·
Cafe Legend and MOTM Jan 2011
15,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Okay, now I'm addicted to that site.

·
MOTM Dec 2011
8,651 Posts
I prefer looklet to polyvore. Basically in looklet you assemble outfits on a model.
I will check that site out also...like I need another addiction :tongue:.

Thank you. I like your first set, and it looks very nice. =] I actually don't make sets on Polyvore and save 596859685 items.
I'm making collages now more than I am picking out my dream wardrobe. Some of it I wouldn't even wear...it's just a visual concept I'm developing, hehe.

You can't really see the shoes.. they're just white sandles though.
I love the dress...I love really girly, retro dresses like that :happy:

Okay, now I'm addicted to that site.
I am sooo addicted to polyvore now. I'm like, "one more set before I go to bed!" :tongue:

·
Banned
1,526 Posts
Thrift store, has to be something I won't see anyone else wearing. I hate outfits, got to be pulled together entirely of my own doing. Mainly black and gray and jeans. I love hats and scarves. I don't feel like I live up to my clothing potential, partially I think because of the 5w4 situation. I don't want to draw too much attention to myself, so I kind of wear mildly-boring, mildly conservative Audrey Hepburn-meets-hipster clothes, if that makes any sense. In an altered universe, I would wear totally crazy avant-garde stuff, present myself as an art exhibit. Actually, in my internal fantasy land, I wear the coolest shit.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Wellio, people have told me that they like/love my fashion sense because it's a bit quirky or different but that sounds a bit pretentious. Those people had a fine fashion sense themselves too. :crazy:

I usually wear floral patterns and I like vintage-inspired patterns/designs. In a nutshell, I like to wear pretty clothes but not clothes that are too feminine. On days where I feel a bit plain, I usually wear plain clothes such as denim shorts with a grey shirt. I also hate wearing jeans because I think they make me look weird.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I love fashion and expressing my inner world through my style. I used to obsess over picking out my first-day-of-school outfit in elementary and middle school!

I subscribe to Vogue and love getting inspired by the photo shoots, but my favorite thing to do is to make my own personal lookbooks on style.com--you get to handpick runway images and make your own collection of images that define your style. As an INFP it's really fun for me...choosing what to put in my lookbook by using my natural ability of instinctively knowing, "that's me, that's not me." I think fashion for INFPs--whether you like wearing all black, bright colors, or something else--has so much to do with an emotional connection or creative expression and not labels or logos that other more status-driven types might find important. Even for the INFPs who like designer fashion (like me), I think we're attracted more to the designer's aesthetic/story and what that means to us, and less to the sheer name.

I like my style to be very whimsical and feminine. Here are some images I like:

·
MOTM Dec 2011
8,651 Posts
I don't feel like I live up to my clothing potential, partially I think because of the 5w4 situation. I don't want to draw too much attention to myself, so I kind of wear mildly-boring, mildly conservative Audrey Hepburn-meets-hipster clothes, if that makes any sense. In an altered universe, I would wear totally crazy avant-garde stuff, present myself as an art exhibit. Actually, in my internal fantasy land, I wear the coolest shit.
Same here. I would wear more avant-garde stuff if it wouldn't draw so much attention. If I lived in a city, I think I'd feel more free because people tend to mind their own business more & are not shocked easily. In the suburbs & the small town I live in, even when I wear something mildly unusual, people stare too much. I just don't like being gawked at....and the quirky stuff I wear is far from bizarre. I still have the guts to wear certain things that garner attention, and then I just try and ignore it....

Wellio, people have told me that they like/love my fashion sense because it's a bit quirky or different but that sounds a bit pretentious.
Yeah, I also always feel pretentious when describing my style :crazy: :laughing:

I subscribe to Vogue and love getting inspired by the photo shoots, but my favorite thing to do is to make my own personal lookbooks on style.com--you get to handpick runway images and make your own collection of images that define your style. As an INFP it's really fun for me...choosing what to put in my lookbook by using my natural ability of instinctively knowing, "that's me, that's not me." I think fashion for INFPs--whether you like wearing all black, bright colors, or something else--has so much to do with an emotional connection or creative expression and not labels or logos that other more status-driven types might find important. Even for the INFPs who like designer fashion (like me), I think we're attracted more to the designer's aesthetic/story and what that means to us, and less to the sheer name.
Definitely. And man....another fashion site for me to get addicted to :tongue:. I'm on the looklet bandwagon now :laughing:.... On both polyvore & looklet I'm coming up with concepts as much or more than building dream wardrobes though. I'm almost creating stories/characters with the outfits/collages I'm putting together. Some of it looks like stuff I do wear, some of it I would wear if I had the guts to (or the life to....I don't have the money or stamina to go out at night much) and some of it are just ideas I'm exploring.

