Personality Cafe banner

61 - 80 of 1109 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
I bought this top today <3

Clothes and shoes devour 90% of my salary O_O

To me, appearing how I feel is very important. One one hand, I know that spending so much money on clothes is sort of pointless. But on the other, I feel insecure if I don't wear clothes that reflect my headspace. If I went out in sweatpants and a singlet, I would feel like rubbish. On bad days, if I wear my nicest clothes, I feel a little better. I suppose it's superficial, but oh well... I feel like it's a self respect thing. I take lots of care with my clothes for the same reason that I eat well and avoid fast food.

Ok, I'm rambling *creeps away*
I am just like you, If I don't wear cute/nice clothes I feel like crap and have a bad day.

And if my hair is greasy or my I look tired, I also have a bad day.

It's important to me to feel good on the outside.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Leggings paired with shirts and printed tights is a common occurrence in my wardrobe as is the shade of black. I am not sure why black is so common in my closet, but it is! It is not as if I purposely pick black items. It just so happens that black clothes always end-up fitting me best. Jewel tones are my favorites; deep violet, sapphire, emerald, ruby, and burgundy, because they tend to draw me out in a complimentary way, where as paler colors tend to wash me away into oblivion (though, I love aged-off-white-cream-colors). I am drawn to clothing that has a late Victorian or Edwardian feel to it coupled with modern style. I like lace, ribbons, ruffles, and flower-corsage-pins.

Hello. Hyggelig å trefess!
Here is a picture of me I took on my birthday wearing standard royal garb. A sample of my very best fashion.
(I hope having a birthday is an acceptable excuse for the ridiculous crown I am wearing.)
It was a Happy Birthday I visited butterflies in the Botanical Garden, where I live.

Wearing my favorite gauzy-purple-shawl with a little, gold, fairy pattern.
(Probably the only picture here not taken from a mirror image.)
I do not know. Sometimes, I just do feel motivated enough to bother to set my timer, not for messing around, and taking dumb pictures of myself.

One of the reasons, is that my camera is-anything-but-adept at capturing detail at a distance,
which allows me to capture soft-scenery perfectly, but not very high-definition pictures of people.
Not that it is exactly always a bad feature.
Some cameras have too high of a definition, but I think there should be a happy balance somewhere between distorted or blurry
and being able to see every pore on someone's face!
My 1930's hat. It comes in handy on bad hair days, which happen often for me.

Here I am as some kind of tiny-eyed-mole-creature and posing with a gigantic art book I received!

Hi, from inside my messy INFP-Fashion-Headquarters! This is my favorite dress.
(Aside from a purple one I own that reminds me a little of something I imagine Alice would wear from Alice's Adventure's in Wonderland in its shape and fit).

Goodbye! See ya around.

·
Registered
68 Posts
ha, like most INFPS I like to wear black..simply because..its simple! But I have been adding some greens and browns to my wardrobe. Band t-shirts are my thing, I have a tons, and are currently the only tees I wear :p. I like scarfs,and have some fingerless gloves i wear from time to time. Thrift stores are good place to find cheap and comfortable clothing indeed :D

·
Registered
151 Posts
I'm not the most fashionable guy, and I hate shopping. The first thing I look for is something that is well made. I normally shop Banana Republic for work. And when I'm out I wear dark bluejeans and a printed t-shirt, If it is cold I'll throw a long sleeve t-shirt or long underwear underneath.

I also think a woman is her most attractive when she isn't trying to be. There is nothing sexier than a woman with no make-up, windblown hair, and a natural comfortable smile.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Clothes and shoes devour 90% of my salary O_O

To me, appearing how I feel is very important. One one hand, I know that spending so much money on clothes is sort of pointless. But on the other, I feel insecure if I don't wear clothes that reflect my headspace. If I went out in sweatpants and a singlet, I would feel like rubbish. On bad days, if I wear my nicest clothes, I feel a little better. I suppose it's superficial, but oh well... I feel like it's a self respect thing. I take lots of care with my clothes for the same reason that I eat well and avoid fast food.

Ok, I'm rambling *creeps away*
Too bad you have to eat, imagine if you would have been able to spend the other 10% too...:laughing:I do agree that taking care of oneself is a positive thing for self esteem, although...I think you are a little bit overdoing it.:happy: (and I eat well too and void fast-food too) I don't know, I don't really buy clothes, don't really invest in my image, I do it from time to time, but don't have many options though. I may be an idealist (no, really?:laughing:) but I prefer to try to sweap girls of their feet withmy witty remarks, charming humour and great personality. :laughing: Seriously, I want people to like me for my personality, I think we all do.

