Personality Cafe banner

21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Nah. I think I look fine without makeup. I remember in middle school/high school when everybody else started to wear it, I was very hesitant. I was afraid if I started, I would never feel satisfied or complete with my face makeupless, and I didn't want to take that risk.

If anything, I'll just wear a lipstain. A bit of color can give me a confidence boost on nights where I want to look slightly nicer. Also I don't feel a stain once it's applied. Typically I hate the feeling of makeup on my face, anywhere.

·
Registered
86 Posts
i use makeup when the mood strikes, but even so i keep it fresh and natural looking. i opt for bb cream, blush, mascara, and tinted lip balm. on the rare occasions that i'm in the mood for more dramatic eye makeup, i choose neutral eyeshadow shades and subtle eyeliner. as i've grown older i've become much more comfortable with my bare face, so i never apply makeup from a place of insecurity or pressure which helps me to find it enjoyable. i respect women & men who go for bold and/or heavy looks, because i can recognize the artistry and application skill involved, so i am not at all opposed to that. it's just that from a personal standpoint i don't desire to present myself that way.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I wouldn't, but I have terrible skin and it makes me self conscious, so it takes a bit of foundation to cover it up. I hate the way it feels though, I wish there was a way to make it less sticky... anyway. Applying makeup is fun though, I find ways to get creative with it regularly :)

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
My make-up and no make-up days when going out in public are like 50/50. Not a lot and not always, but more than, as it seems, most people on this thread. I have an un-even and pigmented skin, which leaves me very self-conscious about it. I also like how I look with mascara. And lipsticks are my fav. But I never want to go too far to stand out or not look like myself.

·
Registered
5,822 Posts
I just wanna start off by saying that I don't think wearing makeup is USUALLY about how much you "need or don't need." From what I've seen, it's not about how beautiful you are, but how much work you put into dressing up your external self. Could you imagine what it might be like for a "hippie" in a club in New York if they didn't try to fit in there? Just a theory..and I'm not just trying to be nice when I say I know a great many people who look attractive without any on, because they have natural "beauty."

Anyway, I don't care about wearing much. I don't put on any foundation or blush or anything because I already have skin which is difficult to maintain - if I did, it would only be to cover up blemishes, and that in my experience has only made them much, much worse. On a daily basis, if I'm going out I'll wear eye liner, mascara, and pink lip gloss or nothing at all. If I'm not, I won't wear anything (literally. ;) Jp) Part of why I don't wear more than that comes from disinterest and also laziness. I don't really care how many styles would look on me, ESPECIALLY not if it's a lot of work for me as applying makeup is not something I enjoy doing. And if I do like a certain style, it's typically because it's simple, and associated with something I am interested in spiritually ("Metal chick makeup.") Yes, I can be very easy in that respect. ._.

Truth be told, I often worried that I wasn't as good looking as I thought I was without it, because I would look up images of a lot of women with no makeup and not like what I saw EVEN THOUGH in person, this has not been the case with people I see...also I hated most pictures of me without it (I saw myself differently in the mirror,) so I thought I must not be too different from those women online. I've come to realize, now, that they didn't have much of that natural beauty I was talking about. But for all I know, I don't, either.

Also I felt it was a social norm, and more acceptable to wear it regardless of whether you were trying to cover something up or not. But obviously I can only speak for myself, which is what I was asked to do...I can't stress that enough. I can't say whether that is an INFP thing or not.

·
MOTM Dec 2011
8,651 Posts
I enjoy makeup. There is nothing "sad" about it. On the contrary, it's fun and makes me happy. On a daily basis I'm often running late and don't do much beyond evening my skin out, but when I have time I really like the process of putting it on and creating different looks. I don't wear heavy makeup because my face doesn't wear it well, but I like red lips or glittery eye shadow and often have a "signature" way of doing my black liquid liner. I like when people associate a style with me, like its my creation.

My face is what genetics gave me; it says nothing of who I am. But what I create with clothes and makeup is derived from my imagination, my sense of aesthetics, my mood, etc. I'm no makeup artist nor extremely original but I do consider it a personal expression.

