Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
3,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes, as the title suggests it's time for an INFP forum appreciation thread!
Whether this means giving a virtual hug to the actual forum it's self or thanking
the other INFP members for their contributions.

You can do it all right here!

INFPs, let those appreciative juices flow!
Let your Extroverted Intuition run wild!

I'll start:

• Everyone here is friendly and humorous, which is everything you could ever need
  • You get those "wow I do that as well" moments, which I couldn't even begin to explain how good that feels!
  • People thank you a lot, which gives a sense that other people understand you Or agree with what you are saying. Acceptance feels good! :crazy:

Oh yea and.......*hugs forum* :proud:

(Hopefully there isn't another thread like this......that would be a bit embarrassing :mellow:)

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
I was trying to think of something really cruel and mean to write here to counteract the soppy words but I'm missing the well of dark energy tonight that usually brings me such power.

So instead I'll just have to accept your hugs grudgingly.

</nutjob>

·
Banned
3,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was trying to think of something really cruel and mean to write here to counteract the soppy words but I'm missing the well of dark energy tonight that usually brings me such power.

So instead I'll just have to accept your hugs grudgingly.

</nutjob>
....and I just thanked this forum for being friendly.........Pfft......:tongue::crazy:

·
Banned
2,078 Posts
Lol sweet! Thanks! You're welcome! Until next time! I'll miss you!

I agree with you, we must be the best forum on the site :)
I hung out in INFJ for an hour or so and I realized how rude, dull, and judgmental they were. I wasn't enjoying the vibes at all.
INFPs are just the bestest.
Can ya believe someone was accusing ALL INFPs of trying/wanting to be INFJs? Shame.

·
Banned
3,624 Posts
Well I would like to thank the people of the forum for...

allowing themselves to be emotionally vulnerable when opening up. Sharing things they'd probably not disclose anywhere else.

for not caring about the image they might project to anyone else watching and reading, and just being honest. And real. I feel as if there is no competition here to make overtly insightful, intelligent comments or to appear strong, successful etc according to external measurement. It's more about honesty of expression. I've come to really appreciate this.

for fostering an environment of openness and sharing. I get the impression that there are so many threads on this board because firstly... there is no infp only forum, but secondly most can post what they actually feel without fear of reprisal and being told "you're wrong", or "you're being too emotional". Sometimes i'm sure we might think it, but we respect the feelings of that person, and understand that denying their perspective out right, is not going to help their situation. Usually we know what to do, we just look for validation.

For the unspoken understanding via the 'thanks'.

For the quiet encouragement and solidarity.

Lol sweet! Thanks! You're welcome! Until next time! I'll miss you!

I agree with you, we must be the best forum on the site :)
I hung out in INFJ for an hour or so and I realized how rude, dull, and judgmental they were. I wasn't enjoying the vibes at all.
INFPs are just the bestest.
Can ya believe someone was accusing ALL INFPs of trying/wanting to be INFJs? Shame.
Pretty convinced you're a trollolololol!

·
Banned
2,078 Posts
Well I would like to thank the people of the forum for...

allowing themselves to be emotionally vulnerable when opening up. Sharing things they'd probably not disclose anywhere else.

for not caring about the image they might project to anyone else watching and reading, and just being honest. And real. I feel as if there is no competition here to make overtly insightful, intelligent comments or to appear strong, successful etc according to external measurement. It's more about honesty of expression. I've come to really appreciate this.

for fostering an environment of openness and sharing. I get the impression that there are so many threads on this board because firstly... there is no infp only forum, but secondly most can post what they actually feel without fear of reprisal and being told "you're wrong", or "you're being too emotional". Sometimes i'm sure we might think it, but we respect the feelings of that person, and understand that denying their perspective out right, is not going to help their situation. Usually we know what to do, we just look for validation.

For the unspoken understanding via the 'thanks'.

For the quiet encouragement and solidarity.

Pretty convinced you're a trollolololol!
Why are you convinced that?
Like you said... "for not caring about the image they might project to anyone else watching and reading, and just being honest. And real." That's what's up.

And "there is no competition here to make overtly insightful, intelligent comments or to appear strong, successful etc according to external measurement. It's more about honesty of expression. I've come to really appreciate this."
Agree, not as if we could make overly insightful comments. Well, perhaps we could if we, y'know, tried reeeeeaaally hard! :laughing:

·
Banned
3,624 Posts
Why are you convinced that?
Like you said... "for not caring about the image they might project to anyone else watching and reading, and just being honest. And real." That's what's up.

And "there is no competition here to make overtly insightful, intelligent comments or to appear strong, successful etc according to external measurement. It's more about honesty of expression. I've come to really appreciate this."
Agree, not as if we could make overly insightful comments. Well, perhaps we could if we, y'know, tried reeeeeaaally hard! :laughing:
Well I think a lot of our insights are mainly for ourselves; they are a bit difficult to articulate. So yes, I agree I think expressing many things would involve trying hard, it would also involve desiring to communicate something that is very personal to ourselves in the first place.