In general I prefer to buy things that are built well, look good and use them till they fall apart, I'm also a bit sentimental, I still have many clothes from high-school and faculty, like 10-13 years ago and I enjoy so much wearing them. Whenever I feel sad, I put on these clothes and I feel like in high-school again when I had no problems, no worries.:laughing: I would say 10% or less of my salary goes to clothes and the rest goes to experiencing new things, be it in pubs with friends, themed bistros, theaters, vacations, trips, movies or music.(I'm not counting here money needed to sustain myself) Last year I bought some things that I felt I needed and mostly because I saw some really nice and interesting things ( I always wanted a shirt that was built to be in tune with the body, instead of straight lines, to have curves, thiner in the middle, larger in the rest). I also bought a sweater like that too and liked it because its' also funny and I like to have lots of fun, so I thought it suits me. I have pictures on my profile here, but I'll also post them later when I'll get home.

So, mostly casual clothes, at work I used to have to wear suits, ties, I really hated that, suits should only be worn on weddings and maybe not even than.:laughing: Now the work environment is more informal, so I can dress lets say smart-casual though some colleagues come casual.

Most of the times when I go out you would see me in a t-shirt, blue jeans or casual pants and either a sweater or something similar. So I mostly dress casual maybe a little sporty sometimes, because I like to walk alot and play sports whenever I can.

Colours, mostly cream, brown, blue shirts or t-shirts (my favourite colour, it's so dreamy, but I woul look weird only in blue :laughing:), some black, but I generally like light colours because I thinks it makes me happier, don't really like flashycolours (you won't se red or orange on my and definately not pink, I don't care if it's in fashion like I couldn't care less that purple is this year). I also have a grey t-shirt I really like...I would say I could fit all my clothes in 1-2 suitcases, so that I thinks says alot.:laughing:

Ohand it generally takes me alot to get in line with new trends when it comes to my look, with other things I have no problems, but with this...maybe because it's a part of my personality and I am reticent to changes when it comes to this.:happy: Here's an example, I saw most people wear scarfs around their neck or to keep them worn and there is some new way of doing that by putting the scarf outandwitha special node....totally reject that as it is new and I never did it before.:laughing: In fact I prefer long necked sweaters, as I have a nice long neck and it goes great.

PS: I also always liked to save money, to have as backup in case I really needed them, never been much of a spender.:laughing:

Edit : And I agree with vastcat...except for Banana Republic, I don't know what the is, but I do like natural looks, it's the one that gets me attracted to someone on a deeper level. Flashy looks only arouse some sexual interest, but that's all and I am really not the type to put much energy in pursuing someone like that.

@ murderregina : I love the stripped one, keep wearing it :laughing:, it's so '80, a bit retro, makes me dream about that period. (but yes, somecolours would go well too, but I think black and white is a libra thing :laughing:)

Reactions: murderegina

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
I don't know, I don't really buy clothes, don't really invest in my image, I do it from time to time, but don't have many options though. I may be an idealist (no, really?:laughing:) but I prefer to try to sweap girls of their feet withmy witty remarks, charming humour and great personality. :laughing: Seriously, I want people to like me for my personality, I think we all do.
Indeed ^_^

I also dress the way I do because I think it will attract the "right" kind of person. If I see a well dressed person on the street, I am curious. If I see someone wearing a shirt that supports a band or movie that I love, then I feel a silly sort of connection.

I can't be bothered conversing with people who think I'm weird (In the bad way), so I think that if I wear EXACTLY what I want, then the kind of person who is offended or scared by me will stay away and spare us both the trouble of having to talk to each other before we find out that we have nothing in common. So it's also a defense. To be even more honest, I hope that if I dress well enough, guys will overlook the fact that I'm not stunningly pretty. I'm compensating. There =O One of my deepest insecurities. I'll run away now! :blushed:

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Indeed ^_^

To be even more honest, I hope that if I dress well enough, guys will overlook the fact that I'm not stunningly pretty. I'm compensating. There =O One of my deepest insecurities. I'll run away now! :blushed:
I'm sure we all have moments when we feel a little bit like that deep down inside, when I was your age I think I had many insecurities as well, so really, it's normal for a teenager.:happy: In time and with many experiences, you learn many important lessons including how to deal with them. There will be moments in any person's life when you will feel so much pain and suffering that will burn itself into your heart and mind, only to revive from the ashes (like the phoenix bird) to a new state of being, with much more balance in your life and you will see than that all these things that you felt insecure are actually not that important. That and the fact that many things you are scared now, you will go eventually through them and will not scare you that much after you do them.

