Personality Cafe banner

81 - 100 of 1109 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
I paint my shoes and the rest I just...I don't have very many clothes. My parents tell me every so often to spend a lot of money on clothes, and I say I will, but I'm happy in my jeans. I steal jumpers from my dad's wardrobe and I buy t shirts and bras and things at Topshop and places like that. I don't put a lot of effort into dressing because I don't care about what I look like. Since I look down a lot, I see my feet in their shoes, so I want them to look nice. But otherwise- I don't dress for other people.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I typically wear a good amount of black (mostly in winter though).

My favorite t-shirts have some sort of cool design on them and are really hard to find. Some of them are band t-shirts, others are just really artsy looking. I occasionally wear a fitted button down shirt. I usually wear jeans unless I'm at work.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I like buttons in strange places, big stitching, and chopping up my t shirts before sewing them back up :tongue:
Polka dots and bold colors <3
I don't wear jeans that often.... I wear a lot of dresses, skirts, and leggings with long shirts. If I do wear pants they're usually not regular jean colored type pants.

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
I dress in cargo pants, a t-shirt and (a lot of the time) a hoody. Mostly plain colors, nothing too bright so as to not attract attention to myself.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I like to wear a lot of rich,deep colors-especially purples, blues, reds and greens.
The other clothes I wear have really muted cooler colors. I have really fair skin, brown hair, and blue eyes. Warmer colors-yellows, tans, and oranges would look pretty ridiculous on me. I can hold my own with red though. I definitely have a lot of black things, but I usually wear them with at least a bit of color. Design-wise my shirts are either pretty plain or have a really unique pattern/design. I think I like more basic clothes though because that leaves me more room to pair them with other things in unique ways.

I wear layers often. Not so many that I start to look like a walking pile of laundry though. They have to start and stop in all the right spots. I think in some way I associate adding more layers with hiding parts of identity from others. Weird. I don't think that's the reason I do it, but it seems like that feeling is there sometimes. If I could, I'd probably wear fall clothing all year-round. I also like longer shirts and things that drape. I try to look semi-dressy but comfortable. I like wearing scarves, necklaces, and bracelets. I seem to be really picky about the jewelry though.

·
Registered
168 Posts
i love looking nice but i have to be comfortable. i don't go too much for tight and stiff, though i do have some of that. I prefer flowy fabrics and i like a romantic lood but not too frilly. my shoes are usually fashionable but flat. can't wear heels very well. feel like an idiot in them. after a while i take heels off and go barefoot.

·
Registered
5 Posts
vintage! classic! european! i really try to stay away from whats trendy at the moment especially those shirts that highly resemble potato sacks. ahaha!:tongue:

·
Registered
177 Posts
Sometmes I want to create my own identity through my clothes, but I go through so many phases I can't ever decide what I want t portray through my clothing. I get really obsessed about a look for a few weeks, then get tied of it. It is a trait of INFPs no? We get bored with stuff easily.
I know EXACTLY what you mean, my dress sense seems to be getting edgier but not because i'm necessarily trying to make a statement but simply because I get bored with trends easily. So I guess thats why I tend to just buy stuff and want to buy more and more (i'm glad I have a lot of self restraint) . I think this happens generally with most things with me, we just want to have as many different experiences as we possibly can but sometimes go a bit on the obsessive side ;)

·
Registered
84 Posts
I know EXACTLY what you mean, my dress sense seems to be getting edgier but not because i'm necessarily trying to make a statement but simply because I get bored with trends easily. So I guess thats why I tend to just buy stuff and want to buy more and more (i'm glad I have a lot of self restraint) . I think this happens generally with most things with me, we just want to have as many different experiences as we possibly can but sometimes go a bit on the obsessive side ;)
I know what you mean. I wish I had tonnes of money, coz I like wearing something for a while, then I hardly feel like wearing it anymore after four or five times! Even though when I bought it I thought I looked stylin'. Its funny how our minds abuse us sometimes! I wish my brain was more sedate :laughing:

