Personality Cafe banner

241 - 260 of 1109 Posts

·
Banned
780 Posts
I dress pretty classic. I like to dress the way that is always in fashion and has been for 60 years. Nice leather boots, nice fitted jeans, and a nice t-shirt, usually white, gray, or black. I used to be trendy, but I realized so is everyone else, so I stopped trying to keep up, and rather dress in a way that will never go out of style. Ex. Marlon Brando, James Dean, Steve McQueen..etc.

Reactions: SophiaMarie

·
Registered
870 Posts
I can't seem to understand why people roll up their sleeves, so why do you roll them up? I mean, the only time I do it is when I do thedishes:laughing:, but people seem to have made a fashion out of it, like their are shirts you can buy wih sleeves already rolled up... If it's warm, why not get a shirt with short sleeves?

Well if you roll sleeves up they don't move around. And I tend to leave my zip half unzipped and I think it looks better with the sleeves rolled up. And really I just wear jackets because as I said, I hate wearing just t-shirts a lot of the time because I don't like my upper arms and I don't like the feel D=

I'm strange >_>

·
Registered
20 Posts
Because of my body type I hate picking out clothes (6' tall, 20# under avg weight, broad shoulders,almost square torso, no butt, too much leg). Cannot find clothes that fit right. Love wearing heals (since I already tower over most, what's another 2-3"?) but nothing is long enough so it's usually flats and tennies. Have to customize dresses since the hem is never in the right place or the waist is too wide because I had to by larger size to fit shoulders (and my fave, an empire cut, usually ends up across my breast instead of just below it). Made the joke in clothing store once, while trying on slacks, they were all an inch or two above the ankle... "whose idea of Tall is this... for asian women?" (then worried I may have offended someone by the stereotype)

Fortunately I work in an office where I have to look professional while being able to get dirty helping move stuff if needed, so a simple pair of khakis and a loose blouse are what I usually wear. Doesn't feel pretty but it serves the purpose.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Jackets. Must have jackets. Needed for when it gets cold. Needed to cover up how thin and weak I look. I'm not actually that weak, but since I'm rather tall I just look gangly usually. I like hoods as well - not that I'd actually wear it, just that there is something on my neck.

I also tend to roll my sleeves up because it makes me look stronger than I actually am. But then I feel embarrassed when they roll back down which highlights the point even more. That said, if I'm feeling unconcerned about what others think of me, a baggy t-shirt will suit me fine. I don't like to feel restricted by clothing. Bold colours as well.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Well if you roll sleeves up they don't move around. And I tend to leave my zip half unzipped and I think it looks better with the sleeves rolled up. And really I just wear jackets because as I said, I hate wearing just t-shirts a lot of the time because I don't like my upper arms and I don't like the feel D=

I'm strange >_>
You're not strange, you're you and that's what's important. It's normal to be different from me for example, I grew with different kinds of fashion and in a different culture and so on. Like you wouldn't expect an INFP rocker who enjoys death metal or whatever to wear the same as an INFP ummm...let's say...who loves pop music and kitties and wears only t-shirts with kitties.:laughing:

Not sure it's a good example butyou get my point. I like sports do most of my clothes are sporty, nothing really fancy and in the rare ocasions I dress up, I still wear something smart casual and not suits or whatever. Suits I only wear at weddings or if my job requires me too.

Jackets. Must have jackets. Needed for when it gets cold. Needed to cover up how thin and weak I look. I'm not actually that weak, but since I'm rather tall I just look gangly usually. I like hoods as well - not that I'd actually wear it, just that there is something on my neck.

I also tend to roll my sleeves up because it makes me look stronger than I actually am. But then I feel embarrassed when they roll back down which highlights the point even more. That said, if I'm feeling unconcerned about what others think of me, a baggy t-shirt will suit me fine. I don't like to feel restricted by clothing. Bold colours as well.

Well, as I said, there are shirts with sleeves already rolled up and strapped or something.:happy:

I think I have an issue with my hands too, I'm pretty skinny too, but I try to see the positive things about my looks and always remember that I want people to like me for my great personality and extremely kind heart and not my big muscles or something, so I still avoid clothes that show my arms too, but not that much.:unsure:

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have a classy retro taste in clothes. I do quite like fashion, as it helps acquaintances to get to know you a little better or it says something about you to people you'll never see again. So I try to dress nicely, but I don't go out of my way to look "cute" or whatever. I suppose it comes out naturally. :p

I'd take pictures of my wardrobe, but that's sorta weird and limited, so Anthropologie (even though it's quite pricey) or modcloth.com is a good site for me. I can see myself wearing pretty much any one of these dresses. I stick to skirts and dresses, as I live in a warmer climate and don't ever really need jeans.

