Personality Cafe banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had any experience with this?

Can anyone please explain the pros and the cons please? Thank you.

·
Banned
3,600 Posts
Gets along pretty well. Affection isn't hard to come by. Sex is usually pretty good. Kinda lacking in the "get someplace in life" area. INFP sometimes wants someone more "take charge." INFJ sometimes wants someone more nurturing. Someone would have to be delegated the "man of the house" for practical matters, or find a way to divide them up.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Gets along pretty well. Affection isn't hard to come by. Sex is usually pretty good. Kinda lacking in the "get someplace in life" area. INFP sometimes wants someone more "take charge." INFJ sometimes wants someone more nurturing. Someone would have to be delegated the "man of the house" for practical matters, or find a way to divide them up.
Thank you! It's pretty funny that you're the first and only person to respond, because my infj boyfriend's name is Jeremy haha :) And what you said is spot on!

·
Banned
3,600 Posts
You just have to be conscious of the differences (both of you) and take turns on stuff. One is naturally submissive romantically and one is naturally playful romantically. So if he starts playing around, just go with it, and later, tell him "be more dominant this time." Etc.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Logically practical: Te compliments the weaknesses of Fi. INTJ is very responsible in matters INFP would not care so much for. Emotionally impractical: INFP's desire for reciprocity might not be matched by INTJ...or any other T type, unless the T type understands this need and not trivialize it. I would definitely recommend this relationship if both types are well developed.

·
Banned
3,600 Posts
Logically practical: Te compliments the weaknesses of Fi. INTJ is very responsible in matters INFP would not care so much for. Emotionally impractical: INFP's desire for reciprocity might not be matched by INTJ...or any other T type, unless the T type understands this need and not trivialize it. I would definitely recommend this relationship if both types are well developed.
She was asking about INFJ boyfriend, not INTJ :p

·
Registered
209 Posts
INFJ can at times desire things to proceed traditionally and be thrown off by INFP desire for spontanaity. INFP can be outwardly disorganized but orderly while INFJ may seem outwardly orderly but not keen to organize mundane taks. INFP may want to talk about past more and need to process thoughts longer than quick-thinking INFJ.

Great combo tho. Will compliment each other's similarities and teach each other how to expand if not think own way is the "right" one. Both very caring, excellent conversationalists and appreciate nice things without losing sight of what really matters usually.

Reactions: chip

·
Banned
2,318 Posts
I think INFJ male and INFP female is the best way this can work, the INFJ will assume a male role, the INFP will assume a female role very well. When it's the other way around... under social pressure and norms, the female INFJ will feel like she's taking the role of the "undecided" male. That could be trouble, but INFJ are not only dreamers, they are also organizers and doers. I can see myself being the leader, I don't think it's an overload. In a relation with a INFP you'd also get appreciation, so as an INFJ it's not likely to feel exhausted. Well... unless an immature INFJ that cannot see the whole idea. I may be projecting, at least that's how it works with me, appreciation goes a long way and refreshes my energy.

In my current combo INFJ and ISFJ, I had a backseat role for a long time (many years), and have recently taken up my correct role. Feels good and could not really let it go again. It grew on me quite fast and I don't want to live without this feeling of being in charge and dependable. It helps my need to take care of others.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you so much for all of this. It is all so very accurate. What do you think about Infjs being demisexuals? Do they tend to not care about anyone else sexually when they're involved with one person?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts