Personality Cafe banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm making a thread like this for every type, in an attempt to give everyone a clear perspective on the pros and cons of each type and to reduce several biases out there (INTJs are robots, Sensors are stupid, NFs are hippies, etc.) or any other biases you can think of.

So, What is the elevatorpitch for the INFP?

Try to keep it concise if you can and try to incorporate both pros and cons, to give a complete image of your type.

Good luck, and thanks in advance. ;)

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Original thinkers with 'what works best for all concerned" approach to problem solving. It is imperative to us that each individual is able to contribute his or her unique style in doing their job and that the guidelines allow for individual preferences to be accommodated in that process.

It is egregious to us, for example, that a person be reprimanded for not following procedure to the letter when that is not critical to the outcome of the effort that person is engaged in.

Conventional jobs requiring absolutely restrictive confines in terms of procedure are of little value to us and we do not recognize that as a valid job worthy of our attention. We will always try and improve procedures and eliminate monotonous repetition in the performance of that job.

Relationships require the same dedication to innovation, creativity, and the perpetual striving for improvement.

Oh, here's my floor. I have to get off now. Thanks for listening.

·
Plumcot
2,186 Posts
I'm not quite sure what you mean by this, but I'll certainly try my best to answer.
I do things how I want them done; no questions asked.
At the end of the day, it's me who can do that.
I guess you could say I'm determined or even bossy, at least that's what my family would describe me as.
But really, who -isn't- determined to get what they want?
As long as I don't hurt someone, I'll do what I want.

·
Registered
5,248 Posts
INFP - A private and personal empathetic idealist. Compassionate, sincere, and accepting. Emphasis on intrapersonal harmony and allowing each individual to flourish. Serious, conceptual thinkers; stubborn when it comes to ethics and right to individuality. Tend to struggle with direction and inertia, as well as unexpected fiery outbursts in response to perceived injustice. Often feel "a little different" and do best when they find unique niches that allow tolerance and even appreciation of their quirks. Probably tend to fail at pitches because not particularly inclined to promote themselves or to persuade others, though could be successful if driven by a value-based motivation.

I've not come across that word before, what's an elevatorpitch?
An elevator pitch, elevator speech, or elevator statement is a short summary used to quickly and simply define a profession, product, service, organization, or event and its value proposition. (Wikipedia)

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wikipedia: "An elevator pitch, elevator speech, or elevator statement is a short summary used to quickly and simply define a profession, product, service, organization, or event and its value proposition."
Thanks Angelfish :) The term originates from the art of defining your product or company to a venture capitalist when in an elevator with them, trying to be clear, concise and exciting to get funds for said product or company.

Also, it's two words; It's one word in my native language which is why I now have a spelling mistake slammed on PerC 32 times. *sigh*.

·
Registered
5,248 Posts
Thanks Angelfish :) The term originates from the art of defining your product or company to a venture capitalist when in an elevator with them, trying to be clear, concise and exciting to get funds for said product or company.

Also, it's two words; It's one word in my native language which is why I now have a spelling mistake slammed on PerC 32 times. *sigh*.
Lol, no worries, at least in the INFP thread! It's perfectly understandable as one word. As is, IMO, unsurprising for an INFP, I find you conveying a sincere question and interest in us/me more important than your exact words. Clearly you put genuine effort and thought into your post, regardless of how you fashioned the term.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Lol, no worries, at least in the INFP thread! It's perfectly understandable as one word. As is, IMO, unsurprising for an INFP, I find you conveying a sincere question and interest in us/me more important than your exact words. Clearly you put genuine effort and thought into your post, regardless of how you fashioned the term.
I know, I just try to pay attention to it when I can because some people are sticklers for spelling and such (I think the INTPs are too busy giving me flack for that on their elevator pitch :p)
Also, you remind me why I love you guys so much. You're so kind and you give such nice compliments and you're so genuine. :)
Sorry, I just love genuinely nice people :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.