I really dislike when those who don't wear make up have a pious attitude about it. I don't judge them for not wearing makeup.

·
Registered
489 Posts
I almost always wear. I am not one of those people who can't be seen without it but I'll usually only go bare faced to the gym. I like to look good and makeup just makes me look so much more polished. I am not one of those people who looks unrecognizable without it because I don't cake it on. But putting it on just makes me feel so much better about myself. I function better when I feel like I look nice and a little dolled up.

I just fill in my brows a bit, some concealer, and add dark brown eyeliner, a good mascara which makes my long but not so full lashes look extremely flirty and giant, and a small touch of blush or bronzer. I don't wear foundation or tons of eyeshadow or lipstick or anything bright or heavy. But my eyes are my best feature and I just love how I look with the makeup.
And with really blonde hair well the makeup really looks great.

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
I'm on stage a lot, so I will wear makeup (full face, minus lips) on those days, but not normally. When going to job #1, I usually swipe on mascara and that's it. However, when I do need to put on foundation,etc. I always go for a more natural look. I feel like "dark and smoky" is way too much on my face, but some girls can pull it off.
I don't think less makeup is an INFP thing, I think it's a minor personality preference that is nonexclusive.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I wear makeup quite often. It makes me feel like I put it some effort. I'm also a bit of an annoying artsy type so I like playing with colour and design.

I find myself a bit annoyed when girls who don't wear makeup put themselves on a higher platform based on a
"natural" vs "artificial" dichotomy, because the definition of both those two societal constructs are constantly changing.

To each their own though.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm really not into makeup, but because I'm very fair, and my eyelashes are sparse, I like to wear a little eyeliner, or else I think I look a little sickly. Might be in my imagination, but it makes me feel better, so I do it. Not always, but usually.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I wear makeup- but I don't feel insecure without it, so to speak. Like, I wear concealer under my eyes, and rad patches, and spots (because being a night owl and having to wake up at 6am for school does not give you the prettiest complexion). Aside from that I wear eye makeup just because I like the look of it and enjoy wearing it, I like my flick-y eyeliner, not gonna lie.

x

·
Registered
130 Posts
i usually go heavy on the eye make up and foundation depending on the mood I'm in. if i'm in an exhausted or lethargic state then i'll wear nothing

·
Registered
6 Posts
I basically never wear makeup. I think it's because I have a very deep need to be genuine and show my real face to the world. I don't think I've ever really worn makeup in public (I let my cousin experiment on me occasionally, because it makes her happy) except in plays and a couple of weeks ago when I went to a ball, I tried to go for the natural look, but my friend put it on so it ended up heavier than I would have liked.

·
Registered
484 Posts
I don't use much foundation for two reasons:
1. I don't like how it feels
2. I'm too lazy
I just use concealer..
But I'm a big fan of eye makeup; eyeliner, eye shadow, mascara.
I'm almost always wearing eyeliner, even at home...it's an addiction.
As for lipstick, only occasionally. I usually wear red also.

·
Registered
756 Posts
I technically have all these value judgements that I could state as my reason such as I feel like I'm lying to people or I feel like I won't like my real face if I keep wearing it but I think what threw me off the most was my predisposition to fail at being a girl.
The few times I've had makeup on even if it wasn't much, I felt like a gucky clown. Even when someone more experienced put makeup on me would I cringe at how ridiculous it looked. When I have makeup on I look like a sad excuse for a girl or like someone who was desperately trying to look attractive. :sad:

Anyway. It's not like it was my lifelong dream to be a girl so it doesn't really bother me and I feel more confident without makeup so I just don't wear it.

·
Registered
351 Posts
I'm actually a certified makeup artist; I love using it, And I love wearing it. It's more about creating beautiful artwork for me than hiding my face, though. I can certainly leave my house without any makeup on, and I've done so many times. I just love all the wonderful things I can create with it; it's lots of fun for me :)

21 - 40 of 51 Posts