, sadness, hopelessness, and what felt like insanity threw my body back against a wall my vision in my dream saw, two stuffed animals lay there in front of me torn open with its white guts sprayed on locations across my bed. The sides of my lips pulled up in a sob, as i slowly sat up and faced a wall. Crimson ink was slowly shaped into words "Bloody eyes that do not wish to see" . Scissors appeared in my left hand as an insane will seared across my mind. I thrust the scissors into the center of both my eyes. I let out a scream and dropped the scissors onto my bed, blinded. I felt myself lean against a wall, then turn and press my fingers against the unforgiving wall once again. "Lips that can't speak.". A needle in my left hand and a spool of thread in my right. My dream's vision watched as i slowly motioned my hands over my lips and stick the needle through my lips, crudely sewing across, and threading them together. I again turned towards the wall, an odd peaceful panic set in. I could not feel, but i wanted a way out, immensely. "A Prisoner's heart with no more purpose, Stopped to beat.". A Rusty knife appeared in my right hand. I felt my fingers grip around it and i swung it into my chest and felt my panic fade.

I woke up so strange after that dream, I did not feel like myself at all, and I couldn't sleep right for the rest of the night.
That's not the only dream I have like that I have had an endless array of dreams and thoughts like that before I sleep...
Usually I use them to add onto my horror writings.

Maybe my dream's are the result of too much tea. :laughing:

#14 ·
Thank you for that post Bago. I will try to remember those things when I encounter a similar situation again. :)

Wow NeonMaiden, that's pretty intense. (and don't worry i'm a infp newbie here too :p) I don't doubt you couldn't sleep well after that, wow. Atleast they're useful for your writing!
Also, too much tea?! Never!! haha

I love reading all these posts, keep them coming! Everyone and anything is welcome!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.