Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Kurt Cobain is the most famous I know of.

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
There MUST be plenty. The stage is the ideal "let it out" scenario, for even the most introverted of individuals. There they just want to express themselves through music, and in case of band "frontmen" they are able to do so naturally and with little inhibitions (I would even say that it's very possible that an INFP may have an easier time with an audience in this manner, than with group or even one-on-one interactions.)

If you are one, let it out, and know that you are not the only INFP out there that does so (INFP doesn't mean "can't engage in public interaction/too introverted to be a band leader"-music is a very powerful source of personal expression, and perhaps will be easier and/or flow more naturally to you than the spoken word.)

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Jack Steadman of Bombay Bicycle club is probably an INFP or an INFJ. He gives off a huge Fi vibe to me, and he listens to lots of random music genres like I do. However, I haven't seen much evidence to confirm Ne so we can't know for sure.

I think you're more likely to get INFJ frontmen and frontwomen though, the Ni-Fe combo is better for it than the Fi-Ne (although one of each in a partnership is good).

What about Paul Simon?

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
i've heard that Eddie Vedder is, but i strongly doubt it. Kate Bush and Alanis Morissette are front WOmen also (ik alanis doesn't seem like it but if you've listened to her stuff PAST jagged little pill, you'd know for certain)

·
Registered
235 Posts
I've got Lennon as INTP and Cobain as XNTP. But, it's tough to really know. I predict they can figure this stuff out within 5-10 years definitively.

·
Registered
451 Posts
I've got Lennon as INTP and Cobain as XNTP. But, it's tough to really know. I predict they can figure this stuff out within 5-10 years definitively.
Kurt was definitely an IxFP. He rarely talked during interviews and pretty much let Krist and Dave do it all. He really was only his wacky self when among friends or on stage (his outlet). Plus, all his song lyrics are about his personal feelings and morals, and although Nirvana music isn't exactly difficult to play, it makes up for that through strong emotion. He also said "I feel" a lot more often than "I think."

S or N is debateable.

·
Banned
2,025 Posts
Also, Robert's pal Amy Lee from Evanescence. Similar difficult behavior that leads to constantly changing bandmates.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Like people said i also believe Kurt Cobain was, and I don't know if it counts cause you asked for frontmen but i think John Frusciante is an INFP as well.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts