·
Registered
1,360 Posts
To be honest I think im the odd duck out
I really like fashion and objects
I also like ideas e.c.t
but I like both
both is good

I really haven't come up with a style yet though but I kinda realized I like buying at macys
and If I was made of money I would probably buy like those eco friendly clothes

I like bubbly edgy and silly looking clothes
but also like trench coats I have a Calvin clein one
I really like berets
I also like overalls and overall dress
and I like silly quote shirts
ridiculously frilly or childish dresses
I like multicolored clothes
I like stuff with nasa or space on it but bold which is hard to get.
I wanna try compression shirts.
I like bright or creme colors
I like punk looking clothes
I like fandom shirts
I like elegant sophisticated clothes
I like certain pjs

I am trying to play with this though
to create a more sophisticated(then before but sometimes very) and adult look but also very playful and fun

Reactions: Fadingspark

·
Premium Member
15,194 Posts
I'm not into fashion but I'm back in this thread (after posts in 2010? *forgets*) to say if I was a young 18 year old girl, I'd hide my body with baggy clothes. I :heart:, absolutely :heart::heart::heart:, Billie Eilish and how she wears her clothes and I love her hair colors.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I love fashion. I booked a few sessions with a lovely styling consultant (ISFJ) in January who analyzed my hair, skin and eye color and helped me to find the cuts, materials, colors and color combinations that suit me best. She worked in the movie industry before and also taught me how to do my make-up which is great since I hadn't a clue before. We INFPs love authenticity and value individuality. I booked the consultation because I noticed that everyone on the street is dressed the same. They love the same colors (typically black and other dark colors, white, maybe red and the women love often pastel tones) and the clothing style that is heavily influenced by current trends here in Germany. Everyone here is dressed very sportily and, especially in winter, looks like they are just ready to go on the next ski camp :eek: That does not work for everyone. I noticed that I look awful in pastels and black and finally was completely fed up with being overwhelmed online or in stores and not knowing what to pick. Overall, I do believe that fashion is something very personal for the INFP. We like to express our true personality through fashion and love to show who we really are. Contrary to the description that INFPs are fashionable hippies, I can not find myself in it. The older I get, the more I love classic and feminine clothes with good quality and no brand logo on them (I'm not a walking commercial for brands). I also do not follow every trend but learned to choose wisely what suits me best. Coco Chanel put it nicely when she said: "The best color in the whole world is the one that looks good on you".

Reactions: mushr00m and Pippi

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
I'm not that big into fashion. I'm the casual type. Not so casual that I wear sweat pants anywhere but around the house, but I don't care to dress up in the conventional sense. I often have to wear business attire for day job, but have managed to only wear a tie once in the last five years.

But, when I do dress up to go out, it's usually jeans, button up plaid or western design shirt, and my goat skin boots. I will admit that I fell in love with these boots and it's the most I ever spent on an item of clothing since I used to buy suits for interviews over a decade ago. I had buyer's remorse right after doing it, but gotta admit I love those boots.

Aside from that I wear henley shirts like @L P, or black t-shirts, flannel shirts or hiking sweaters in the coldest part of winter, jeans, hiking shoes(I keep my newest pair clean for everyday wear, until trail ones wear out). Summer shorts are usually cargo.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I love a good well fitting turtleneck jumper in the cooler seasons. I find they reflect what an educated dream world INFP is: Understated but bold & refined. I have blue eyes so I tend to wear blue or dark grey ones.
As I work in an office environment, they go well with a blazer/suit.

I also love chunky boots or male ankle boots with zips/straps.

·
Registered
477 Posts
I have never been without a pair of Vans Sk8 hi/mid trainers of some colour or description for the past 35 years. which must be at least 30 pairs over that time... I have just always loved the way they look, though there pretty hard on the feet and wear out quickly.
Wear something long enough and it comes back in fashion.

My current pair
vans sk8.jpg

My look is kinda street casual, a mixture of skate / surf / outdoorsy, Not that I really partake in any of them activities. Maybe my style is more culture based than fashion.
I sometimes wonder whether I'm getting a lil old for this look, but then again its what I'm comfortable in.

·
Registered
5,822 Posts
Dollskill boots I just ordered. X_X I'm weak (and a little buzzed.) But these are amazing!!!! And I'd been looking at them for a long time so I knew I really wanted them.

Screenshot_20200313-064637.jpg

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'd describe my style as 'plain but alternative clothing that stands out just the right amount'. I like clean lines and simple silhouettes. It's a touch punkish here and there ie. ripped jeans, band t shirts, Doc Martens, studded chokers etc. When I dress up I tend to go girly, with short skirts, cute barrettes and outsized pastel-coloured jumpers. I also like floaty dresses and flower crowns. I used to be really experimental with clothes; wearing battered top hats and tailcoats, or experimenting with Lolita fashion. As I've gotten older I've lost my confidence and have tried to blend into the background. It's a resolution of mine to get back into weird clothes.

That being said: being stuck inside due to the Coronavirus is making me wonder if I'm ever going to wear anything other than pyjamas ever again...

·
Registered
5,822 Posts
EDIT (the burger shoes were what I wanted but they were too expensive:)

Ended up getting these Vans off of Depop just now. Only $45 with no shipping, barely used. I'd never bought anything off of there before but the seller seemed reliable, had a lot of followers and sold items. So excited.

IMG_20200501_233014_313.jpg

Attachments

1101 - 1109 of 1109 Posts