Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read that INFP females go light on the makeup.. Do you use makeup, and how much do you use? As for me, I never wear it most days except if I go out or there's a special occasion. And when I do, I always go for a natural look. I also take care of my skin, which I believe is more helpful than makeup. I personally don't like when women put on alot of makeup products, it looks artificial and it hides what their face actually looks like, hence why some women never leave the house without it. I think it's sad.

·
Registered
701 Posts
I care a lot about make up, clothes, ect...
But I'm not "painting my face" because it doesn't look beautiful when I put on to much. I wouldn't call it, in my case, an INFP-thing. No one in my environment really put on a lot of make-up so I think it's not just a case of personality, but also one of culture.
Maybe an INFP who goes for example to a school where a girls wear tons of make-up will be more able to compare. :). I don't really know, I think it depends on the person. I care much about how I look like, but on the other hand, I hàte presenting myself... So I think it's someone environment plays a role in this; in what someone sees as to much make up to wear, and how much the INFP will wear. Or how less, cause INFP's are ''swimmers against the crowd.'' :)

·
Banned
598 Posts
Dislike the feel of makeup - refuse to use foundation - and prefer myself without it. Female friends often say I'd be a knockout or whatever with it on but I doubt this. Beyond eye-liner and mascara and lip balm/stick for a special occasion and concealer for my dark-circles, I'm clueless. I'd feel like a tranny for sure :) going by how much most women put on. Suits them fine just I'd look terrible. Anyway, it's common knowledge that the name brand cosmetics have dangerous quantities of lead and other ingredients that harm delicate facial skin, not to mention the rest of you...

·
Registered
3,734 Posts
My use of make-up is zero. The reasons:
1. Can't stand how it feels
2. I like to be ready to rub my face against my loved ones and kiss and not have paranoia that all the stuff is all over the place. Practicality.
3. Need the freedom to rub my eyes and lips with my hands
4. I don't spend more than 5 minutes choosing an outfit, and the thought of spending 5-10 extra minutes applying color to my face is unappealing
5. I don't spend money on clothes, much less of beauty products (except essential oils), I'm all about minimal shopping & practicality

If I ever get dark circles under the eyes, I'll steal concealer from my sister and put on some on the dark part. Takes 30 seconds, makes me look healthy & if I rub my eyes, well, it has no color so nothing happens to my face or hands. Practicality!
But I'd never buy a tube of concealer specifically for myself. If my sister isn't around, then I'll sport my dark circles, no problem.

When I'm going somewhere where I want to look nice and healthy, such as a job interview, or a date, I'll pinch my cheeks a little before entering the room. Cheap, easy, natural.

If one day I'm feeling particularly femmie and I'm going to a special event (happens like once every 2-3 years) where I'm dressing really nice with a dress (usually I wear vests and pants), I go with dark make-up. Eggplant or dark brown or dark red lips, and mascara. No eyeshadow. I don't even know how to apply it, tbh. Oh yeah, and no foundation.

·
Registered
3,734 Posts

·
Registered
INFP 4w5 sp
5,227 Posts
I don't wear any make-up unless it's for a costume. My reasons are pretty much the same as @entheos has already said

I don't like how it feels or smells on my face, I like to be able to touch my face, I think it's a waste of time and money, don't like having to scrub it off afterwards, and I prefer a natural 'genuine' look anyways. I always thought it sad that some women feel like they don't dare be seen without it - I want to be loved for who I really am and that includes how I really look. I can understand having fun with it, it can be artsy, it can be expressive, it's just not for me personally.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I would like to go light on the makeup but as I have gotten older, I have worn more makeup due to my skin's imperfections.

For me, part of being an idealist and a creative person is wanting my appearance to be ideal also. The closest I can get to that is with a stronger foundation.

Some people use their body as the canvas. Some people prefer to use other mediums. And some just cover up what they, and others, don't wish to see.

·
Registered
912 Posts
I agree with VintageHeartStrings about the appeal of makeup to an Idealist. I've had acne and imperfect skin since I was a teenager, so makeup was a way to "cover" that. And then I got into using eyeshadow and eyeliner to make my eyes appear bigger, so it's just been part of my routine every morning for years now.

It does take a bit of time to put it all on, and take it all off, and it's uncomfortable to think about sweaty or watery situations where the makeup has to come off. But on the other hand, it's a pleasure to see it transform my face every morning. A bit magical. It's a trade-off. Of course I'd rather be a "natural beauty" -- who wouldn't? But at this point I'm too used to how I could look *with* makeup on that my bare face just seems like it needs something to jazz it up. So to me, makeup is kinda like meat or spices in that way -- you don't *need* it, but once you've tried it, it's hard to imagine life without it.

·
Registered
451 Posts
We need to add this to the "how to find an infp girl" thread. I met this girl who I want to say is isfp and she doesn't wear any makeup whatsoever. Still pretty though.