Mod Retro Indie Clothing & Vintage Clothes :proud:

·
Registered
186 Posts
I have a problem with the word "fashion", makes me think of super-models, encouraging anorexia and grouop-thinking and making people believe they must spend lots of money to have brand name clothes.

I prefer to word "style", and I DO love to show my style and pick and combine clothes...When I'm at home I'm the sloppiest person you can meet, but when I go out I NEED to be perfect. Perfect in my own way, because for me dressing is a way to explain in simple terms who I am and which mood I'm in. I like to feel like I just stepped out of a picture. My mother sometimes tells me "you look fake!" which is a compliment, she means that I look, like a work of art not that I look unnatural.

My style went from post-goth with 1977's punk influences to more vintagey/indie. I used to wear almost always black, but getting older I introduced other colors in my palette.

posting pics later when i find them...

·
Registered
186 Posts
I have a classy retro taste in clothes. I do quite like fashion, as it helps acquaintances to get to know you a little better or it says something about you to people you'll never see again. So I try to dress nicely, but I don't go out of my way to look "cute" or whatever. I suppose it comes out naturally. :p

I'd take pictures of my wardrobe, but that's sorta weird and limited, so Anthropologie (even though it's quite pricey) or modcloth.com is a good site for me. I can see myself wearing pretty much any one of these dresses. I stick to skirts and dresses, as I live in a warmer climate and don't ever really need jeans.

Mod Retro Indie Clothing & Vintage Clothes :proud:
i adore the stuff that store sells, even though i never bought anything from them. usually my clothes are cheaper. they don't sell expensive clothes, only I buy really* cheap* clothes if I can. hand-me-downs, thrift stores, market stalls...
:happy:

·
Registered
98 Posts
My wardrobe is greatly lacking in variety. I have mostly plain shirts and some sports shirts that represent my favorite teams. For the most part i dont feel fufilled by expressing myself with clothing. I perfer doing so via involved conversations with people. One on one conversations for the most part.

·
Registered
431 Posts
I'll wear whatever looks good on me. I don't really care about the brand, but don't get me wrong I would take a Gucci or Red Monkey product in an instant. For the most part I guess you could say I dress like your typical Californian teen. Unless you live or been to California you won't know what I mean.

·
Registered
28 Posts
It sort of depends on the weather, but I usually wear a t-shirt, khaki shorts, and sandals. Kinda boring, but living near the beach simplified my whole wardrobe. When I have something important (i.e. a date, interview, speech in school) I usually wear jeans or slacks with a polo shirt. Nothing fancy, I don't put much emphasis on my dressing. I just try to match. :crazy: I'm usually wearing various necklaces and a silver watch as well.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I can't remember if I posted on this thread or not, but here goes:

I'm a very plain dresser; I only have some plain shirts, jeans and slacks. But I like to look sharp and smart. That's why I love autumn and winter: I can get away with wearing a suit any time I want to. Solid black suit or charcoal gray.

Hmm. I actually want a cravat.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well, frankly, I do not really think about it or complain if it is not fashionable, as long as I feel it good or averagely elegant is enough. Dark color is preferred.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
What is "vintage flair"... I dunno, I'm kind of tired of people trying painfully hard to be ~*~*indie*~*~.

To answer the question, I usually dress in either jeans or plaid pants and a long sleeve t-shirts :B My wardrobe is pretty bland. If I had more guts/didn't mind attention, maybe I'd dress like a toned down Lady Gaga.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Daily: I wear a pair of cargo pants and a T-shirt. The shirt cannot be blank, and cannot have the logo of some dumb business or place plastered all over the place (though it's alright if it's written small somewhere and I like the graphic on the shirt enough.) I wear running shoes and have messy, three-inch-long hair and a beard. My clothing is always either white or an earth-tone.

Fancy: I like to dress in things that are formal and a little bit out of the norm, though not completely wild - actually, relatively tame. I have been considering a suit with tails or a trench-coat for a long time now, and if I didn't have such a large head I'd wear hats on a regular basis (extra-large sized hats do not fit my head.) I'm fascinated by the formalwear of other cultures and times, and also enjoy dabbling in these things.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Jeans, and either type of shirt.

If I could get a black and green suit I'd wear that though.

Reactions: Makurokuro

·
Registered
432 Posts
I like to wear outfits that contradict themselves.

For example, a fancy beaded top-thing and yoga pants.
Or a fancy dress and a bomber jacket and boots.
Or a "Communism = Death" t-shirt with a linen skirt.

Most of the time though, I dress for comfort.
I have an unhealthy addiction to yoga pants. At least I can somewhat pull them off.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
*sighs* Male athletic/t-shirt, women's flare jeans, men's Nikes. Sometimes I do slightly nicer and wear pinstriped pants, male/female button-up shirt/vest, and the Nikes. lol. The Nikes are the only shoes I have.

241 - 260 of 1109 Posts