Oh and yeah, I guess weare all beautifull in our own way and how we dress extends our personality.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Indeed ^_^

I also dress the way I do because I think it will attract the "right" kind of person. If I see a well dressed person on the street, I am curious. If I see someone wearing a shirt that supports a band or movie that I love, then I feel a silly sort of connection.

I always felt too embarrassed to admit that to myself. But alas, me too!!! Ugh. Has it worked for you yet? It hasn't for me.... Maybe we're doin' it wrong. Hm...

·
Registered
494 Posts
I wear mostly band t shirts with either a long sleeved plaid shirt or cardigan over the top, jeans and dunlop pumps. I basically dress like Kurt Cobain and have done so since I was about 16 and really got into Nirvana. I do wash my hair reguarly though so Im not 'authentic' grunge.:wink:

Comfortable clothes that are durable and value for money are what I like most. I can dress up though when I want to. For that I normally wear a button up shirt, waistcoat, a nice pair of black trousers and black shoes.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
I wear mostly band t shirts with either a long sleeved plaid shirt or cardigan over the top, jeans and dunlop pumps. I basically dress like Kurt Cobain and have done so since I was about 16 and really got into Nirvana. I do wash my hair reguarly though so Im not 'authentic' grunge.:wink:

Comfortable clothes that are durable and value for money are what I like most. I can dress up though when I want to. For that I normally wear a button up shirt, waistcoat, a nice pair of black trousers and black shoes.
I think it's so alluring when men rock this style.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I did not care much about fashion until I entered university, where I somehow ended up in a chic-popular-avant-garde circle of friends. I started to appreciate fashion as an art form in itself, and to put some thought in the things I wear.

I like to invest a lot of time in every new garment I buy. Usually months pass between the thought "I should really get a new shirt" and the actual purchase of a new shirt. Then I wear it until the colors are all bleached away and the buttons have fallen off - appropriate it if you will.

Here's a picture of a scarf I'm currently making, gives you an idea of the colors I like.

·
Registered
494 Posts
I think it's so alluring when men rock this style.
Are you referring to the grunge type style or what I refer to as my 'making an effort' style.

Generally my idea of making an effort consists entirely of wearing a shirt with a collar on it and not wearing pumps.:laughing:

Reactions: susurration

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
I love the scarf Oliver!

I always felt too embarrassed to admit that to myself. But alas, me too!!! Ugh. Has it worked for you yet? It hasn't for me.... Maybe we're doin' it wrong. Hm...
Who knows if it's worked? I have no idea. Sometimes I try to compensate by being very slim and when people compliment me on that, I like to think that they're too distracted by my weight to notice me! But I'm not anorexic or anything... I'd never want to be either, because I like having boobs xD

I'm sure we all have moments when we feel a little bit like that deep down inside, when I was your age I think I had many insecurities as well, so really, it's normal for a teenager.:happy: In time and with many experiences, you learn many important lessons including how to deal with them. There will be moments in any person's life when you will feel so much pain and suffering that will burn itself into your heart and mind, only to revive from the ashes (like the phoenix bird) to a new state of being, with much more balance in your life and you will see than that all these things that you felt insecure are actually not that important. That and the fact that many things you are scared now, you will go eventually through them and will not scare you that much after you do them.

Oh and yeah, I guess weare all beautifull in our own way and how we dress extends our personality.
Yes, I sometimes I remember that me worrying about my appearance is ok because everyone does. Whenever I see anyone with plastic surgery I feel better, because I know that I'll never want that.

And so I don't fill this up with a wall of text, here's the skirt I just bought. I love purple <3

Reactions: Linnifae and snail

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Are you referring to the grunge type style or what I refer to as my 'making an effort' style.

Generally my idea of making an effort consists entirely of wearing a shirt with a collar on it and not wearing pumps.:laughing:

I'm refering to everything you said, all-encompassingly. Does it really matter about the details...I mean either way you and the word alluring were used in the same sentence. :wink:

Who knows if it's worked? I have no idea. Sometimes I try to compensate by being very slim and when people compliment me on that, I like to think that they're too distracted by my weight to notice me! But I'm not anorexic or anything... I'd never want to be either, because I like having boobs xD
You don't need to compensate at all...the purple will do it for you because purple is the best color....ever. The End.

·
Registered
494 Posts
I'm refering to everything you said, all-encompassingly. Does it really matter about the details...I mean either way you and the word alluring were used in the same sentence. :wink:
Ooohh stop it.:blushed:

Reactions: murderegina
61 - 80 of 1109 Posts