That's also how I tend to respond to fashion designers - even if it's not my personal taste, I can appreciate their viewpoint and the story they are telling. Sometimes I almost create characters when I dress myself, but it's still a side of me, not a costume.

·
Banned
4,508 Posts
.... Ima find me an infp girl

·
Banned
3,417 Posts
My infp gf has a great sense of fashion

Look at her minnie mouse hoody xD

She always has nice scarves

And nice, different tops

Nice hair (if you count that as fasion)

Once again cool hoodies

Nice jackets and different tops.

You can see her cool top better in this one.

She always has little animations in her clothes, so cute :proud:

Well, we dared her to put on this jacket, but still, she still looks good in it :tongue:

She really has her own sense of style and that's hard for a teenager. Even emos (the "outcasts", the "different ones") all dress the same but she really stands out.

This goes for all infps from what I can see, you foppish guys :cool:

She is so much fun to shop with too.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I live in my pajamas at home. At school a t-shirt, hoody or sweater(rarely), and jeans. On the days I feel randomly happy though I've been known to apparently show some style!:shocked: Today was one of those days. :cool:

34 Posts
My own experience has been that I don't really buy 'fashionable clothes', but more than the clothes I wear reflect my own values and the things that I am really into - e.g. the outdoors. I also value freedom and flexibility, so I only bought my first suit last week for a client that demands you were super smart clothes. I have resisted for as long as possible!

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
I bought this top today <3

And this necklace

Clothes and shoes devour 90% of my salary O_O

To me, appearing how I feel is very important. One one hand, I know that spending so much money on clothes is sort of pointless. But on the other, I feel insecure if I don't wear clothes that reflect my headspace. If I went out in sweatpants and a singlet, I would feel like rubbish. On bad days, if I wear my nicest clothes, I feel a little better. I suppose it's superficial, but oh well... I feel like it's a self respect thing. I take lots of care with my clothes for the same reason that I eat well and avoid fast food.

Ok, I'm rambling *creeps away*

·
Registered
331 Posts
I change my clothes all the time but never actually feel uncomfortable with them, I base my clothing after the mood I am in at the time (only pictures of me)

·
Registered
65 Posts
I'm usually very fashionable, and I stick out from the average bear.
I've yet to have seen anybody dress exactly like me.
My closet consists of: mainly two toned contrasting colored shirts, etc (ex.- blue and pink, green and purple), and a lot of black and white colored clothes.
I tend wear contrasting colors in a matching manner, if that makes sense. =P
I like a lot of accessories.
More recently I've started to fancy comfy clothing, while still remaining fashionable.
Being fashionable isn't absolutely a necessity to me, just a way of expressing my creativity.
I don't do it for shock value.
Yet I'm not usually very timid about standing out.
I most commonly pick out my clothes on a whim, how I'm feeling that day, etc.
I used to not really care much about fashion, but one day I just took a liking to it... don't really know. =P
I probably wouldn't have near as much clothing though if it weren't for having a discount from working in retail.
I go crazy bargain shopping, haha. XD ;/

·
Registered
65 Posts
How I dress also reflects my level of self respect. In some odd way, I feel that I should try to not only be good on the inside, but on the outside as well. I want to feel approachable by others, and in an overly judging world, or at least for my age group, high school, you are less likely to look approachable if you fail in matters of self hygiene, etc.
I can relate to those who don't care much about how they look though, as deep down I truly feel that it shouldn't matter.
I used wear sweatpants everyday, and I wasn't approachable at all it seemed like, and lacked essential social skills. I really hardly ever talked to anyone outside of my house, and even then I was a little awkward. Well... awkward-er. =P
At this point in time though, I like fashion, and I feel it's important to support positive things in which you like.
So 90% of my paycheck probably goes to clothes, too.
I concur with DanseMacabre. =)

P.S.- I really like the top and necklace. o_O
If I were a girl, I would wear that. =P
It's pretty. =)

·
Registered
588 Posts
pretty much my reply from the other thread:

i used to dress much more eccentrically but now my sense of style's sort of morphed into fuck-it-i-don't-care, though i do still tend to dress according to my mood. i want my clothes to be comfortable and i've never matched a day in my life. most often i'm in skinny jeans, canvas flats/converses and some colourful airy shirt with an open round neckline. i have an unhealthy amount of band shirts and place shirts. i like greens. i like simple stripes. i like corduroy for some reason. i like contrast in fit and texture. i like 50s housewife type skirts. i have a black cardigan i wear to death. i like as little makeup as humanly possible. i like simple ethnic bracelets. like made of string or hemp. maybe an interesting headband. peacoat for coffee, hoodie for beach bonfires. generally, whatever works.

41 - 60 of 1109 Posts