Also, it seems many of us have a problem with being succinct too. I know I have that problem. I write far too much waffle that really only makes sense to me and doesn't even support what i'm saying, because I don't even know what I'm saying hal the time... I just let it flow and pour out :proud:

·
Registered
4,339 Posts
What can I say about this wonderful INFP forum?
I love this place. I can't even venture much outside it because
I miss it when I go to other sections of the forum and then notice
the people are not as big of sweethearts as they are here.
There's so much understanding among us it's
beautiful. The way we always are there to extend a hand to someone
that is having a bad day and to be honest and open about
who we really are. I feel like the reason why there are so many posts here
is because were really all connected.
I love you all.
<3
*hugs and kisses and hugs hugs husg* to this forum.
: )

·
Banned
2,078 Posts
Well I think a lot of our insights are mainly for ourselves; they are a bit difficult to articulate. So yes, I agree I think expressing many things would involve trying hard, it would also involve desiring to communicate something that is very personal to ourselves in the first place.

Also, it seems many of us have a problem with being succinct too. I know I have that problem. I write far too much waffle that really only makes sense to me and doesn't even support what i'm saying, because I don't even know what I'm saying hal the time... I just let it flow and pour out :proud:
"Well I think a lot of our insights are mainly for ourselves; they are a bit difficult to articulate. So yes, I agree I think expressing many things would involve trying hard, it would also involve desiring to communicate something that is very personal to ourselves in the first place. "
Indeed~

"it seems many of us have a problem with being succinct too. I know I have that problem. I write far too much waffle that really only makes sense to me and doesn't even support what i'm saying, because I don't even know what I'm saying hal the time... I just let it flow and pour out :proud:"
Well excuse me. hal the time.

·
Banned
3,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Oi. You have no authority to call me out on grammar and or typos! :bored:
Me thinks I does.
Please refrain from derailing this thread.
If you would like to continue discussing something that
isn't part of the thread, please do it via private messages!
:mellow:

I think I'm starting to sound like a mod!

Ok back on track!.......

I appreciate how everyone contributes to this lovely forum!
Without you guys (INFPs) it wouldn't be here!

·
Registered
223 Posts
I have been very inspired here and I must say it is really impossible not to love you guys. There is a strong quantity of very rich, mentally nourishing thought processes here, and plenty of warmth, loving community, not just from our dear INFP's but also from our dear INFP lovers, who visit our forum. And by the way I appreciate this thread, thank you for making it!:proud:

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
This forum is a great place-everyone is so kind and non-judgemental. and some many people with problems..notsaying thats a good thing but in real life amongst my friends i'm always the super-emotional unstable one-but here i'm not alone in that and well i can help folsk with their troubles and them me!

·
Registered
391 Posts
I really appreciate being able to share thoughts and feelings I've never shared before, and actually feel understood.
I appreciate finding people I relate to, and people who relate to me.
I appreciate the new friends I've made here - some of you feel like family (whether you know it or not:blushed:).
I appreciate the respect, despite differences of opinion.
I appreciate NOT being told that I'm wrong, or I shouldn't feel the way I do.
I appreciate everyone's insights, and the deep reflection they bring - you have changed my life for the better.

·
Banned
137 Posts
Well.... I very much appreciate the atmosphere of this place. I think it's so amazing and rare to actually have found a place where one can be honest about what they feel and think. As Nova said, it's so nice to know that you're safe from judgement for the most part.

I also thank the community for being so caring, peaceful, and insightful. There are always intelligent discussions going on and vehement arguing is kept to a minimum. Mods are doing a good job! But I should also contribute this to an INFP's natural aversion to conflict. Wow, we're like a self-supporting peaceful society. :crazy: For the most part at least.

All in all I am grateful for all that I have learned here and looking forward to all that I will experience here in the future. Honestly these forums gave me so much iinsight into myself and consequently this has given me a sense of direction with my life. :proud:

If it weren't for Nova actually I might have left these forums early (yes, days waiting for your responses hahaha :tongue:) And who knows how I would have turned out?

Thanks FiNe SiTe for making this thread. Now I think I can stop feeling compelled to express my gratitude for Personality Cafe randomly on other threads.

This truly is a fine site! :proud:

·
Banned
2,078 Posts
Well.... I very much appreciate the atmosphere of this place. I think it's so amazing and rare to actually have found a place where one can be honest about what they feel and think. As Nova said, it's so nice to know that you're safe from judgement for the most part.

I also thank the community for being so caring, peaceful, and insightful. There are always intelligent discussions going on and vehement arguing is kept to a minimum. Mods are doing a good job! But I should also contribute this to an INFP's natural aversion to conflict. Wow, we're like a self-supporting peaceful society. :crazy: For the most part at least.

All in all I am grateful for all that I have learned here and looking forward to all that I will experience here in the future. Honestly these forums gave me so much iinsight into myself and consequently this has given me a sense of direction with my life. :proud:

If it weren't for Nova actually I might have left these forums early (yes, days waiting for your responses hahaha :tongue:) And who knows how I would have turned out?

Thanks FiNe SiTe for making this thread. Now I think I can stop feeling compelled to express my gratitude for Personality Cafe randomly on other threads.

:)

i smile to you but, i must give me two cents... if you direct others here, they will come and spoil the fine atmosphere. my opinion.

·
Banned
2,078 Posts

:)

i smile to you but, i must give me two cents... if you direct others here, they will come and spoil the fine atmosphere. my opinion.

Lol I just realized my profile post rank says "Enthusiast". well, that's for sure.

* sorry for the double post lol

1 - 20 of 28 Posts