·
Registered
177 Posts
I know what you mean. I wish I had tonnes of money, coz I like wearing something for a while, then I hardly feel like wearing it anymore after four or five times! Even though when I bought it I thought I looked stylin'. Its funny how our minds abuse us sometimes! I wish my brain was more sedate :laughing:
Yes, I always think i'm being superficial and dumb when I want to have lots of money but I dunno I just like the thought of getting new things - usually obsess over it for a few weeks and that hate it. But always keep it "just in case" And I wish that too, sometimes my brain thinks so fast I can't even keep up and over the most stupid things too along with imagining different situations arising... And people think I am so chilled out on the outside haha

·
Registered
205 Posts

I finished the scarf yesterday, and here's what it looks like on me. The t-shirt is from a brand called the Imaginary Foundation. It has a print on the back which says "the power of imagination makes us infinite". About as INFP as clothing gets. The jacket belongs to my dad who likes golf. I don't, haha. I got it for the colors. I try not to waste too much money on new clothes these days - second hand is where it's at.

If you see me somewhere wearing these clothes, feel free to say hello. There is an especially high chance of finding me this march in Tokyo. :wink:

·
Registered
241 Posts
I wear sweatshirts and t-shirts. I find I wear a lot of red and blue... and Vikings purple. I like to show off my patriotism and team spirit. ^_^

·
Registered
58 Posts
Sometmes I want to create my own identity through my clothes, but I go through so many phases I can't ever decide what I want t portray through my clothing. I get really obsessed about a look for a few weeks, then get tied of it. It is a trait of INFPs no? We get bored with stuff easily.

I do the same thing and agree with you both. After a month or two not buying any new clothes i get frustrated because i don't feel my clothes express the"real me". Same goes for music - I might be in love with a band, then I order their CD and when it arrives after a couple of days I find that I'm tired of them already. It's quite frustrating!

I finished the scarf yesterday, and here's what it looks like on me. The t-shirt is from a brand called the Imaginary Foundation. It has a print on the back which says "the power of imagination makes us infinite". About as INFP as clothing gets. The jacket belongs to my dad who likes golf. I don't, haha. I got it for the colors. I try not to waste too much money on new clothes these days - second hand is where it's at.

If you see me somewhere wearing these clothes, feel free to say hello. There is an especially high chance of finding me this march in Tokyo. :wink:
Dude, that is one awesome tee!

·
MOTM Dec 2011
8,651 Posts
Yes, I always think i'm being superficial and dumb when I want to have lots of money but I dunno I just like the thought of getting new things - usually obsess over it for a few weeks and that hate it. But always keep it "just in case" And I wish that too, sometimes my brain thinks so fast I can't even keep up and over the most stupid things too along with imagining different situations arising... And people think I am so chilled out on the outside haha
I NEED novelty. I am not static, so my physical appearance cannot be either. I get bored fast with my clothes too & love the feeling of a brand new outfit. Since I'm broke right now, I've tried to adopt a mentality of "shopping in my own closet" (I have TONS of clothes), and finding new ways to wear old things, so it FEELS new. It's also a good creative challenge :happy:.

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
I NEED novelty. I am not static, so my physical appearance cannot be either. I get bored fast with my clothes too & love the feeling of a brand new outfit. Since I'm broke right now, I've tried to adopt a mentality of "shopping in my own closet" (I have TONS of clothes), and finding new ways to wear old things, so it FEELS new. It's also a good creative challenge :happy:.
I've been doing this too! I used to have a nice paying job (that I hated) and I would go shopping on my lunch hour to survive the day. Then I got laid off....and can't afford to go shopping anymore. I have so many things I love, buy...then never wear. I've been digging out all of those things lately, many that I forgot I even had! I found a few things the other day that still had price tags on them....good as new! :laughing:

81 - 100 of 1109 Posts