·
MOTM January 2013
10,605 Posts
I like make-up personally though not everyday. And especially if you are creative with it, it's like a new art form and feels quite relaxing to apply :tongue: IDK, I guess some find applying the stuff tricky or annoying or whatever but I enjoy doing so. Im really choosy with the products I buy so nothing contains parabens, sulphates and a whole heap of other bad stuff, I tend to go for the natural, organic stuff and want to learn how to make more of my own stuff. I have a bit of a skincare routine coz skin needs food too. Sometimes going down the beach and gentling scrubbing yourself down with wet sand makes for a cheap exfoliator. So, mmm yeah, each to their own.

·
Premium Member
15,077 Posts
(ignore my current avatar as you read my post. :laughing: )

Paint my face? NO. I hate the money spent, the smell, the feel, and most of all the social pressure of it is expected of me as a *woman* to paint my face. What is it called when something is accepted or pushed in society as an expected norm -- a societal rule? Can't think of the right word now, but I say, I'm not playing.

My preference even came up in my SLOAN test results:

Reserved
outsider, does not fit in most places, does not mind going days without speaking to people, does not like night life and crowds, not self expressive, spends more time in solitary activity than group activity, does not compete for the spotlight, fears getting involved with others, not seductive, dresses to avoid standing out, not impulsive, loner, female introverts tend not to like wearing makeup, does not enjoy leadership, not very sexual, more likely to be nerdy, prefers loose fitting clothing, inhibited, suspicious, tattoo averse, unmotivated, can't do anything when they don't feel good, has trouble speaking when emotional, dislikes compliments, desires security and support, does not like accepting help, more visual than verbal, does not want to be famous, likes science fiction, prefers to stick with things they know, not traditional

·
Registered
410 Posts
I don't use make-up. Sometimes I apply mascara, but then it has to be ecological and not tested on animals. I refuse to use things that caused pain or suffering.

I just don't feel like putting stuff on my face. I can stand mascara and eyeliner, to an extent.
Lipstick..... Uh... Meh. My lips feel weird.
Eyeshadow... Uh... Only on special occasions.
Foundation? No way. Nope nope nope nope. My face would explode into acne in an instant. Also, my skin is far to fair to be able to match anything xD

The only times I actually use make-up is if I'm going to a special occasion. I love the challenge of making it artsy, but not hiding myself in it. But that's like... On my birthday.
The only time I use make up a LOT is on Halloween xD

·
Registered
392 Posts
I don't. It's too much of a mess, I suck at applying it, and it's just blegh. (I also don't really do anything/go anywhere to warrant it.) I think some people can do amazing things with it and it's awesome, and if it was something actually important (best friend's graduation) then I'd figure out how, but anything other than that, no thanks.
@Ametcitra (or anyone who's interested), Lush doesn't test on animals and everything there is generally pretty awesome if you find what you like (and they have like, everything- makeup, shampoo, toothpaste, face wash). They're in like a ton of countries, that's just the link for the US site.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Some days when I am feeling wild, I will apply foundation, concealor, and the whole sha-bang. I am very picky though, I don't like wild colors and don't cake on the foundation either. I like neutral colors. Most days though, I will wear nothing but a little bit of mascara. I like to look nice if I am going out, but I will not over do it by any means.

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
I don't wear much make-up.. I don't wake-up and feel a need to put make-up on, and I don't spend hours in front of the mirror.
I consider myself a tomboy.
I have been experimenting lately, because I want to be able to cosplay, but I don't really think I need much of the normal make-up.
It makes my face break out and the black eye-liner is too harsh on my eyes.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Sometimes when I'm at home by myself, I like to draw myself a moustache with my eyebrow pencil just to see how it would look & how I would look if I were a man. :3
LOL.

I wear foundation almost every day because it's pretty hassle-free- literally takes me three minutes while driving into work. I have tried to wear more (like eyeliner or blush) because sometimes I get a little tired of everyone thinking I'm still in high school, but I've never been able to stick to it. Maybe one day if I learned how to apply it and still look natural...

I don't really like spending an extra amount of time getting ready though. My mornings are for sleeping as late as I possibly can :)

·
Registered
123 Posts
I actually use a BB cream now (for men... way less color/thickness/perfume, haha) but I hated makeup for the longest time. Now I own mascara and eyeshadow, but rarely use them. I don't like the idea of rubbing my eyes and looking like a panda, or eating red paint. It all started with me finally deciding I needed to do something about my acne last year (I'm 27, lol). Discovered the importance of sunscreen--since I want to look like a cute 15-year-old INFP forever, you know--and figured that if I was going to have stuff on my face, I could be more adventurous. BB creams are awesome--color and sunscreen all in one. ;) I'm too lazy for anything else.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts